Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

@@kaleighMCL

About the sheers, I know you said they ended up being wrong size but...did you buy them for the sky deck or beach? Do you know the correct size the sheers need to be? Also, where did you buy your original ones from? Thanks! :)

I got them for the old brown gazebo on the sky deck. I highly recommend getting colour of some sort in there because i had a couple ppl say that i just blended in and they couldn't really see the detail in my dress....just what you want to hear on your wedding day LOL. I got the original sheers from frabric land but i'm not sure what size the new gazebo is. Its big though. If you are over 5'10 i reccomend don't doing the sheers across the front - standing there (i'm 6'0) it would have blocked my head.

I'm SO disappointed to hear they changed from the dark brown gazebo to the white one! So much so that I am no longer interested in holding my wedding on the sky deck! The look was much more modern and suited the feel better than the look of the white version.

Though It will probably change again by the time my date comes around! Haha

I was in the exact same boat - with the main exception i was browsing this site about two months out from my wedding and saw it had been changed...no email no warning no nothing. I was less than thrilled with the lack of communication - in person its very nice, but i would just add some solid colour to it to help make you pop out a bit. I did get comments about how I 'blended' in between the gazebo and the table linen....

I was in the exact same boat - with the main exception i was browsing this site about two months out from my wedding and saw it had been changed...no email no warning no nothing. I was less than thrilled with the lack of communication - in person its very nice, but i would just add some solid colour to it to help make you pop out a bit. I did get comments about how I 'blended' in between the gazebo and the table linen....

Im down for the dress rehearsal in June, so I will see it in person and see if I like it more in person. This is the only location that isnt on the beach correct? (Im not interested in indoor locations) That was a real bonus for me, since i like my heels and so do many of my guests... and the idea of getting married with a view of the ocean without getting sand in our sandals was a real bonus! but at the end of the day- the esthetics of the ceremony are important enough that if it will fit my vision better by being on the beach, I will suck it up!

:o)

Does anyone have the dimensions for the posts on the new Zavas Plaza gazebo? We'd like to bring Christmas lights to wrap around the poles, but I'm not sure of the measurements!

I'd appreciate any feedback, we're getting so close to our big day! 29 days and counting. :)

Thanks ladies!

@@lolita2014

I previously had the same issue with Karisma; I was working with Karla (who was great) and stopped getting responses, only to find out through this thread that Karla had resigned from the company - if only this was the worst of it.

We are getting married May 3, 2014 and I'm beginning to panic.  I now have Carol as my wedding coordinator - she is a complete mess, unfortunately.  She is not efficient and has absolutely no organization at all.  Our final payment was due on March 21 and I finally got a response from her this past Monday, after numerous phone calls/emails requesting our detail sheet.  Well, when I finally received the detail sheet - it is completely wrong.  Prices are wrong/head counts are completely off and she didn't even have my bridal bouquet or half of the centerpieces listed!  I am working two jobs and planning a wedding where 70+ family members and friends are paying a lot of money, as are we!  We've spent thousands of dollars so far and Carol can't even make time to correctly input our requests?

Needless to say, I'm extremely frustrated.  I contacted the online chat yesterday and was able to get a supervisor's e-mail.  I sent an extremely well thought out, disappointing e-mail to both Carol and the supervisor, hoping to get some sort of response/compensation for the incredibly upsetting planning that has gone on thus far.  I am really hoping that all the previous brides are correct when they say that everything will go off without a hitch once we get down to Mexico.  Because the off site coordinators don't hold up to the "Gourmet, Five Star" name of the Karisma resorts. 

Extremely disappointed up to this point, but I refuse to become a bridezilla!  :) Best of luck to you and the rest of the brides, I know we will all have beautiful weddings and a great time, once the planning is done!

I'd love to get my hands on that supervisors email if you're willing to share.... My wedding is in a little under 3 weeks and I have a lot of things that have been poorly managed and misrepresented. Not to mention the extreme prices my CANCUN based planner is now quoting me - after I was told differently at the BDR last fall.

Thanks!

Hi! 

We are having the following:

Welcome Party - Plapa Yoga

Ceremony - Sky Deck

Cocktail Hour - ? 

Reception - Plaza Zavaz

Can anyone recommend what to do for cocktail hour? They are saying the sky deck isnt large enough to do cocktail hour there. What locations have you secured?

Thanks!!! :)

Edited by LaurenR

@@lolita2014

I didn't know you had an online wedding summary?!?!  Wow. im 12 days away from my wedding and in the year and a half that I've been dealing with karisma this is the first time im hearing about this. 

I am like you...I would not recommend a karisma resort bc of the planning issues & on top of that the insane fees.  I check into other forums and girls are complaining about $300 vendor fees.  Please give me that!

The way I see it is a "Top Rated" resort should act like one through the whole process...not just that one day.

I didn't know about this either (my wedding is in two weeks). After seeing your post, I asked my WC about it and she said it's better to work directly with her and she will add the items to my spreadsheet. This has worked fairly well, although it is a lot of back and forth and sometimes I had to wait a week or two for a confirmation.

Edited by BeachBrideToBe