Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Megan, My wedding is a few days after yours!!! I am also working on my ceremony and am wondering how long you think yours will take? Im trying to figure out how long or short to make it. I want to keep mine around 20 min and am trying to figure out how to do that.

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

Welcome to the forum Lindsay! welcome.gifI am sure you have done lots of reading already, but check out the official thread http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/84306/official-azul-sensatori-thread . There are lots of ideas, and extra info to help you plan your big day.

Unfortunately Karisma/Lomas can seem very expensive, but take a deep breath and think about what you really what your wedding to be. Sometimes you may find there are lots of items in the package that you don't need, and can go with a less expensive package, and just add on the details you want. And like Jenny said, the majority of us brides, did lots of DIY projects or brought things down with us to reduce our budgets and add the details!

As for the recent changes regarding the DJ. I wish someone could confirm with a WC that this is true or not. When you get assigned to your WC, ask them. It never hurts to ask!

Also, if you have not booked yet, or don't have a travel agent I would highly recommend a GI certified agent. Right now Wright Travel is even offering a bridal dress rehearsal package for you to visit the resort and see all the beauty yourself! Here's the link: http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/a/wright-travel-agency-and-karisma-hotels-brides-dress-rehearsal

Best of luck with your planning! And if you need any info or advice- we're all here for you!

Jenny- I love the different detail work on each jar. Makes it look very romantic!

Thanks Murmel! Wish i would have known about Wright Travel, although it is sorta handy having a TA in my city. I'm thinking I'll have to do a few DIY projects and bring my own decorations b/c $150 to rent a sheer piece of fabric for the gazebo is outrageous!! I'm just worried about having to bring all the decorations, etc with me. As for the DJ, i asked my WC and she told me they don't allow any outside DJs. Not quite sure why b/c they're still making $800 by us paying the outside vendor fee. Maybe they have a contract with Lomus now though, who knows. I think i will call the resort to find out. Thanks so much for all your help on here :) 

Originally Posted by Tara Steve View Post

Hey Lins1!!!!  I would love to chat with you:)  it would be really nice to be able to share some stuff.  My email is spirittf6@aol.com  Please feel free to email me so we can get talking.  Im sure I have lots of questions and or answers to some of your questions.  I have been on this site since November last year and it has been extremely helpful:)  Looking forward to hearing from you.

Awesome! Will be sending you an email shortly :)

Originally Posted by GinaP View Post

Hey girls! I had my wedding two weeks ago! Everything went perfect!!! It was better than I,could ever imagine! My photographer Dean Sanderson was AMAZING! I highly recommend him! I will post pictures when I get them. Let me know if any future brides have any questions!

Hi! Congrats on your wedding! Do you have any pics? I'm considering using Dean Sanderson, Ivan Luckie, or just bringing my own from home. It is cheaper to bring my own from home but i like the idea of using a mexican photog b/c they know the area and the trash the dress pics look unreal!! Was Dean worth the price?

Originally Posted by birdie1119 View Post

Hello Ladies...Is anyone here having an event on Saturday June 22nd? I keep getting told by my WC that the hotel is completely booked and there are multiple events happening the day of my wedding which will not allow me to do certain things however I have not seen or heard anyone else on this day : ( 

Ah I feel your pain I feel your pain! My FI and I are not trying to be cheap but our guests list has grown to 80 people so the $2 a person up charge on things really does add up! I feel like I should have taken a prior brides advice and had everything in writing before I booked myself and my guests so they could not do this now when we are only a few months away!!

I will be doing Purples too!!! I wish our days were slightly closer I could leave you all of our purple decor! 

We have 80 ppl as well! What is there a $2 a person up charge for?

Hey girls! I'm having a hard time deciding on a photographer. I'm undecided between Dean Sanderson, Ivan Luckie, or bringing my own from home. Believe it or not, it's actually quite a bit cheaper to bring my own from home. Our ceremony is at 1pm & I want the photog to be there when we're getting ready up until the beginning of the dances, so it would be 10+ hrs of coverage, which is quite pricey. I also really want to do a trash the dress session and am leaning more towards using Dean or Ivan for this reason. They're underwater pics look amazing.Does anyone have any recommendations on using Dean or Ivan?

Originally Posted by Lins1 View Post

Hey girls! I'm having a hard time deciding on a photographer. I'm undecided between Dean Sanderson, Ivan Luckie, or bringing my own from home. Believe it or not, it's actually quite a bit cheaper to bring my own from home. Our ceremony is at 1pm & I want the photog to be there when we're getting ready up until the beginning of the dances, so it would be 10+ hrs of coverage, which is quite pricey. I also really want to do a trash the dress session and am leaning more towards using Dean or Ivan for this reason. They're underwater pics look amazing.Does anyone have any recommendations on using Dean or Ivan?

Hi Lins1,

I was debating between Dean and Ivan as well and ended up choosing Ivan. He offered some better pricing for the same number of hours + TTD session in a cenote (where they do the underwater photography). I also did some research on the rankings of photographers in the area and Ivan was ranked #6. I don't recall where Dean was ranked, but I don't believe he was in the top 10.

If you have your own photographer, I would definitely recommend you using them for your wedding day and then perhaps hiring Ivan or Dean for just the TTD.

Hope that helps!

Megan, My wedding is a few days after yours!!! I am also working on my ceremony and am wondering how long you think yours will take? Im trying to figure out how long or short to make it. I want to keep mine around 20 min and am trying to figure out how to do that.
I do feel like mine will be on the longer side (at least 20 minutes) but I'm ok with that. I don't want to just barely walk down the aisle and it's done, ya know? I'm thinking I'll "practice" it tonight in my head and time it. I'll let you know what I come up with.

Originally Posted by MMK0386 View Post

I do feel like mine will be on the longer side (at least 20 minutes) but I'm ok with that. I don't want to just barely walk down the aisle and it's done, ya know? I'm thinking I'll "practice" it tonight in my head and time it. I'll let you know what I come up with.

Thanks!! I agree I def. want there to be some substance to the ceremony, but we are kinda crunched on time since the wedding is at 6:00pm and sunset is at 7:30....I'm nervous about having enough time for photos. What are you planning on doing about a rehearsal since we technically don't have one? I wasn't worried about not having on at first but now that its closer I am starting to get a little nervous having people not really knowing what to expect. This is one of the reasons I want to do what you are doing and create my ceremony step by step so we at least know ahead of time since we wont be meeting with the minister.....any other suggestions would be helpful!!! I also don't want to show everyone the "script" because I want it to be a surprise.

Thanks!! I agree I def. want there to be some substance to the ceremony, but we are kinda crunched on time since the wedding is at 6:00pm and sunset is at 7:30....I'm nervous about having enough time for photos. What are you planning on doing about a rehearsal since we technically don't have one? I wasn't worried about not having on at first but now that its closer I am starting to get a little nervous having people not really knowing what to expect. This is one of the reasons I want to do what you are doing and create my ceremony step by step so we at least know ahead of time since we wont be meeting with the minister.....any other suggestions would be helpful!!! I also don't want to show everyone the "script" because I want it to be a surprise.
I requested a rehearsal an that is listed on my detail sheet. If they don't give me a for-real obe, I am still going to do my own with the wedding party before we go have the rehearsal dinner. I just feel like everyone will be so lost otherwise. I don't understand how people would know where to stand, etc.