Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Has anyone selected their wedding menu yet?  I"m wondering what you've chosen. We thought about getting the group menu #3 but the email we got back from the WC said that all guests would have the exact same meal (appetizer, entree, dessert).  Then the Family Style says "tray passed" but the guests are offered all of the entrees the day of.  Ohh I'm so confused... help.. please?
We're having the BBQ Deluxe Buffet because there's something for everyone, and we added the beef medallions to it. I was looking into the Family Style dinner initially but I feel like the tables would be so crowded between centerpieces, plates, etc. and then the side dishes being on the tables...

We

We're having the BBQ Deluxe Buffet because there's something for everyone, and we added the beef medallions to it. I was looking into the Family Style dinner initially but I feel like the tables would be so crowded between centerpieces, plates, etc. and then the side dishes being on the tables...
We are doing the pick'n'choose, and our two picks are the Filet and Lobster Tail and Roasted Half Chicken, then the Oven Baked Cappelaci as our vegetarian option. The one thing that's super annoying though is that we had to have our guests choose which main course they wanted ahead of time. Also, out of ~60ppl, about 50 chose the 1st, so I'm not super confident we picked the right 2nd option since almost nobody is having it. Hoping its just because a lot of people like Surf'n'Turf, lol. LilPumpkin, Thanks for posting your photos! I know you had major issues with the rain, but I have to say your pictures show none of it. Everyone looks super happy and excited, you can tell that nothing was gonna get that party down. :-) But still, thanks for letting everyone know about your rain experience, I gave almost no thought to a rain plan before reading that, and now, even though I'm crossing my fingers for no rain, at least I feel like I can be prepared and have a Plan B about all the decorations and set up etc.

We're doing the BBQ Deluxe Buffet also and adding salmon fillet. We wanted a lot of variety since we have a very mixed crowd including Baptists, Catholics, Muslims, vegetarians and people who just like to party. It would be too hard to find a meal to suit everyone. Are you getting a wedding cake?

Hi Ladies,

My wedding was at Azul Sensatori on June 25th, 2013. The resort was incredible and our wedding day was perfect.  I just posted a review for them. Here are a few pictures so you have an idea what to expect and to get some of your own ideas flowing.  The planning and not knowing can be stressful. Hope this eases a few of you ladies out there.  If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Lomas rep Janet coming to my room to drop off the bouquets.

Our ceremony at Zocalo Beach. We made butterfly hand fans for our guest. Dropped them off at the wedding department for them to include in the ceremony setup.

Our harpist for the ceremony

The flowers on the chuppah is taken down after the ceremony and used as decoration at the guest signing table and the cake cutting table at the reception.

Champagne after the wedding

Our cake from the resort. We brought the lanterns and lights around the pole down with us to the resort. I shared these decorations with another bride whom I met on this forum.  She made my menu cards. Her wedding was a few day after mine so I just left my decorations for her at the wedding department. This was a great idea so we didn't have to carry so much stuff with us. Everything worked out perfectly. 

Looks dark here but the reception area is pretty well lit as dinner was being served.

It was still hot at night so my guest decided to have a dip in the pool

Kaya - That sounds delicious! I LOVE surf and turf and it sounds like your guests do too!! I don't think you can go wrong with chicken I would have picked the same thing. Jenny - We have a variety of guests as well so the buffet was a safe bet... And not to mention stress free! Yes, I decided to get a 3 tier cake even though I've heard mixed reviews. Some brides said theirs tasted really good and others didn't care for it. However, I saw with the new memorable moments collection they introduced new flavors! So I'm doing a different flavor in each tier - red velvet (which I love), vanilla and Oreo. Regardless of the taste, I more or less wanted a cake for pictures and so that we could do the traditional cake cutting. Lil Pumpkin - your pictures turned out beautiful!!!

Kaya - That sounds delicious! I LOVE surf and turf and it sounds like your guests do too!! I don't think you can go wrong with chicken I would have picked the same thing. Jenny - We have a variety of guests as well so the buffet was a safe bet... And not to mention stress free! Yes, I decided to get a 3 tier cake even though I've heard mixed reviews. Some brides said theirs tasted really good and others didn't care for it. However, I saw with the new memorable moments collection they introduced new flavors! So I'm doing a different flavor in each tier - red velvet (which I love), vanilla and Oreo. Regardless of the taste, I more or less wanted a cake for pictures and so that we could do the traditional cake cutting. Lil Pumpkin - your pictures turned out beautiful!!!
Wow, all those new options with their new packages! May be a good thing it's too late to start changing my mind on anything, lol When we went down for our site visit in February, the cake was the one thing we really did not like at the tasting (all the other food at the tasting AND EVERYWHERE AT THE RESORT was delish)... But, we only had vanilla, chocolate and strawberry, none of those other options... I really care about the cake more for pictures than anything, but also didn't want to wasted hundreds of $'s on something that tasted like cardboard, so we requested to have a tres leches wedding cake (it's always good no matter where you get it, and it's got some sentimental value for us, too)... We will see how it works out... I'm not too worried though, there's other desert if the cake disappoints, lol (we chose the bittersweet chocolate mousse and mango creme brûlée from the pick n choose, so if that's not variety, I don't know what is, lol). Bubblez - thanks for sharing your pictures, our reception is at the same place :-) also, genius idea about sharing decorations, I so wish I thought of it! I'm bringing down A TON of stuff, wish I could have shared it with someone whose wedding is soon after mine! Super smart.

Quick question for past brides - Did any of you use the sky deck for your wedding location -  if so, what was the video relay like? i haven't really heard much on this other than the sound didn't work? which makes me think its just tapping into a security camera or something?

Any experience with this is appreciated!