Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

You can not ship alcohol, unless you have permits and are willing to pay the customs and other fees. You might be able to bring some on the plane with you, as long as it falls under your allowable limit for booze (not sure what it is for Mexico). I would think you could buy them down there, but not sure exactly where or for how much. There are so many tourist shops around, I am sure you could make an arrangement with someone for lots of small tequila bottles.
Thanks!!

Originally Posted by vlivins View Post

Hi Murmel - I LOVE the lanterns in your pics. Where did you buy them? I have seen lanterns online at www.paperlanternstore.com however this shipping prices to Canada are insane if you are just ordering a few to see how they look. What sizes did you opt for? I really like the staggered sizes together like what you did. Thanks again!

Hi vlivins,

I'm from Canada too and the Ikea in Richmond has 18 inch paper lanterns on sale for $2.00. You might want to check it out. I just bought a whole bunch.  But white lanterns are still $4.00 each. There are a variety of colours to choose from. Hope this helps.

Hi Ladies, Hope your holidays were GREAT!  I'm officially less than 30 days from my wedding!!  So excited!  A couple of questions for ya:

1.  My guests all arrive on different days, and I definitely don't want to have things planned every day...but it seems most people are arriving on Wednesday and Thursday.  I thought it would be nice to let my guests know where I might be hanging out on Thursday night so that everyone could come and at least have a drink and touch base.  I was thinking meet up for pre-dinner drinks....I haven't been to the resort though and have no idea which bar might be the best location for about 20 to meet up prior to dinner.  Suggestions?  

2.  What did you do about letting your guest know where you were hanging out during the week?  I think we all plan to have our cell phones turned off so not to incur long distance charges.  Is there a way to ask my wedding coordinator or travel agent for a list of guests and their room numbers?  I sort of assume rooms aren't actually assigned until we get there, so not sure how to keep in touch with everyone.  

3.  We are not having a private reception, therefore no DJ.  Does anyone have any advice as far as something like a first dance?  I read online that the Mojito Lounge has a DJ every night, do you think they would play a specific song for me so we could have our first dance there?  I could bring the song on an ipod or a cd.  Other thoughts I had were possibly doing it on the beach immediately following the wedding ceremony.  

I'm wondering the same thing, except my wedding is in the middle of May.
April is between the rainy cool season and the hot dry season so I guess there's a chance it might get a little cooler on the beach at night, but I've never seen chilly bridesmaids wrapped in towels at a beach reception during April, and especially not May. I HAVE seen that happen occasionally in the winter months. Then again, a chilly breeze could be all the more reason for a round of tequila shots!

Originally Posted by RachelTX View Post

Hi Ladies, Hope your holidays were GREAT!  I'm officially less than 30 days from my wedding!!  So excited!  A couple of questions for ya:

1.  My guests all arrive on different days, and I definitely don't want to have things planned every day...but it seems most people are arriving on Wednesday and Thursday.  I thought it would be nice to let my guests know where I might be hanging out on Thursday night so that everyone could come and at least have a drink and touch base.  I was thinking meet up for pre-dinner drinks....I haven't been to the resort though and have no idea which bar might be the best location for about 20 to meet up prior to dinner.  Suggestions?  

2.  What did you do about letting your guest know where you were hanging out during the week?  I think we all plan to have our cell phones turned off so not to incur long distance charges.  Is there a way to ask my wedding coordinator or travel agent for a list of guests and their room numbers?  I sort of assume rooms aren't actually assigned until we get there, so not sure how to keep in touch with everyone.  

3.  We are not having a private reception, therefore no DJ.  Does anyone have any advice as far as something like a first dance?  I read online that the Mojito Lounge has a DJ every night, do you think they would play a specific song for me so we could have our first dance there?  I could bring the song on an ipod or a cd.  Other thoughts I had were possibly doing it on the beach immediately following the wedding ceremony.  

Let's see what I can answer:

1) Are you doing an OOT bag or a welcome note? If you are you could include something like "we'll be at the Mojito bar for drinks before dinner on Wednesday and Thursday night 6-7pm, hope to see you all there" (example). As for where the best spot is: the Mojito bar is really central and in the main lobby. Also another great spot is the adult bar (so only useful if your guests are all adults), which is located at the back side of the adult pool. They also have live music in the evenings before dinner (about 5:30 to 7:30pm). 

2) You can ask to have a list of your guests rooms, however they will likely change multiple times, so this may not be exact. (they may also not due it due to privacy issues, so you should ask your WC specifically for that list- NOT the front desk) If you can, have a list of your guests and ask them as you see them for their room numbers. (ie. carry this list in your purse/beach bag for the first day or two). Once you have the rooms confirmed you could get them to photocopy a few to give to your bridal party. We had included a welcome book in our OOT bags with a list of all our guests, with a blank space for the room number. The guests who knew each other, than just filled out the rooms numbers they wanted, I had a master list of all our guests. (to see the welcome book, look at my planning thread:http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/69198/murmels-planning-journal-pic-and-template-heavy)

3) The Mojito bar has a live band/music every evening after dinner and the show (so about 10pm). If you pick a well known/popular song, it's very likely that the band will know it and would be able to play it for you. Usually the lead is also very helpful (especially if you give them a small tip) and will announce it's your wedding and first dance. I have seen this happen multiple times. So be prepared with a couple of song options and you should have no problems. There is usually a DJ every evening in the 'teen club/dance bar' later in the night (about 11pm). It's always empty in there, but if you went with your entire wedding party, you could essentially take it over!

The other option, if you are taking a Ipod dock with you is to simply have everyone follow you to a location (on the beach, quiet area under the gazebo, etc.) and play your first dance with everyone surrounding you. There are lots of spots where you could plug in the dock if required, or if it's just one song, if it's battery powered it could be anywhere! 

Hope that helps!