Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Originally Posted by phsexxy View Post

Ladies,

If your reception is semi-private but it is going to be at plaza zavas can you still have a ipod rental and how long is the semi-private event? Do you decorate as well?

My reception is at plaza zavaz but I'm fairly certain that's considered "private." What makes your "semi-private?" I am decorating it, but we are having a DJ. I think a recent bride just had her reception there, though, with the iPod dock only. Check back through the forum bc I know other girls have talked about this recently. 

The semi-private is what is offered in the free package, which consists of dinenr with a fixed menu. This is the wording in the free package "Dinner reservations for wedding group (*restaurant and group size varies by hotel) ". So whatever that means.. I guess Im going to have to ask.

The semi-private is what is offered in the free package, which consists of dinenr with a fixed menu. This is the wording in the free package "Dinner reservations for wedding group (*restaurant and group size varies by hotel) ". So whatever that means.. I guess Im going to have to ask.

OOh i see! Yes, I am actually doing the free sweet package as well. I am having the free semi private event at Spoon as my Welcome Dinner. I was under the impression that the free semi-private event had to be at Spoon or maybe one other choice of restaurant. My reception which is at Plaza Zavaz, we are paying for. :)

Originally Posted by MK0386 View Post

OOh i see! Yes, I am actually doing the free sweet package as well. I am having the free semi private event at Spoon as my Welcome Dinner. I was under the impression that the free semi-private event had to be at Spoon or maybe one other choice of restaurant. My reception which is at Plaza Zavaz, we are paying for. :)

do you mind me asking if you are bringing your own decorations or are you getting them from lomas?

Originally Posted by Jess878 View Post

Does anyone know if you book the 3 nights for a photographer, and they bring an asst do you need to book them as well? B/C then that works out more than the $800 vendor fee.  My photographer is bringing a 2nd photographer and I was getting ready to book the room when i thought about the assistant.  I guess this is how they get you b/c 2ppl works out more than the $800 vendor fee. So then that would apply to the dj as well... Thats suxs!!! Any of the previous brides have experience with this?

Please help.

Originally Posted by MK0386 View Post

We must literally be on the same wavelength bc I just had the SAME thought. I just emailed my DJ and Photographer to ask them what 3 nights the prefer and that's when I thought of it. I'm fairly certain my photographer is coming solo and I'm going to check on my DJ right now. Errr...... wasted money drives me craazzzzzyyy!

So I heard back from my WC and she said they would both need to be booked so thats a bummer b/c that works out more than the vendor fee for me.  Lets hope the dj comes solo if no that really stinks!

Originally Posted by MK0386 View PostI'm pretty sure what AllieH says above is correct. I don't want a Catholic ceremony- we are Protestant. I just want to do the legal ceremony but with some mention of God, and a prayer here and there and some other readings, etc, The legal script is awful and very impersonal.

Even though the legel ceremony has a set script, if you let your WC know, you can usually add something at the end-ie. personal vows, a scripture reading, etc.

Ladies,

If your reception is semi-private but it is going to be at plaza zavas can you still have a ipod rental and how long is the semi-private event? Do you decorate as well?

The semi-private dinner is ONLY available to be held in Spoon restaurant. They pull a heavy curtain across a section of the restaurant and you end up in a fairly quiet little corner. As well you are provided with your own waiters (maximum 40 people. Above that number there is an additional charge)

The one other option is to use this 'dinner event' as a brunch or lunch; in which case they can offer other restaurants. (we used ours as a brunch at Zavas restaurant).

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

Even though the legel ceremony has a set script, if you let your WC know, you can usually add something at the end-ie. personal vows, a scripture reading, etc.

The semi-private dinner is ONLY available to be held in Spoon restaurant. They pull a heavy curtain across a section of the restaurant and you end up in a fairly quiet little corner. As well you are provided with your own waiters (maximum 40 people. Above that number there is an additional charge)

The one other option is to use this 'dinner event' as a brunch or lunch; in which case they can offer other restaurants. (we used ours as a brunch at Zavas restaurant).

We had the semi-private dinner for our reception at Spoon.  It was FABULOUS!!!  I brought runners for the tables, vases for flowers, a cake stand, and our guest book so the decoration was VERY simple, but for FREE it was amazing.  (and we weren't charged anything for the set up of our simple decor either) Really even if it wasn't free it was amazing!  The food (set menu) was phenomenal, very delicious.  We had a fancy ceasar salad, potato leek soup (I could eat a huge bowl of this right now), a choice of steak or chicken served with different sides, and cheesecake for dessert.  This was by FAR the BEST meal we had while at the resort, and it didn't cost a penny extra.  We had 8-10 servers just for our party (37 people) and were taken care of VERY well.  There was always someone there folding your napkin if you got up, pulling your chair out to sit down, they paid attention to all of the small details.  I cannot say enough about the semi-private meal at Spoon!!!  

This means you get a dinner at Spoons for 40. You canot use an iPod or have any decorations with this.

Originally Posted by kathryn83 View Post

This means you get a dinner at Spoons for 40. You canot use an iPod or have any decorations with this.

The maximum number of "free" guests included with the wedding package dinner is 40.(again be sure to confirm your wedding package includes this) If you have more guests there is additional charge per person.

At Spoon, you are not allowed to use an Ipod because of your proximity to other hotel guests. You are however welcome to bring your own decorations. Just be aware they cannot hang any decorations. So you are limited to table decor mostly.