Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Stacy, first of all....Congratulations! I am so glad to hear all went well, even with the last minute changes. And thank you for posting the photos. Even without the gazebo, it looks like Zavas will still be a great spot for a reception.

Has anyone sent any boxes prior to your arrival?   I am trying to think of ways to keep the décor budget in check... I just got a quote for Flowers that almost knocked me off my chair!

What are your thoughts in terms of bringing décor down with you?  Or using an alternative florist?

Thanks!  :)

I was strongly advised to not ship anything to the resort ahead of time. It's likely to get held up by Mexican Customs. I am planning to ask several friends to take a bag with them on the plane since a few of us are traveling together and they don't have a lot of luggage. I've seen several posts about using Real Touch flowers to save money but I like the te, natural flowers and plan to pay for them.

I've read a few posts about brides taking some extra old luggage they don't want anymore down and leaving it there.  Another bride on a thread said she just brought big bins.  I guess it depends on how much décor you're bringing.  We'll be bringing ours but it'll only cost $20 per extra checked bag so we should be in good shape.  We're flying with most of our wedding guests so we'll be handing out most of our OOTs to guests at the airport to put into their own luggage before they check their bags.

We'll be bringing our real touch flowers.  I like the idea of keeping my bouquet and guests being able to keep the pomanders.  We'll sell any of the leftover floral centerpieces as long as they're in good condition when we come back.

I ended up bringing 2 big boxes along with an old luggage, this was aside from our 2 luggages of clothes for the two weeks we were going to be down there for. When we came bk I sent back the old luggage with my parents with decor and threw away the other 2 boxes b/c I didn't need them anymore.

Hi June7BeachBride, Our date is June 6, 2014, the day before your's. We have about 45-50 people in Plaza Zavas for the reception. I've booked the DJ without the MC just because I don't want to be bothered trying to figure out a playlist. If you have friends who can bring music on an iPod and work it during the reception, you may want to save some money and just rent the speakers. But, I've read where other brides are very adamant about getting just the right DJ to make the party. Just depends on how you want to party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by June7BeachBride View Post

I am trying to decided on if we should book a DJ for a wedding party of about 30-40 guest... Any thoughts or opinions? 

Thanks in advance! 

We booked the DJ but not the MC as well.  Since the rental comes with a MIC, we figured we could just get a friend to do a few key intros or even do it ourselves. We have 40 guests confirmed and paid for.

Is anyone out there doing a beach reception?  Is the only spot on the beach for a dinner reception the yoga spot?

We hired the DJ and the MC... It's just easier, keeps the party going plus I wanted everyone to enjoy themselves and not have to worry about doing intros and various announcements although I guess it's not really a huge deal! We have 40 people confirmed as well!