Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Originally Posted by JennyBenz View Post

Hi Ladies!!!

So I'm on the fence with one thing in particular that's very important to me- my SHOES! LOL

I work for a shoe company, where we design & produce shoes for stores allover the world! So of course, I'm working on designing my own pair to wear on our wedding day. But, I need some advice- Are heels in the sand really impossible? I really would love to wear a gorgeous high heel and add some height to this short body of mine [i'm 5'3"]. Any past brides with advice?

I'd love to hear what you guys think, thanks =)

J

Are you having any sort of an aisle? It might be possible with a wooden board aisle.  Or how about using SoleMates (http://thesolemates.com/)?

Originally Posted by jsal4 View Post

I had my hair and makeup done by the spa. They did a great job! I just brought pictures and it was duplicated perfectly. Below are some pictures...the first one is to show the makeup (the picture was later on in the night, it was very windy so my bangs are all over, but the makeup stayed on well). The second picture shows my updo better.

Can't wait to see more of your pics jsal4! You looked beautiful :)

Hi Jen - Congratulations! And welcome to this amazing forum!!! Looks like we will be sharing an anniversary!! :) Definitely post any questions and/or comments at anytime!

Happy Planning!! cheers.gif

Originally Posted by jennblake View Post

Hi Ladies!

I'm so excited to be able to post something - I've been silently stalking this thread for about three months now. undecided.gif

We just confirmed our date - we are getting married on November 10, 2013 at Azul Sensatori! This thread was incredibly helpful to me when we were looking at different options, and I'm definitely excited to be a part of this group!

Jen

Josephine - Love your pic!!! Thank you for sharing! You have such an amazing smile!! Can't wait to see more!!

tkuzma - Thank you for the compliment! I have been trying to lose these last 5 lbs....sooooo hard to get rid of!!!!

Jenny - I just reached out to the vendor on etsy.com, looks like I will be able to get the extra sashes on time. Can't believe I almost messed up!!  As for table decorations, I am just bringing down candles and lavender petals to throw on the table. We will also pick up maracas when we arrive in mexico. I am bringing down 60 pairs of personalized flip flops which is taking up sooo much room! On top of that I am bringing down 32 hand painted frames so my guests can place the photo taken at the photo booth in it. Then I have to bring down the groomsmen gift which is also taking up a lot of room. I think I might give these out before Mexico. Your thoughts? Do you plan on giving the wedding party gifts in mexico or beforehand? As for my flowers, I went with silk flowers, which I will hold in my hand. I am also giving each bridesmaid and my MOH, their bouquet to hold. As for my shoes, I am actually wearing personalized platform flip flops (about 3") for the beach ceremony. I am afraid if i wear heels i might trip walking on the plank. After the ceremony, I will quickly change into my heels,which is about 3 1/2 ". I am only 5ft tall so platform flip flops and heels are extremely important!!! lol.  I bought my heels from the website below. It was free shipping and no sales tax. The shoes were inexpensive and I really could not spend much in this dept since I had already spent so much on other things. How amazing you can design your own shoes!!! Can't wait to see them!! Please make sure you share a picture!! Would love to see it!!! :)

400http://www.bridalshoesus.com/home.php

Originally Posted by ELAINENYC View Post

SO i am freaking out a bit. Just read from another bride that we should bring enough chair sashes for the ceremony and reception. I thought they would be able to move the sashes from the ceremony right to the reception. Now, I am not sure what to do.... use them for the ceremony or reception.  :(

Personally, if you don't have sashes for the ceremony, it won't be a big deal. We just used the regular chairs since our ceremony was only about 30 minutes long. Use the sashes for your reception first.

Originally Posted by karyc View Post

this is a bit off-topic, but i was wondering where everyone is planning to do their honeymoon? we were thinking belize, but it turns out that to fly there from cancun it takes 8 hours because we'd have to fly back to miami first !? so now we're thinking of staying in the cancun/playa del carmen area. what is everyone else doing?

We stayed for 3 extra days after our guests left to relax and unwind. We then headed up and saved up for our real honeymoon (which was months later). We went to Thailand, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia! :)

Originally Posted by LauraandBrian View Post

Hi Ladies!

I have been bad and have been back for a week and have not posted. Everything went wonderfully... I will write a full review soon... 

Congratulations MRS. ! You look stunning :) Can't wait to see more photos and the review. cheers.gif

Originally Posted by JennyBenz View Post

Hi Ladies!!!

So I'm on the fence with one thing in particular that's very important to me- my SHOES! LOL

I work for a shoe company, where we design & produce shoes for stores allover the world! So of course, I'm working on designing my own pair to wear on our wedding day. But, I need some advice- Are heels in the sand really impossible? I really would love to wear a gorgeous high heel and add some height to this short body of mine [i'm 5'3"]. Any past brides with advice?

I'd love to hear what you guys think, thanks =)

J

Honestly, the sand is so well packed on the beach you can walk in heels no problem. You just have to remember not to apply all your weight onto your heels while standing still LOL! I wore heels, as did all my bridesmaids, and none of us had any problems. And remember heels or no heels, take your time walking down the ramp to the beach. The sand makes it slippery, no matter what you are wearing on your feet!

This is a photo of my shoes. About 2 1/2" heel. And I know about the height issue- I'm 5'3", my hubby is 6'2" and my MOH is 6'! The second photo shows us all just strolling down the beach....no problems.

Originally Posted by jsal4 View Post

I had my hair and makeup done by the spa. They did a great job! I just brought pictures and it was duplicated perfectly. Below are some pictures...the first one is to show the makeup (the picture was later on in the night, it was very windy so my bangs are all over, but the makeup stayed on well). The second picture shows my updo better.

Thanks for sharing!  I am having my hair and make up done as well by the spa so this is helpful.  Is that a real flower in your hair?  

Argh! Why is it so hard for people to have the decency to even send a quick email saying no, they won't be coming? 1.5 weeks until my rsvp deadline and I'm still waiting for about 30 people to respond!

Ladies- Thank you SO much for your input on wearing heels on my wedding day =)

Yes it's SUPER exciting to be designing my own shoes, I do it every day so it's no different- well actually it is, I'm never this picky HAHA!!

And thanks for the advice =)

Elaine-

I'm so glad it worked out with ordering more sashes, one thing to cross off your list =)

Wow, so you're bringing quite a lot down there with you! Do you plan on having friends/family help in bringing some things down for you> I think we will ask for some help, instead of bringing 15 bags down with just the two of us =) I'm sure it'll work out fine! I want to go into the towns & purchase OOT bag items & also maracas, I'm just wondering how much we'll be spending. I have heard there's a "party supply" area down there, just can't seem to find out any info. as to where it is! I know that when you buy a lot in bulk you can haggle, so don't settle for price tag costs! I'm going with " real touch" flowers as well, I couldn't justify spending so much on Lomas designs! Your flowers are beautiful!!! Sounds like you have a wonderful wedding planned, can't wait to see pictures when you return =)

Jenny - I just reached out to the vendor on etsy.com, looks like I will be able to get the extra sashes on time. Can't believe I almost messed up!!  As for table decorations, I am just bringing down candles and lavender petals to throw on the table. We will also pick up maracas when we arrive in mexico. I am bringing down 60 pairs of personalized flip flops which is taking up sooo much room! On top of that I am bringing down 32 hand painted frames so my guests can place the photo taken at the photo booth in it. Then I have to bring down the groomsmen gift which is also taking up a lot of room. I think I might give these out before Mexico. Your thoughts? Do you plan on giving the wedding party gifts in mexico or beforehand? As for my flowers, I went with silk flowers, which I will hold in my hand. I am also giving each bridesmaid and my MOH, their bouquet to hold. As for my shoes, I am actually wearing personalized platform flip flops (about 3") for the beach ceremony. I am afraid if i wear heels i might trip walking on the plank. After the ceremony, I will quickly change into my heels,which is about 3 1/2 ". I am only 5ft tall so platform flip flops and heels are extremely important!!! lol.  I bought my heels from the website below. It was free shipping and no sales tax. The shoes were inexpensive and I really could not spend much in this dept since I had already spent so much on other things. How amazing you can design your own shoes!!! Can't wait to see them!! Please make sure you share a picture!! Would love to see it!!! :)

http://www.bridalshoesus.com/home.php

Hey girl! I think this is the most common issue with DW!!! I read many posts similar to yours below in the forums. I think many guests just seem to forget a "verbal" RSVP is not the same thing as an actual RSVP. I actually sent our invitations out a few weeks ago and heard some guests didn't get them! So I had to contact everyone to be everyone got their invitation- You wouldn't believe how many people responded saying they got it and completely forgot to RSVP! So funny, you'd think those that def.

ow they are or aren't coming would RSVP right away. But, that's how it is almost all the time! I would send out a friendly reminder to those who haven't RSVP'd, I'm sure most of them simply forgot to. No worries =)

Originally Posted by tkuzma View Post

Argh! Why is it so hard for people to have the decency to even send a quick email saying no, they won't be coming? 1.5 weeks until my rsvp deadline and I'm still waiting for about 30 people to respond!

Josephine - Love your pic!!! Thank you for sharing! You have such an amazing smile!! Can't wait to see more!!

tkuzma - Thank you for the compliment! I have been trying to lose these last 5 lbs....sooooo hard to get rid of!!!!

400http://www.bridalshoesus.com/home.php

Elaine-- the flowers are beautiful! Who did you use for them?