Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

So, seeing the great wedding videos brings me to my videography dilemma. Has anyone had their wedding video done by either Caribe or Matias Cano? We have an outside photographer, and he doesn't work with anyone for video, so I guess I just need to pick one or the other (of the two approved video vendors for Azul Sensatori), but wanted to know about any negative/positive experiences...

Also, I'm not sure what sort of coverage we would need. One of my biggest concerns is that our ceremony is at 3:30, and reception starts at 6pm. We don't really want a long video, definitely don't think anything over an hour.

Obviously we'd like the ceremony covered, other than that I'd say our priority list is:

2. The first dance.

3. Bridal Party Entrance

4. Getting ready (bride)
5. Getting ready (groom)

6. Father/Daughter Dance 7. Mother/Son Dance 8. Speeches

9. Mariachi Band at the very end of cocktail hour/beginning of reception

10. Photo session after ceremony

So, there's time in the beginning, then nothing much, and then time two hours later. What does that mean for us as far as how many hours of coverage we would need?  Would you get that whole time (our hair and makeup is supposed to be all done by 2pm, so say 1 to 7pm?), which is like 6 hours, and sort of more than I have budgeted for video... Is there any other solution? Has anyone had this dilemma?

hey Kayawastaken! 

Finding a videographer is not easy...especially when you are only given 2 choices! We are using Sarani from Sarani Weddings....while she is not an "approved vendor", she is fabulous, reasonable, and does a TON of Karisma properties! Check out her website saraniweddings.com Her videos are AMAZING!! Let her know your budget and she will work with you on price - she knows that you have to pay the $800 outside fee- and will work with you. 

The coolest thing she does is a shorter video that you can share with friends and family easily - it captures the whole day in a song - of your choice of course!(those are the examples you see on her sight) and then she gives you a longer video of the rest of the footage! The video and photography is one of the most important things to me... she is a true artist and captures things so uniquely! 

We are doing the 6 hour package - end of getting ready through middle of reception. Most videographers will only do continuous coverage - so check with the one you choose before you decide on a package. I just tried to find the time frame that most things will be happening. Like you, I'm just hoping I'm right! 

Hope that helps! Happy planning! 

-K

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsing12 View Post

hey Kayawastaken! 

Finding a videographer is not easy...especially when you are only given 2 choices! We are using Sarani from Sarani Weddings....while she is not an "approved vendor", she is fabulous, reasonable, and does a TON of Karisma properties! Check out her website saraniweddings.com Her videos are AMAZING!! Let her know your budget and she will work with you on price - she knows that you have to pay the $800 outside fee- and will work with you. 

The coolest thing she does is a shorter video that you can share with friends and family easily - it captures the whole day in a song - of your choice of course!(those are the examples you see on her sight) and then she gives you a longer video of the rest of the footage! The video and photography is one of the most important things to me... she is a true artist and captures things so uniquely! 

We are doing the 6 hour package - end of getting ready through middle of reception. Most videographers will only do continuous coverage - so check with the one you choose before you decide on a package. I just tried to find the time frame that most things will be happening. Like you, I'm just hoping I'm right! 

Hope that helps! Happy planning! 

-K

Hi Kimsing12,

Thanks for the recommendation. We actually saw Sarani Video on our site visit back in Februaru, when we went to "orientation" at one of the other Karisma properties, and thought they were an approved vendor. It was not a great surprise to find out they're not! I just reached out to them to see if they're in the budget ballpark... I actually remember really liking their video...

Hey Ladies!

I have some family members who weren't planning on attending the wedding but are now beginning to feel left out. They're looking to book their trips however the rates at Sensatori are just way too high so they are considering staying at the resort next door, Secrets Silversands.

I know there is a day pass that guests usually have to purchase if they are not staying on the resort (for all the other days except the wedding day), but my logic is that they could just walk onto the resort from the beach since Silversands shares the beach with Sensatori. That way they don't have to come in through the front gates at the resort.

Have any of you inquired about this or had guests that did the same thing? Did you run into any problems with security or hotel staff turning them away?

Hello Kayawastaken,   Your wedding moments can't be re-done for pictures or video…remember your it will be your wedding once in a lifetime event that you want to be able to remember always…wedding memories are captured for you forever… this is the thing you should invest more, as flowers. cake, food, even dress will be used once and then what you get... what you KEEP from this day is the joy and feelings captured by a professional wedding videographer…. We can also offer a highlight (the following videos are an example of them) take a look at them and let me know what do you think. 
:mswink:

vimeo_logo.png

vimeo_logo.png

vimeo_logo.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystique517 View Post

Hey Ladies!

I have some family members who weren't planning on attending the wedding but are now beginning to feel left out. They're looking to book their trips however the rates at Sensatori are just way too high so they are considering staying at the resort next door, Secrets Silversands.

I know there is a day pass that guests usually have to purchase if they are not staying on the resort (for all the other days except the wedding day), but my logic is that they could just walk onto the resort from the beach since Silversands shares the beach with Sensatori. That way they don't have to come in through the front gates at the resort.

Have any of you inquired about this or had guests that did the same thing? Did you run into any problems with security or hotel staff turning them away?

We have stayed at Secrets Silversands for the past 3 years. It is a lovely resort and consistently gets higher review ratings than Azul Sensatori. One of the reasons we chose AS was because it is close to Silversands and we will be spending our honeymoon there. But, AS is 'child friendly' and Silversands is adults only. I have walked down the beach from Silversands past AS several times. I am not sure but I believe AS security checks to make sure people from other resorts do not actually come onto the property. Good luck.