Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Originally Posted by MK0386 View Post

We are doing the BBQ Deluxe and I have heard it is absolutely delicious! Honestly, I have heard that all the food is great! I'm excited to find out for myself bc the last time I went to an all inclusive resort (RIU Ochos Rios) I wasn't that impressed. Now, I was there for Spring Break lol so I wasn't really too concerned about food. For my wedding, though... I care a bit more.

MK0386 Thank you for your response. I will look forward to your review after the Big Day... I have stayed at a Gourmet all-inclusive in Riviera Maya and normally the food is Great. But I have read hours of this thread and never saw a mention of the BBQ but haven't read them 100% YET. LOL I too normally would not stress over food but yes it is Our Wedding(s) woot.gif

Originally Posted by Kingz85 View Post

Hi everyone!

I have booked our wedding for April 9, 2014. 

Can anyone tell me the average cost for a wedding here? Lots of choices and add on's!!

Thank you!

Welcome to the forum! It's really hard to say what the average wedding costs....it so depends on how large your group is, and what you want to do.

Take a look at the Official forum to get some ideas of what packages and add on are available. http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/84306/official-azul-sensatori-thread

Hi! I'm curious if anyone is having a cocktail party after their ceremony, or if they have anything scheduled in between the ceremony and reception? Is anyone having food served, or just drinks? I'm up in the air about having one since our guest list is pretty large - we're inviting 190 friends and family. Although, we expect about half to attend... But it's still a pretty big destination wedding! Anyways, I'm trying to be conscious about spending as much as possible and thinking about eliminating the cocktail party or having an alternative. Typically, I feel a cocktail party is required at a wedding but since this is a destination I figured I'd ask. What's everyone else doing? Any ideas?! Have any past brides had a cocktail party and really liked it?!

Originally Posted by JMK923 View Post

Hi! I'm curious if anyone is having a cocktail party after their ceremony, or if they have anything scheduled in between the ceremony and reception? Is anyone having food served, or just drinks? I'm up in the air about having one since our guest list is pretty large - we're inviting 190 friends and family. Although, we expect about half to attend... But it's still a pretty big destination wedding! Anyways, I'm trying to be conscious about spending as much as possible and thinking about eliminating the cocktail party or having an alternative. Typically, I feel a cocktail party is required at a wedding but since this is a destination I figured I'd ask. What's everyone else doing? Any ideas?! Have any past brides had a cocktail party and really liked it?!

I am having one but it was included in my package somehow.. I forget how. I think it's bc when I booked the special was 20% off private event Food and Bev and free cocktail party.... However... currently Karisma is running an Unlimited Free Private Events special for brides that book after November 2012. Maybe you qualify for that??... 

That is a lot of ppl and the costs do add up, so I totally understand what you mean! I think if you intend to be able to pictures after the ceremony you kind of need to have one so your guests have something to do, but if you do your pictures ahead of time then everyone can just head to the reception together! This of course, would require you to have your FI see you before the ceremony so that pics are done. 

Hi! I didn't even think about an assistant for the DJ! I am also having DJ Doremixx and I booked him for three nights. Is this going to be a problem? Do I have to pay a vendor fee for assistant? Ahh! I'm supposed to make my final,payment today, now I don't know what to do! Thanks for any feedback!

I would skip the cocktail hour between ceremony and reception...its an all inclusive resort...your guests can get a drink immediately following the reception without ANY extra cost to you!  Also, if your travel agent is a GI consultant you can get a free cocktail hour, but it's only for 40 people and its only beer, wine and one signature drink (that they make a limited number of).  I only had 37 guests and a simple wedding though, but that's my opinion :)  

oh yeah...we had a cocktail party, but used it as a welcome party....we did have some small appetizers served.  It was the free one for using a GI travel agent.  It was GREAT!  I would recommend it, but I don't know that it's required between ceremony and reception.  Like I said....bars everywhere, with free drinks :)