Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

You can view the recent photos on the right side.

Hello ladies. Is their anyway i can just view all pictures posted on here to get some ideas as im all new to planning hehe xx

HI Ladies,

Congratulations to all of you! I know this is an exciting time :) I was married at Azul Sensatori two years ago and I still fall in love every time I look at my pictures lol I decided to jump back on  BDW bc I am cleaning out my house and still have a bunch of wedding stuff to get rid of... If anyone happens to be interested in chair sashes, maracas, etc. check out the link (free shipping!!)

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/83880/hot-pink-chair-bows-table-overlays-and-maracas-for-sale-free-shipping

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/83881/natural-touch-orchid-boutonniere-and-cake-cutting-set-for-sale-free-shipping

I also wanted to post a a link to my wedding pictures of the resort and a TTD session for future brides msnwink.gif Also there's a seven minute highlight video link, I think it's in my signature. It'll capture a bit better the set up and view of the resort.. a little.

Wedding: http://vidacarson.com/blog/?p=1188

TTD day after session: http://vidacarson.com/blog/?p=1259

I'll be hanging around the site for the next few weeks trying to get rid of stuff so feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Congrats again ladies and Happy Planning!!!

Are you looking for stock or custom work? 

A couple of stock sites I loved when I was looking is Wedding Paper Divas, and another is Minted.com. Many of the photo printing sites (think Shutterfly, 123print.com, vistaprint, etc) have STD designs too. 

If you can't find exactly what you're looking for, check out etsy for custom work. Most of them will design what you want, and then send you the electronic file. You can use vistaprint or another site to print them out. 

Originally Posted by Azulbride2014 View Post

Thanks hun,

Could I ask..Does anyone know any websites where I can order 'save the date' invites..looking for pinks, greens oranges..xx

Originally Posted by JennyBenz View Post

Hi Lil Sushi!!!

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!! You will find such great advice, tips, and ideas on here! Feel free to voice any concerns, share your thoughts, or ask all the questions you have =) We're here to all help each other!!

I know what you mean about being excited & nervous- Just know, since it's a DW, there will be hiccups, and you have to accept that. I would get organized, jot down everything you need to do as far as planning and have it all in one place. I put together a list of all the events we're having, vendor information, and all the extras such as decorations, printing jobs, DIY projects, etc and then included prices & balances. This way, you can see what's done, what's paid, and what needs to be taken care of. Hope that helps! The first thing you should do is review the reception & ceremony locations & finalize them with your WC ASAP! I learned this from experience, be sure they confirm it with you. I thought my WC at the time did confirm the locations and then found out they weren't so i lost out on them and have to move elsewhere on the resort. Your WC is there for any & all questions you have- don't be afraid to ask!!

So here are some things to think about first:

-What kind of ceremony & reception do you want? Will it be a private event [private area] or will you have a reception dinner in one of the restaurants? Will the ceremony be legal [following Mexican law, it's recognized in the US but you'd have to take the marriage certificate to city hall to be registered. Will it be symbolic? This means it's not a legal ceremony [you'd be legally married back at home or wherever you choose] - this way you can skip all the requirements of a legal ceremony & pretty much create the entire ceremony as you'd wish!

-Vendors: Photographer & DJ- You can use one of the resort's vendors if you choose- If you happen to like someone else that's considered an "outside" vendor, keep in mind there will be a "fee" of $800 to allow them on the resort for your wedding day. One way to get around this is the can be booked as a guest [minimum 3 night stay], which most of the time is still cheaper than the $800- this is what we did and we were still paying WAY less than the house vendors wanted to charge- score!

-Save The Dates; If you haven't sent these yet, you should send ASAP. This gives your guests a chance to plan ahead & determine if they can make it to the wedding. You can find lots of amazing ideas on the DIY forum!

-Budget/planner: Definitely decide on a number, but be prepared not to stick completely to it. 90% of weddings go over budget, so what I did was account an extra $XX for those "just in case" funds.

-Look into a travel agent who is also a "gourmet all-inclusive" agent. They can get you top notch group pricing, and provide you with worry-free bookings, as well as giving you some amazing freebies =) 

OK I'll stop now, as I'm not sure if you've already done all this- but if not, hope this helps =D

GOOD LUCK & DON'T WORRY!!! It will be a beautiful day, let the days to come be filled with excitement & happiness!!

thewave.gif

XO

Jen

Thank you for the awesome write up and advice.  Actually a lot of what you wrote helps...My fi sent an email off to the TA to find out when we should be hearing from the WC.

We've got the Sky Deck booked for a Civil Ceremony at 1:30pm and with the help of this awesome forum, I've already got the kissing ball aisle decorations, and will be using those for the centrepieces at the reception.

We're fine with the semi-private reception that comes with the Silver Package, and with your advice, I'm definitely going to budget for a private, just in case we go over the 40 count.

We want to hire a DJ for after the reception and a Cigar Roller as entertainment during the reception.

My fi's family friends are photographers and have offered to do our wedding photos for free...*phew*

The STD's have been ordered, and should be here any day so we can start the hand cramping address writing.

The wedsite is up, the engagement video is on youtube, and I'm almost done our Iphone/Android app.

We'll definitely be speaking to our TA to see what she can do about freebies....she's local to us in Toronto and is a GI agent as well.

Crazy how I feel like we've already done so much and there's still SOOO much to do LOL....

Thank's again for the advice...excited for you that yours is coming up in May!! =)

Originally Posted by LiLSushi View Post

Thank you for the awesome write up and advice.  Actually a lot of what you wrote helps...My fi sent an email off to the TA to find out when we should be hearing from the WC.

We've got the Sky Deck booked for a Civil Ceremony at 1:30pm and with the help of this awesome forum, I've already got the kissing ball aisle decorations, and will be using those for the centrepieces at the reception.

We're fine with the semi-private reception that comes with the Silver Package, and with your advice, I'm definitely going to budget for a private, just in case we go over the 40 count.

We want to hire a DJ for after the reception and a Cigar Roller as entertainment during the reception.

My fi's family friends are photographers and have offered to do our wedding photos for free...*phew*

The STD's have been ordered, and should be here any day so we can start the hand cramping address writing.

The wedsite is up, the engagement video is on youtube, and I'm almost done our Iphone/Android app.

We'll definitely be speaking to our TA to see what she can do about freebies....she's local to us in Toronto and is a GI agent as well.

Crazy how I feel like we've already done so much and there's still SOOO much to do LOL....

Thank's again for the advice...excited for you that yours is coming up in May!! =)

Hi there....random thought as I read through your post here....I know that you can only have a Cigar roller if you have a Private reception, and I would venture to guess the same goes for a DJ as well.  We wanted to do the Cigar Roller for after our semi-private (included) dinner and we were told that was not possible.  We had to just order boxes of cigars instead.  So....you will definitely want to check with your WC on that.  

I'm curious about your app....what is it going to do?

I just wanted to mention how impressed I was with Wedding Paper Divas for our stationary. We ordered save the date magnets (very good quality and they came with envelopes), the pocket fold style envelope with the invite, info card, and rsvp (with envelope included) and they were printed on excellent thick cardstock. We paid a little extra to have the shimmer paper and it was totally worth the extra (I think 10 cents a card). I contacted them a few times to make changes on some things and they were very quick, professional and definitely know what they are doing. Highly recommend this company for all your stationary needs! I will definitely be using them for other special occasions!

Hi there....random thought as I read through your post here....I know that you can only have a Cigar roller if you have a Private reception, and I would venture to guess the same goes for a DJ as well.  We wanted to do the Cigar Roller for after our semi-private (included) dinner and we were told that was not possible.  We had to just order boxes of cigars instead.  So....you will definitely want to check with your WC on that.   I'm curious about your app....what is it going to do?
I'll check with the wc once we start the planning process. .thanks for letting me know. =) Appy Couple is an app for androids or iphones. You can download it from the store onto your phone and manage it as you would your wedding website. I find I like it better since I can instantly upload photos and updates from my phone through it and my guests who have the app can get live updates etc. Its pretty helpful for the wedding party. =)

Hi.  I've decided to use Caribe Photo to avoid the outside vendor fee.  Can anyone recommend someone specific that  they used and was impressed by from Caribe.

Thanks.  It's a big decision as these will last forever.  I really appreciate anyone's help.