Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

So....I am still trying to post all the photos, but having some issues. Try this link to see the photos in my gallery. http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/gallery/album/12377-official-azul-sensatori-thread/

• Like 1

BestDestinationWedding.com & Wright Travel Agency are excited to present a wedding webinar for Azul Sensatori.

Gilberto Machain, an Inside Sale Associate and former Wedding Coordinator, will be a panelist and will give a presentation as well as be on hand for a Q & A session.

I will also be a panelist to answer your travel questions about rates, group blocks vs. individual packages, etc.

This is a great opportunity for current Karisma brides and grooms or those considering the venues for the wedding location to get your questions answered. 

Webinar Information and Signup: 

Azul Sensatori Wedding Webinar | Saturday, February 22, 2014 @ 9:00am PST

I am having my reception in the Ocean Ballroom in June.  I had my WC send me photos and pricing for décor. String lights alone start at $800, Sheers $1,500-2,000 and sheers and lights $3,500. And there is an additional expense (I think $500) for a dance floor.  This way over our budget. 

I was already planning to bring table overlays and chair sashes but my WC said they can't quote me a set-up fee until I'm onsite.

Did anyone have or plan to have a ballroom reception? Has anyone seen the ballroom and can give suggestions on how we can save on décor?  Does anyone know what the average set up fee is?

Thanks,

Lola

lola-- i bought a bunch of icicle lights the day after christmas that were on super sale-- i plan on using them at zavaz plaza for my reception, which is the day after your wedding-- you are more than welcome to use them at your reception too-- i'll take a picture of the box when i get home and send it to you so you can decide if you want to use them or not.

Hi Lola,

Murmel has posted pictures of Ocean Ballroom on her Gallery page. My reception is in Zavas Plaza and I am bringing most of the decorations also. My WC said they charge up to $5 per guest with the maximum being about $250. You can buy bolts of sheer organza fabric on Amazon for $20 and LED tea lights 60 for $40. Etsy has paper luminaries and silk flowers that are very reasonable and easy to pack. I agree the resort charges are crazy!

Jenny

Megan, Thank you for the offer. My WC responded that the set up fee for lights and/or sheers in the ballroom would be over $250.  I may not choose to go that route, but thanks again.  Also, I am planning to bring gold table overlays and chair sashes for the reception and fuschia chair sashes and white sheers for the ceremony.  If any these would be useful let me know, as I don't plan to take them back with me.

Jenny, Thanks for the info.  I did see Murmel's photos and they were helpful.  I'll look at some of your suggestions. It looks like we will keep it simple and just dress the tables and add centerpieces. My WC said that the  DJ (Mega DJ) does light up the dancefloor. 

I realize I'm fretting over décor because there are so many options and I'm being budget conscious.. I would love to throw caution to the wind and get one of the Memorable Moments packages, but my dear fiancé might leave me at the alter, LOL.

Once again, thanks for the help ladies.

Lola

Hi Lola,

Totally agree. I just can't afford the Memorable Moments packages. But, I priced out decorating the tables with paper luminary table numbers with LED tea lights and silk pomanders as the centerpiece, satin table runners, 4 small paper luminary tea lights plus some cute painted maracas as favors. For around $40-50/table, it will nice and for me, affordable. I've read about a lot of brides who bring most of their decorations so it is doable. Just keep looking and you will find many cheaper options.

Jenny