Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Originally Posted by JennyBenz View Post

Hi Murmel!

Question- So for customs, only gifts we have to claim, such as favors?? What about all decorations, do those have to be claimed too?

Thanks!

Jennifer

My understanding is you need to have reciepts for gifts (ie. OOT bag items, bridal party gifts, favours). Stuff that you will not be taking home with you, or will be leaving in Mexico. Depending on how much stuff you are bringing down (especially if you have a lot of the same items) they may ask to see reciepts for decorations (this is merely because they don't want you to be bringing stuff into the country with the intention to sell the items)

For the most part, most brides don't even get asked. But it's better to be prepared, just incase your luggage gets searched.

Hope that helps. If you have gifts for your bridal party- another option is to give the gifts to them ahead of time and have them bring them down themselves (plus they don't have to claim it then, since it's theirs-not a gift!)

Perfect thanks so much murmel =)

I was actually planning on giving the wedding party their gifts before we head down there, as you mentioned.

My only concern now is if JetBlue will allow me to take both my wedding dresses onboard the plane =O

One is a fitted gown, so it can be folded and put into my carry-on if anything; but my other one is very big [lots of layers] Do you think I will have a problem? If I put the two dresses in one garment bag, will they still let me bring that on board + a carry-on?

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

My understanding is you need to have reciepts for gifts (ie. OOT bag items, bridal party gifts, favours). Stuff that you will not be taking home with you, or will be leaving in Mexico. Depending on how much stuff you are bringing down (especially if you have a lot of the same items) they may ask to see reciepts for decorations (this is merely because they don't want you to be bringing stuff into the country with the intention to sell the items)

For the most part, most brides don't even get asked. But it's better to be prepared, just incase your luggage gets searched.

Hope that helps. If you have gifts for your bridal party- another option is to give the gifts to them ahead of time and have them bring them down themselves (plus they don't have to claim it then, since it's theirs-not a gift!)

You're most welcome!! We're all here to help anytime :)

I know if I were in your position I'd want all the advice & help I could get!

Hope it works out, keep us posted!

Hi Jenny!

Did you have a chance to check out Zocalo Alfresco and Plaza Zavas while you were at the Azul? Which did you like better? Are they truly private areas? Is there any other location that you think would be good for a private dinner and reception?

The pictures they have make it really hard to tell much of anything and I'm trying to solidify my dinner and reception location.

Also, was there any places you saw that would be good for the cocktail hour before dinner?

Thanks for your input!! :)

Hi Brides!

I'm so excited that I stumbled upon this forum! I recently booked my DW at the Azul Sensatori for November 24, 2013 and I'm SO excited!!

I'm currently in the midst of picking a venue for the reception. So far I really like Zocalo Al Fresco but can't find too many pictures. From the ones I've seen, it looks a bit narrow - barely enough room for a dancefloor.

Can anyone comment?

Customs went through my stuff. They just kind of shuffled it around. I had all the receipts (not very well organized). Every time they asked me about the price it took me a minute to find the receipt. The receipts they asked for were mainly the big items...like the 30 pashminas or 100 tea lights I had. I think they got sick of waiting for me to look for receipts that they just let me through.

Hi Murmel!

Question- So for customs, only gifts we have to claim, such as favors?? What about all decorations, do those have to be claimed too?

Thanks!

Jennifer

Hello ladies, By any chance does anyone have Erika Torres as their WC? I've emailed her twice and haven't received a response. Just wondering if she's had any interaction with anyone else. Thanks...
I have Erika. She responded to me last week once and said wedding season is in full swing so I'm assuming she is busy. I emailed her today and am waiting to hear back. I'll let you know when I hear back. She usually takes a couple days.

Originally Posted by mystique517 View Post

Hi Brides!

I'm so excited that I stumbled upon this forum! I recently booked my DW at the Azul Sensatori for November 24, 2013 and I'm SO excited!!

I'm currently in the midst of picking a venue for the reception. So far I really like Zocalo Al Fresco but can't find too many pictures. From the ones I've seen, it looks a bit narrow - barely enough room for a dancefloor.

Can anyone comment?

Welcome to the forum!!!

I don't have any pictures to share with you, but I am having my reception at Zocalo Al Fresco in 2 weeks from tomorrow, so when I get back I will let you know.  How many guests are you expecting?

Originally Posted by Jess878 View Post

Hello ladies,

By any chance does anyone have Erika Torres as their WC? I've emailed her twice and haven't received a response. Just wondering if she's had any interaction with anyone else.

Thanks...

I had Erika as my WC- sometimes it took up to a week to hear back from her earlier in the planning process but in the last 2 months, I'd usually hear back from her within the day.  So don't worry, contact improves as you get closer to your date!

So ladies, I have finally gotten around to trying to compile all the basic info about the Sensatori. (including photos of the wedding sites, etc.) Please take a look and see what you think, and if there's anything I'm missing or if you have more update info, please let me know so I can update it. As well I will keep the Bride Roll call up to date on the thread!

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/84306/official-azul-sensatori-thread

Hope this helps all the brides and our new comers! welcome.gif

Quote:

Perfect thanks so much murmel =)

I was actually planning on giving the wedding party their gifts before we head down there, as you mentioned.

My only concern now is if JetBlue will allow me to take both my wedding dresses onboard the plane =O

One is a fitted gown, so it can be folded and put into my carry-on if anything; but my other one is very big [lots of layers] Do you think I will have a problem? If I put the two dresses in one garment bag, will they still let me bring that on board + a carry-on?

Thanks!

I think most airlines are quite accommodating to brides, but they usually only have the overhead bins to store things. So be prepared to have to fold your dresses in half and squeeze them in. (sorry) I think putting them both into one garment bag will be helpful, plus only one thing to concentrate on. I would try boarding the plane as soon as possible to try and get an overhead bin for yourself....and if you're really lucky you can check with the flight crew if they have a closet where they can hang it. (but don't count on this...there are very few planes with closets now a days.)

Originally Posted by tkuzma View Post

Any updates on the bridesmaid dress?