Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Originally Posted by april9639 View Post

Also, did you tip the bartenders at your reception? I now this has been discussed a lot but I'm still trying to figure out how much cash to bring

Hi april9639.  I got married May 27th and fretted a lot about cash and tipping.

I did not tip the event staff the night of the wedding since that was specifically stated to be included in my package price. I did tip the two wedding coordinators Janet ($20) and Antonio ($10) though. My bridal party and I (4 of us in total) got our make-up done at the spa, and I tipped each lady $5. They did a beautiful job, and were very, very kind. I wish I would have tipped more, but I was almost out of cash at this point.

My husband and I also got massages at the spa, and since they were the best massages of our life, we tipped each masseuse $20.

Also if it helps, we left $20 for our room attendant at the end of the week, and paid about $100 in tips to bartenders and food servers throughout the week at the pool bars and restaurants.

Certainly do what feels right to you. Hope this helps :)

Hi everyone!  This may be more helpful to new brides just getting started in the planning process, but I've started a thread that includes my cost breakdowns. When I was planning, I really struggled to set a budget since all costs seem to vary. Please keep in mind that my expenses were fairly high for two reasons:

1. We had 104 people travel to Mexico with us.

2. I included every single cost that had anything to do with the wedding in my budget.

I'll include more information once I have pictures to go along with it. Until then, if you have questions, please let me know. Otherwise, here's the thread:

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/86529/budget-and-planning-thread-azul-sensatori

Hope it helps :)

Sorry forgot to add the vendor meal is $9
Just an FYI, the vendor meal is only for approved vendors like caribe photography. Any of the outside vendors need to be added to the head count and select from your wedding menu choices. My wc just advised me of this. :-(

Originally Posted by TaraHall View Post

I was just recommended this resort from a travel agent. I can't wait to see pictures. We are trying to decide this week on which resort, so we can get things rolling! Thank you for sharing!

Welcome to the forum! Try the Official thread for photos and more details on the hotel. There are quite a few links for wedding photos in there as well. http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/84306/official-azul-sensatori-thread

Originally Posted by TaraHall View Post

Hello Azul Brides,

How would you describe the night scene at Azul Sensatori?

Overall, it is fairly quiet. Please remember it is a family resort, and hence many people have children and head to bed early.

There is a live show every night around 830-9pm (this includes acrobats, music, dancing, etc.). Once the live show finishes (about an hour) there is a live band at the Mojioto lounge that plays til about 1am. They are always fun, and there dance floor right by the band. The teen's club technically becomes a dance club...but this is really only fun if you travel with a large group and sort take over the space :)

Hello Everyone!!

My wedding is booked for December 15, 2013 at the Azul Sensatori. This is forum is amazing!

Anyone else getting hitched around that time?

Any tips that can be shared?

Also wanted to ask if anyone had visited Sam's Club, Wal-mart or Costco in the area? As, we are really thinking of doing most of the decorations ourselves :)

Also if anyone has worked with an outside florist?

Thanks so much!

Sneha

Originally Posted by snehadhanani View Post

Hello Everyone!!

My wedding is booked for December 15, 2013 at the Azul Sensatori. This is forum is amazing!

Anyone else getting hitched around that time?

Any tips that can be shared?

Also wanted to ask if anyone had visited Sam's Club, Wal-mart or Costco in the area? As, we are really thinking of doing most of the decorations ourselves :)

Also if anyone has worked with an outside florist?

Welcome! We have used the Wal-Mart in Cancun for certain items. But they will not always have the same selection of items you see at home. Be prepared to be flexible with your ideas because of this.

If you want to use an outside florist you will have to pay the $800 outside vendor fee, and make sure they are approved first to be allowed onto the resort property. So I don't know if the cost is worth it. There is a very large selection of flowers and prices even through Lomas that you should be able to find something that works for you. I know many girls have done Real touch flowers and just brought them along in their luggage which seems to work out very well.

For tips, and other helpful information read up on the Official thread: http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/84306/official-azul-sensatori-thread

Originally Posted by MMK0386 View Post

I leave in 5 days for Azul, and we will be married in 11 days and I'm soooo excited!! I just want to thank all the wonderful ladies on the thread for all your help and advice. I could not have done it without you all!!!

So exciting Megan congratulations and have the best time!!

Hi ladies!

I finally got our passport invitations in and wanted to share with everyone. These were made by a vendor I found on Etsy called Allurements by Rebecca. She is absolutely amazing. I plan on sending out invitations in mid July with an RSVP date of October 1st (giving guests about 2 and a half months to respond). Hope you all like them! Let me know if you would like any information on the vendor.

Jenny - special thanks to you for sharing your invitations and giving me some ideas!

• Like 1

Hey ladies, I know I have asked before but I didn't receive many responses. I'm really debating over what to do for a D.J. I have heard a lot about Doremixx but would love to avoid the outside vendor fee. My fiancée is big into music and will be putting together all the songs to be played at out wedding so I was thinking of just going with D.J. Allmusic. Any thoughts? I can't find any reviews of him anywhere on this site. Any info would be greatly appreciated!! Also has anyone used an outside vendor for flowers?