Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Hello All, I was wondering what everyone is doing in regards to food for their DJ and photographers? I think I read somewhere that you can by a "boxed lunch" for around $10.00 but I'm wondering whether that's rude or not! My gut is saying it is.

Jenny, for my centrepieces I only have five tables so I have ordered four of BC-08's (in white and like pink) which will be centred around a hurricane vase. I then ordered freeze-dried rose petals which will be scattered around the hurricane vase. I'm hoping it will look good! I'm also bringing my own lace table runners and organza chair sashes.  I wasn't a fan of the hanging corsages that were included in my package so they let me substitute for the centrepieces..that really helped with the cost.

Hmmm- I had not thought about food for the DJ and photographer since they will only be there 4 hours or so. I' ll ask my wedding coordinator for advice.

I have 6 tables so ordering 6 of BC-08 in red and white is not exorbitant. This is definitely an option. I am bringing so much stuff already and it will be nice to have real flowers on the tables.

@@JMK923

Sounds like you had a blast. Loved your review! and cant wait to see pictures.

So you can walk from sensatori to beach? about how far? I was actually interested in doing that but didn't know if it was possible.  and are you able to eat and drink there?

You mentioned they charged you the full $250.  What did you bring down?

Thanks for your help and congrats on being a Mrs. :D

The Azul Beach is about a 15 minute walk north along the beach. Just be warned you will have to pass a nudist resort along the way.

@@michandwarr we gave our DJ and MC each the $9 meal as well as tipped them. They were really happy and I'm pretty sure they ate their meals.

@@talicea7812 thank you so much! Yes the walk from AS to AB was about 15 minutes. We only grabbed drinks from the outdoor bar there but I'm not sure if we were "supposed" to or not.

For the Ceremony I brought a sign for the table where we had refreshments and our sand ceremony shadow box. For the cocktail hour I brought beverage napkins and bows/ sashes for the cocktail tables. For the reception I brought Mr/ Mrs chair signs, paper lanterns, string lights, champagne glasses for Joe and I, guestbook, place cards and holders, table number cards, a sign for the gift/ guest book/ place card table... That's it!

Oh, and sashes for the reception chairs and cocktail tables at the reception location.

Edited by JMK923
  • Like 1

i [finally] managed to write a review on my amazing photographer - Claudia Rodrigues - and thought i'd check in on any updates on my nightmare DJ.  Like @@leahwolf2014 I don't see much info on DJ Allmusic, so if you're looking, check out my posts:

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/user/259863-imkrs10/?tab=posts

13 December 2013 - 06:06 AM

We just got married at Azul Fives, and would agree that there are communication issues.  Having said, this, i would still recommend the resort, provided you are prepared to have someone in your group coordinate onsite.  The coordinator provided by the hotel is lovely and sweet, but there were major communication breakdowns. 

Overall, the resort was great and my family and friends - traveling from all over the world - were generally happy, although a few had minor issues.

On the day of the wedding however, there were details that would not have been pulled off if my cousin hadn't stepped in to oversee.  For example, we met with the coordinators on Monday [our wedding was Friday] and gave all the decor that we had brought, including our place cards and table plans.  On the day of the wedding, they had no idea what to do with these, despite us having provided pictures, lists and details to our coordinator that we had been dealing with via email.  And having discussed and explained on Monday.  If my cousin hadn't stepped in, our guests would not have had any idea where to sit!

We chose a family style menu, which our guests raved over and was delicious. However, service started during the speeches, and the servers actually interrupted the best man to ask if he wanted the steak.

I'd suggest also not getting married on the beach.  Choose either the pier or the SkyDeck.  There is less space cleared around the beach gazebo than you would think and during the ceremonies, other guests are sitting around and lounging at the beach, and having showers directly behind.  Probably not what you want in the background of your photos!

I would also under no circumstances recommend DJ AllMusic.  We provided a specific playlist, and asked that no requests were taken.  However, he failed to follow this and took requests, including highly offensive songs that he played even after the Groom saw them on the list and said, Do NOT play this; The bride will be upset.  He still played them.  Sadly, we had to resort to making requests of the songs that were on our playlist as they were not being played. 

Generally the resort was accommodating.  We had 50 guests and the policy is that you cannot make reservations or have dinner tables in the restaurants for more than 6 or 8 people. We managed to get a special menu from the Asian restaurant for about 20 guests.  Although strangely, the desert turned out to be our wedding cake from the night before!

We also chose to pay the extra outside vendor fee for our photographer, and couldn't be happier!  Claudia Rodrigues is absolutely brilliant!  She is easy going, friendly and so so knowledgeable.  She helped to organize our first look pictures, made sure we were ready on time, and gave amazing tips - Powder, powder, powder!  She and her assistant were amazing and i can't recommend her enough.  

Despite our issues, i'd still recommend Azul Fives, although with a caveat that you are ready to do more work on site than you may think.

In Topic: Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

13 December 2013 - 05:40 AM

Hi - guess this thread is still going?  We just got married at Azul Fives, which is a great resort, but has limited DJ options.  You can pay an outside vendor fee with Azul, which we did for our photographer [Claudia Rodrigues who is brilliant!], but of the 2 DJ options, chose DJ AllMusic.  

My recommendation - DO NOT CHOOSE DJ ALLMUSIC!  

As part of the planning, we said that we did not want guests to be able to request songs [we had them request songs on their response cards and provided a detailed list of music to be played.]  However, halfway through our reception, DJ AllMusic started taking requests, and we ended up with a long period of no one dancing, and questionable music.  

When my husband went to request a song, which was already on the specified playlist, he saw an offensive song and said to the DJ, Do not play this.  The Bride will NOT be happy, and crossed it off the list.  15 minutes later, the song was played, and I left the reception until it finished.  Considering I was paying for his services, he had no respect and I would NOT recommend DJ AllMusic to anyone.  

For those of you who have previously purchased the fabric for the chairs and to cover the gazebo (I am not sure what to call it)... What fabric did you purchase, where, and how much did you bring with you? Thank you!

Also! Has anyone seen bright orange and pink on the beach? How do those colors look against the water??

Hi ladies!! I've been home for almost a week now and slowly getting back into the swing of things! All our friends and family are still talking about how amazing and fun our wedding was. Azul Sensatori did such a phenomenal job with every aspect. I was blown away by how much more beautiful and larger the resort is in person, and how truly great ALL the staff were! They really made every effort to ensure you are taken care of. Here is my review/ book lol sorry it’s so long winded :)

Tuesday, February 4th:

Joe and I arrived at Azul Sensatori around 11:30am and were the first ones! We were greeted with cool towels and sparkling wine. The lobby was beautiful - there is a big lounge area, gift shops, Mojito Lounge and Tapaz are all in that same area as well as Vassa Spa which is upstairs. We booked a Premium Swim-Up Suite and were greeted by Louis from the Premium Concierge. He gave us a brief tour of the resort on our way over to the Premium Concierge building. The resort is immaculate! The grounds are the prettiest I have ever seen. They do such a wonderful job maintaining everything and it clearly shows. Once at the Premium Concierge building we were given a pager that would go off once our room was ready. While we were waiting to check-in we walked around the resort to see where the beach ceremony would be and the reception location at Plaza Zavaz. We then headed down to the Beach BBQ for a late lunch which was really good! They had BBQ chicken, hot dogs, hamburgers, nachos/ cheese and a bunch of other stuff! We had a few drinks, and waited for our room to be ready.

At 3pm we were able to check-in to our room, and the process was flawless. Louis explained all the amenities that came with the Premium section, we got to select our pillow preferences and aromatherapy scents for our room. He also provided us with a letter from our Wedding Coordinator with our appointment time which was the next day. He was beyond helpful with everything our entire stay. Our room was AWESOME! It was extremely clean, updated and spacious. We loved our outside Jacuzzi and used it often hanging out with our friends, listening to music, etc. No one ever bothered us even though they were not staying in the Premium section. After we unpacked, showered and got settled in we decided to head over to Zocalo for dinner. Afterwards, I'm pretty sure we called it an early night since we were both so exhausted, and had guests coming the next day.

Wednesday, February 5th:

We woke up and just wanted to be outside soaking up some sun! We had breakfast at Spoon which was excellent (in fact, we had breakfast here just about every day), and grabbed a cabana on the beach. It was fantastic! I loved that you can reserve a cabana for some shade and they also reserve 2 chairs that are in the sun. They lay all the towels out for you, and have servers walking around taking drink orders all day. The service was of course superb!

In the afternoon, we met with our on-site wedding coordinator who was Janet and we also met with Denise. They were both SO wonderful and really knew their stuff. Janet went through my entire detail sheet very thoroughly and answered all my questions. She really made me feel at ease and I had confidence that everything would go smoothly on our wedding day (and it did!). I was then assigned to Odette who was my wedding coordinator on our wedding day. She and I went through all my decorations that I brought down, and she made notes where each item was to be placed for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. She was amazing! Janet also informed me that she would need $250 for a setup fee, so yes, I had to pay the full amount and I really don’t think I brought that much stuff at all.

After our appointment, we were expecting some our guests to arrive that day, so we went back to our room and I put together their welcome bags then we headed back to the lobby. I will point out that the welcome bags stressed me out! I was trying to avoid paying the $4 per bag delivery fee by just handing out the bags as I saw people but it was driving me absolutely crazy! I suggest NOT doing this! Lol. I eventually just gave them all out at our welcome dinner, and it worked perfect. Anyhow, talk about perfect timing - all our guests that were arriving that day were in the lobby when we walked up. Some of them were able to get an early check-in, and others were not able to check-in until 3pm. During the trip, I did make it over to see some of our guest’s rooms. All our guests were in building 3 (I believe). They were really happy with their rooms - very clean and updated with nice sized balconies or walk-out patios. We went to Zavaz for lunch and ordered the gourmet burgers. Everyone thought the burgers were SO good! We all met up later that night at Spoon for dinner and then went to the Mojito Lounge, which was SO much fun! They had a great DJ and live singer every night and the mojitos were delicious! Service was a bit slow, but only because it was pretty busy most nights, and there were only 1 or 2 bartenders working at a time.

Thursday, February 6th:

Today was the day that the majority of our guests were arriving – 32 people, including our parents! So, as you can imagine we were SO excited!!! For whatever reason (more so than other days) today was a total non-stop party day. We spent the early afternoon at the Adult Swim Up Bar, and then headed over to the swim up bar in the family section. Go figure, but the family swim up bar was WAY more wild than the adults only bar lol. At one point, the bartender was pouring tequila from the top of the patio down into our mouths while we were in the pool. We all had too much fun that day, but Joe in particular had entirely too much fun and didn’t make it out… Like, at all that night! I went out with a bunch of our family and friends to Spoon for dinner. It was SO much fun. The waiters brought bottles of tequila over to our tables (which they were nice enough to put us all close together) and before I knew it, we were all taking shots at dinner in the middle of Spoon lol. After dinner, Joe’s brother and 2 of our guy friends decided that they wanted to go out into Cancun. Oh the stories we heard the next day from their night… In fact, they had so much fun we all went out there another night! But, for the remainder of Thursday night, the rest of us ended up going to the Mojito bar which was tons of fun.

Friday, February 7th (day before our wedding!!):

I spent about an hour or so in the morning putting together our welcome bags which I would be giving out at our welcome dinner at Spoon that night. Some of the gifts in each welcome bag contained wet bikini bags, mini beach scented candles from Bath & Body Works, flip-flop bottle openers, chapstick with our names and wedding date, door hangers, drink koozies and wedding week survival kits (I have pictures of everything that I’ll post).

After I got the welcome bags together, I had an appointment at Vassa Spa to get a manicure and pedicure. The gentlemen that gave me my mani/ pedi was so nice and friendly. The service overall was great, and the spa was really pretty. However, I did feel that for a mani/ pedi $150 (or maybe it was $115) but regardless, it was VERY pricey! I was especially upset I spent all that money and the next day (my wedding day) all my nails were chipped! I had tried to get a gel mani/ pedi at home literally the day before we left for Mexico, but due to the snow storm we got everything was closed. I would suggest doing this rather than having a regular mani/ pedi done at the spa, unless you do it the day of but even so it will probably chip the next day.

After my spa appointment, we (Joe, myself, our parents, flower girl and ring bearer) had a rehearsal walk through with Janet that I had requested on my detail sheet with my Miami based coordinator (Lynda), and reconfirmed with Janet when we met during our appointment. She did a great job walking us through the process, where we would all stand, where I would be entering from, where everyone walks down, etc. I highly suggest doing this because it put my nerves at ease knowing what I as well as everyone else was supposed to be doing.

The rest of the day Joe and I hung out on the beach together. We took a walk down to Azul Beach and honestly, I did not think the beach was all that ‘better’. We actually went into the bar and ordered drinks, so I peeked around a little bit. From what I saw, I personally like Azul Sensatori much better and I’m glad I decided to stick with it as I was back and forth between the 2 resorts for a while.

We had our welcome dinner at Spoon at 7:30pm. My girlfriend does airbrush makeup and hair, so she brought her entire airbrush kit, and did my hair/ makeup for our welcome dinner (as well as did my makeup for the wedding day). The welcome dinner at Spoon was AWESOME! It totally exceeded my expectations. The room they had sectioned off with the curtain was perfect, and very pretty. I did not bring one single decoration with me for this dinner. When everyone arrived they were served drinks (I believe they were peach Bellini’s, and they were fantastic!) They had a table setup with all the welcome bags. The dinner reservation was for up to 40 people, and was included in the package I purchased. It was a set menu that was actually really cute (it had our names, wedding information and a pretty design on the cover). For the first course, we got to choose from either a Caesar or garden salad. Then, we were served potato leek soup. For the main courses, we could choose filet or chicken. And for desert we got cheesecake. Everything was delicious, and everyone really enjoyed everything. My dad tipped the staff very well, and they brought us all kinds of bottles of wine and even served us chocolate, vanilla and strawberry ice cream. They were so accommodating and just went above and beyond to make everything as wonderful as I could have ever imagined. We handed out our welcome bags at the end and everyone loved their gifts and raved about the dinner! It made me feel so great because I put so much time into everything.

After dinner at spoon, we all headed to the Mojito Lounge. I ended up staying out until about 12:30 then went back to rest up for our big day!!

Saturday, February 8th (WEDDING DAY!!):

Joe and the guys went out scuba diving that morning and into the afternoon. He booked this through the resort and they all had a great time. I thought it was a pretty good idea for the guys to go and do something. He later went into his ‘getting ready’ room that he received with the package we purchased. It really came in handy for him. I hung out in my room ALL day getting ready. I slept in a little bit and got up around 10am, took a shower and dried my hair, as I had an appointment to get my hair done at 12pm. I had the stylist from the spa come to my room and she did a really great job. I asked her to make a few tweaks, and my hair turned out beautiful (I will post pictures of it). Odette called my room around 12:30 to ask if I needed anything – she was very attentive, and I told her I was okay at the moment. At around 1:30pm, Odette came by my room to drop off my bouquet. The bouquet was GORGEOUS! She told me that she would return back 3:55pm to get me (our ceremony started at 4pm). My girlfriend came to my room at 2pm to do my airbrush makeup. My photographer (also one of my girlfriends) came at 2:30pm to start taking pictures of me getting ready.

At exactly 3:55pm, Odette showed up as expected and walked me, as well as my photographer, over to our ceremony site on the beach. I could hear the processional music playing as I waited for my queue and I was really holding back the tears at that point. Once I started walked down the ramp onto the beach I could see the ceremony setup and it literally took my breath away. I ended up getting the ‘Pure Glamour’ package and it was even more stunning in person. I received so many compliments from everyone. Azul did a great job setting everything up, and everything I had requested (cocktails, drinks, my decorations/ signage I brought) was all setup PERFECT!

The minister we had during our ceremony was fantastic. She followed the script I provided the wedding coordinators exactly. The sand ceremony went well and the personnel responsible for the iPod music (I brought my own iPod and playlists) played all my songs on point.

After the ceremony, we had a champagne toast and took a ton of pictures on the beach! We hung around taking pictures for just about an hour and then everyone went up to Zocalo for our cocktail hour on the patio at 5:30pm. I got a complimentary cocktail hour through my travel agency which was for up to 50 people with tray passed hors d’oeuvres and wine/ beer/ soda. I provided my own bows for the cocktail tables as well as beverage napkins and brought my own speaker and iPod. I purchased small centerpieces from Lomas for the cocktail tables and they were really pretty. Everything setup for the cocktail was great! The food was good and I’m pretty certain that guests were able to order mixed drinks too.  Everyone had a great time, and I highly suggest this area for a cocktail party.

The reception started at 6:30pm and as I walked up to Plaza Zavaz it also took my breath away! Everything was setup so beautifully. I brought chair sashes, paper lanterns and string lights. They had a table setup for our guestbook, a bird cage for cards (which I purchased through Lomas), and sandboxes (which I purchased through Lomas) for our place cards, and they transferred our floral arrangements over to this table. I also brought Mr. and Mrs. signs for the back of our chairs. The dinner tables were setup so pretty! I purchased centerpieces through Lomas and they looked beautiful. I hired DJ All Music and they did a great job. The MC met with me briefly along with Odette and reviewed the schedule of events (introductions, dances, speeches, cake cutting, etc.) to make sure everything was correct – which I was happy that she did because I had not timed anything out and just told the MC to follow the typical sequence of events. They did a great job with everything and kept the party going all night! They passed out balloons and glow sticks which everyone LOVED!! For dinner, we had the BBQ Deluxe Buffet and everyone raved about the food. Everyone thought it was the best meal they had the entire time they had been there. The staff was very attentive, and we made sure to tip them well. I ordered a cake and it was beautiful – exactly what I wanted. I didn’t eat any of it, but other guests did and seemed to like it. It was fondant, and our flavors were Oreo, vanilla and red velvet. The bar setup was immense and the bartender (who was from the Mojito Lounge) made really good drinks. The reception was over at 10:30pm and we did a ‘farewell’ with sparklers. Just to point out, if you want to use sparklers make sure to get the big ones! I got the little ones and they burnt out in literally in a split second – it was pretty comical!

After the reception, we all went to the Mojito lounge to continue the party! Joe and I didn’t stay late and I’m glad we didn’t. When we went back to our room, there were rose petals from the doorway all the way over to our Jacuzzi with candles. It was so romantic and I’m glad we got to enjoy it rather than staying out partying all night. It was beautiful and the perfect end to our wedding night.

Sunday, February 9th:

We woke up to our Honeymoon breakfast which was spectacular! We also received this as part of our package, and it was really nice. We spent the day hanging out by the pool and on the beach. We ventured into Cancun that night which was a BLAST! I’m really glad we ended up doing this. It was only a 20-25 minute drive from the hotel and the driver waited for us the entire time. We went to Congo and it was SO much fun!

Monday, February 10th:

Most of our guests were leaving today, including us. We made sure to say bye to everyone we could and then we were off to Secrets Maroma Beach for our honeymoon for another week. And, I will say – Joe and I agree that we would hands down go back to Azul Sensatori again before we go back to Secrets Maroma Beach (although the beach was amazing there!!), but overall it didn’t quite compare to Azul Sensatori J We did our ‘trash the dress’ shoot while we were at Secrets, and I can post pictures of that too in case anyone is interested in that location for a ‘trash the dress’ shoot.

Well, I think that about covers it! I’m sure I left a ton of stuff out but please, PLEASE know that you have nothing to worry about at all! I have been to many resorts and I can honestly say that Azul Sensatori is my favorite. Your wedding day will be absolutely perfect, and everything you ever dreamed of! I did mean to mention that during our meeting with the onsite wedding coordinators we did discuss a ‘back-up’ plan in the event of rain. I was glad to hear that they are handling this better now, as another bride had some mishaps. Luckily, I didn’t have to worry about it as the weather was literally perfect the entire 2 weeks we were there! Let me know if any of you have any questions! Also, just to add… I did not eat at Sienna, Tapaz or Le Chique simply because we didn’t have time. However, based off of what our guests have said – Sienna is okay, Le Chique is okay and Tapaz was really good!

LOVE LOVE LOVED reading your reviews!!!! Makes me so excited! How did you like DJ all music? Did he play all the songs that you wanted? 

Edited by June7BeachBride

@@June7BeachBride

I purchased 50 organza chair sashes from weddinglinensdirect.com and was very happy with them!

DJ All Music was great! They played all the music on the list I provided and kept everyone dancing! They did the introductions, dances and cake cutting songs, etc. perfectly.

• Like 1

@JMK923

your review got me soooooo excited about everything! Do you know how much y'all got charged for scuba diving? that sounds like a great activity for the guys to do while we are primping the way of the wedding.

did you take a cab to cancun or a shuttle or what? how much did that cost?

last question (for now, haha): how did your guests know where to go for the welcome dinner? did you tell them ahead of time the location or did the resort help you with that? We are planning on having a couple events, but i'm not sure how to tell your guests where to go!

@lolita2014

your bouquets look awesome! i love the colors!

@June7BeachBride

I bought some deco mesh at sams around christmas time-- its like this transparent white and gold and silver sparkly mesh stuff that people use to decorate during Christmas time and I think/hope it will look good wrapped around the beach arbor thing. I bought a LOT, but it was on sale so it only cost me like $20 total, and there will probably be enough left over to use for some chair bows too. I saw last week that Hobby lobby has some on super sale with lots of different colors so check that out and see what you think. There are several posts throughout this forum that has the dimensions for the fabric other people used. lots of people bought it on amazon, so i bet if you searched using the keyword "amazon" you could find good info quickly.

-Megan

• Like 2