Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Originally Posted by JennyBenz View Post

Hi Ladies!!

Hoping someone [perhaps a newlywed?] can help me out with a dilemma I just ran into-

I was just speaking with my WC about the ceremony- we are doing a legal ceremony- and they told me the judge will most likely speak Spanish and have it translated. I requested English-speaker, so hopefully that works out =/

Also, just found out we can't change any details of the ceremony and if we wanted to say our own vows, we'd have to do it after the ceremony concludes- really?! LOL I don't want to do that, as it's silly and really thought they'd let us play a little with the words being said since it's our wedding, but apparently not! Any advice, what did you experience? I'd appreciate your help =)

Thanks everyone!!

Jenny

pinkie.gif

Hi JennyBenz,

Ive just got back from my Wedding there and had a legal ceremony. We had a judge that spoke spanish and then our wedding coordinator translated for her. I would have preferred an english speaker also but it worked out fine. I didnt think to request one ahead of time so hopefully that will work out for you :)

We didnt have any vows but they asked us at our meeting if we would like to add them in. After they said all the legal stuff, I think they let you say your vows or add anything in just before they pronounce you as husband and wife so it still sort of included in the ceremony.. Hope this is of help to you xxx

Originally Posted by JennyBenz View Post

Hi Ladies!!

Hoping someone [perhaps a newlywed?] can help me out with a dilemma I just ran into-

I was just speaking with my WC about the ceremony- we are doing a legal ceremony- and they told me the judge will most likely speak Spanish and have it translated. I requested English-speaker, so hopefully that works out =/

Also, just found out we can't change any details of the ceremony and if we wanted to say our own vows, we'd have to do it after the ceremony concludes- really?! LOL I don't want to do that, as it's silly and really thought they'd let us play a little with the words being said since it's our wedding, but apparently not! Any advice, what did you experience? I'd appreciate your help =)

Thanks everyone!!

Jenny

pinkie.gif

Hi Jenny,

I just got back Monday from the bridal dress rehearsal and asked about the Legal Ceremony. I was told that the Ceremony has to be performed in Spanish for it to be legal. The Wedding Certificate will be in Spanish too and then translated.  For the Ceremony it has to be performed by a judge, in spanish, and has to contain certain wording. You cant alter to far away from the script. The translater will translate for you and afterwards you can do your own vows.  I didnt like this at all and we decided to get legally married here in the states and not tell anyone. We are going to have a symbolic wedding in Mexico, noone will no its not legal. We are just going to go to the courthouse a day or two before we leave for Mexico.

I LOVE your invitations!!! Once we confirm our date we will start working on ours! I am thinking about doing the boarding pass invitations and luggage tag STD's.

Originally Posted by MK0386 View Post

I'm new to the forum and am really LOVING it!! SOO much awesome info on here. It's unreal. We are getting married at AS June 28, 2013! I interested if anyone has seen posts from the girl getting married June 29. (I know there is a wedding that day but don't know if she is on BDW). I would love to talk to her since we'll be there at the same time. Congrats to everyone! :)

Congrats!!! You will love this site. It is sooooo helpful.

Alright Ladies,

I just got back from my sight visit at Azul Sensatori and Azul Beach.  We were undecided and went to check out both resorts. We stayed at AS for our stay. I loved both resorts and am sad to say we are STILL undecided as to which resort we will chose. Here is my report on both resorts.

ARRIVAL/TRANSPORTATION

We arrived there with no problems. As soon as we walked into the airport there were transportation booths set up to get you to and from the hotel.  We paid 52 dollars (total, not a piece) for a shuttle van to and from the airport. You could pay more, about 75 dollars, and got a private taxi thru the same company. Our travel agent looked into getting us transportation and told us it would be 80/pp!!! So glad we told her no and just waited until we got there. 

We arrived at the hotel very late, around 11pm and was tired and just went to the room and ordered room service. 

ROOMS

When we got there we were upgraded to a swim up suite.  We loved the swim up suite.  It has a nice sized terrace with chairs and a couch you can relax and tan on. Eventhough we were not in the premium swim up suite there was still a personal waiter that came around and got drinks for us.  The rooms were very  clean. Housekeeping cleans the room twice a day. Every time they cleaned the room they left an animal design on the bed with roses. There was a bottle of champaigne on ice waiting on us in our room. I thought this was really nice. I will say that the room wasnt as modern as I thought it would be.  The rooms at Azul Beach were much nicer. Azul Beach standard rooms werent that nice but there suites were wonderful!!! Their swimup suites dont have the terrace that AS has. The one thing negative about the rooms at AS was our room was located close to the sewer and had a egg like smell outside. You can not smell it inside the room so this wasnt really an issue for us.

FOOD

The food was the best food I have tasted at an AI resort.  We ate at every restaurant except the Mexican restaurant and the Tapas restaurant.  Every meal was wonderful!! We didnt get to experience Le Chique either which was dissapointing bc after November they are going to start charging 25/pp to eat there. So when we go back for our wedding we will have to pay.  I will say that the lobster isnt included in the price and anytime you order lobster you have to pay. Also, you have to pay for wine other than the house wine. We loved Spoons and the Carribean restaurant and ate there most of the time.  When we went to the presentation for the dress rehearsal we got to tast the menus for the cocktail party, reception, and deserts. Everything was AMAZING!! I can not stress how wonderful the food was. We tasted both Itallian and Family style menus. I loved the family style and this is what we will get for our wedding. Its so much food and options your guests have to choose from. I feel like you cant go wrong with this option. Lobster is included with this option at no additional price!  At our site visit to AB we also tasted food from every restaurant and their food was amazing too. AB also has a sushi bar that we like.

The desesrts were pretty good as well. We LOVED the tarimizu cake and the strawberry flavored wedding cake. Neither one of us liked the vanilla or chocolate cakes. The cupcakes were just average however, the icing on the cupcakes were delicious!! They used a cream cheese tasting icing and everyone at our table loved it!!!  I did ask if it was the same chef that bakes all the cakes for weddings and they said NO! The chef we had only caters to the El Dorado Royale resort. With that being said there is no way to tell what the deserts will taste like at AS or AB. I have read past reviews from ppl that have gotten married and said that the wedding cakes and cupcakes were horrible.

LOCATIONS

We went to look at all the locations for weddings, cocktail hour, and receptions.  We are set on the sky wedding!! We like the Zavaz plaza for the reception.  Not sure where we would do cocktail hour. AB has a smaller sky deck which we liked as well but we didnt like the reception places too much.  I will say that the beach at AB is WAAAAYYYY better than AS.  The reviews of AS beach is true. It was a horrible beach and is absolutely not swimable. Black seewead all thru the beach and it has a brown color. I will say that they do clean it up thru the day but it doesnt really help. AB had a pretty nice beach. We walked there from AS and just a warning there is a nude/swinger resort inbetween and we got an eyefull! Just a caution for anyone wanting to walk down there to take pics or go to beach.

ENTERTAINMENT

We arrived at AS around 1100 1130pm and the hotel was dead. There isnt much entertainment and no club/disco. The Mojito Lounge plays lounge music but not damcing music and noone was really dancing. There really wasnt any excitement at the hotel.  The adult pool was dead. We enjoyed the Family pool better. They had more action. They also had activities at the FAmily pool.  There is PLENTY for children and teens to do. They have so much activities and game rooms etc etc. Adults will def have to make their own party!!! We are having around 60-75 ppl so we can be our own entertainment but small wedding parties might be bored at night. AB was even more dead as far as entertainment. Both places do have live shows everynight but they end around 930. after that you are on your own!

AB VS AS

better rooms AB

better reception locations AS

better beach AB

more to do AS

better beach ceremony locations AB(only bc their beach is prettier)

better things for kids AS

Both are great resorts and we feel we cant go wrong either way. I still like AS as our first choice bc i want my reception at the Zavaz Plaza.  The good thing about AB is that it is a small resort so if we had it htere we would have the whole resort to ourselves basically. Also bc of the size of our wedding we would be the only wedding there that day.

Oh i Forgot. The Spa's were great at both resorts. AB had a sauna and jacuzzi steam room in theirs, so i guess they win that category but both were wonderful!

I will upload pictures sometime this weekend. In the meantime if anyone has questions please let me know!!!

Sorry so long!

Thank you! Also- I just saw your post about the wording of the ceremony. I'm a little frustrated to see that bc I specifically asked my WC months ago if I could personalize it. This is the exact email: "Q: Is there specific things that the officiant/judge need to say or can I write the entire script for the wedding? If there are specific things they need to say can I still write the script with those things in there? A: You can write the entire script!  Once you are finished with the script, email it to me and I will forward it to the hotel.  Please make sure to bring copies with you of the script to the meeting with the on-site team." 

I am having a legal ceremony and she knew that when she answered my question. I also never heard anything about it having to be in Spanish until I read that in a book yesterday and then saw it here. Thank you for posting this. Looks like we both need to get some info cleared up with our WC's... frustrating. I'll let you know what I hear from mine.

I have always heard that if you are having the legal ceremony, that is must be in Spanish, and there is little to no deviation from the script.  If you are having a symbolic ceremony, you can write the script however you choose.  We ended up doing the symbolic ceremony for those very reasons.....and just got married at the JoP a couple weeks before our wedding. 

Originally Posted by MK0386 View Post

Thank you! Also- I just saw your post about the wording of the ceremony. I'm a little frustrated to see that bc I specifically asked my WC months ago if I could personalize it. This is the exact email: "Q: Is there specific things that the officiant/judge need to say or can I write the entire script for the wedding? If there are specific things they need to say can I still write the script with those things in there? A: You can write the entire script!  Once you are finished with the script, email it to me and I will forward it to the hotel.  Please make sure to bring copies with you of the script to the meeting with the on-site team." 

I am having a legal ceremony and she knew that when she answered my question. I also never heard anything about it having to be in Spanish until I read that in a book yesterday and then saw it here. Thank you for posting this. Looks like we both need to get some info cleared up with our WC's... frustrating. I'll let you know what I hear from mine.

Originally Posted by jamilaimani View Post

Alright Ladies,

I just got back from my sight visit at Azul Sensatori and Azul Beach.  We were undecided and went to check out both resorts. We stayed at AS for our stay. I loved both resorts and am sad to say we are STILL undecided as to which resort we will chose. Here is my report on both resorts.

ARRIVAL/TRANSPORTATION

We arrived there with no problems. As soon as we walked into the airport there were transportation booths set up to get you to and from the hotel.  We paid 52 dollars (total, not a piece) for a shuttle van to and from the airport. You could pay more, about 75 dollars, and got a private taxi thru the same company. Our travel agent looked into getting us transportation and told us it would be 80/pp!!! So glad we told her no and just waited until we got there. 

We arrived at the hotel very late, around 11pm and was tired and just went to the room and ordered room service. 

ROOMS

When we got there we were upgraded to a swim up suite.  We loved the swim up suite.  It has a nice sized terrace with chairs and a couch you can relax and tan on. Eventhough we were not in the premium swim up suite there was still a personal waiter that came around and got drinks for us.  The rooms were very  clean. Housekeeping cleans the room twice a day. Every time they cleaned the room they left an animal design on the bed with roses. There was a bottle of champaigne on ice waiting on us in our room. I thought this was really nice. I will say that the room wasnt as modern as I thought it would be.  The rooms at Azul Beach were much nicer. Azul Beach standard rooms werent that nice but there suites were wonderful!!! Their swimup suites dont have the terrace that AS has. The one thing negative about the rooms at AS was our room was located close to the sewer and had a egg like smell outside. You can not smell it inside the room so this wasnt really an issue for us.

FOOD

The food was the best food I have tasted at an AI resort.  We ate at every restaurant except the Mexican restaurant and the Tapas restaurant.  Every meal was wonderful!! We didnt get to experience Le Chique either which was dissapointing bc after November they are going to start charging 25/pp to eat there. So when we go back for our wedding we will have to pay.  I will say that the lobster isnt included in the price and anytime you order lobster you have to pay. Also, you have to pay for wine other than the house wine. We loved Spoons and the Carribean restaurant and ate there most of the time.  When we went to the presentation for the dress rehearsal we got to tast the menus for the cocktail party, reception, and deserts. Everything was AMAZING!! I can not stress how wonderful the food was. We tasted both Itallian and Family style menus. I loved the family style and this is what we will get for our wedding. Its so much food and options your guests have to choose from. I feel like you cant go wrong with this option. Lobster is included with this option at no additional price!  At our site visit to AB we also tasted food from every restaurant and their food was amazing too. AB also has a sushi bar that we like.

The desesrts were pretty good as well. We LOVED the tarimizu cake and the strawberry flavored wedding cake. Neither one of us liked the vanilla or chocolate cakes. The cupcakes were just average however, the icing on the cupcakes were delicious!! They used a cream cheese tasting icing and everyone at our table loved it!!!  I did ask if it was the same chef that bakes all the cakes for weddings and they said NO! The chef we had only caters to the El Dorado Royale resort. With that being said there is no way to tell what the deserts will taste like at AS or AB. I have read past reviews from ppl that have gotten married and said that the wedding cakes and cupcakes were horrible.

LOCATIONS

We went to look at all the locations for weddings, cocktail hour, and receptions.  We are set on the sky wedding!! We like the Zavaz plaza for the reception.  Not sure where we would do cocktail hour. AB has a smaller sky deck which we liked as well but we didnt like the reception places too much.  I will say that the beach at AB is WAAAAYYYY better than AS.  The reviews of AS beach is true. It was a horrible beach and is absolutely not swimable. Black seewead all thru the beach and it has a brown color. I will say that they do clean it up thru the day but it doesnt really help. AB had a pretty nice beach. We walked there from AS and just a warning there is a nude/swinger resort inbetween and we got an eyefull! Just a caution for anyone wanting to walk down there to take pics or go to beach.

ENTERTAINMENT

We arrived at AS around 1100 1130pm and the hotel was dead. There isnt much entertainment and no club/disco. The Mojito Lounge plays lounge music but not damcing music and noone was really dancing. There really wasnt any excitement at the hotel.  The adult pool was dead. We enjoyed the Family pool better. They had more action. They also had activities at the FAmily pool.  There is PLENTY for children and teens to do. They have so much activities and game rooms etc etc. Adults will def have to make their own party!!! We are having around 60-75 ppl so we can be our own entertainment but small wedding parties might be bored at night. AB was even more dead as far as entertainment. Both places do have live shows everynight but they end around 930. after that you are on your own!

AB VS AS

better rooms AB

better reception locations AS

better beach AB

more to do AS

better beach ceremony locations AB(only bc their beach is prettier)

better things for kids AS

Both are great resorts and we feel we cant go wrong either way. I still like AS as our first choice bc i want my reception at the Zavaz Plaza.  The good thing about AB is that it is a small resort so if we had it htere we would have the whole resort to ourselves basically. Also bc of the size of our wedding we would be the only wedding there that day.

Oh i Forgot. The Spa's were great at both resorts. AB had a sauna and jacuzzi steam room in theirs, so i guess they win that category but both were wonderful!

I will upload pictures sometime this weekend. In the meantime if anyone has questions please let me know!!!

Sorry so long!

Thanks for all of the information! I'm hoping some October brides can give a cake report. That is literally the only thing FI cares about.

Originally Posted by Jana Knitter View Post

Has anyone heard any feedback for shipping things to the resort?  My WC does not recommend it (no surprise there) but she gave me the address if I wanted to ship anything.  My wedding is on a Sunday and we will be arriving on Wednesday so we were thinking of shipping the favors and try to have them delivered on Thursday.  I'm a little nervous about it.  Does anyone know/heard if anyone in the past has done this???? 

Hi Jana,

I would not advise you to ship anything - take extra suitcases on the plane with you! I have read some reviews on here - horror stories - about shipping things and it never showing up. One bride had shipped her flower girl basket and a lot of other important things and it just never showed up. I would highly recommend you bring extra suitcases and keep everything on the plane with you! Then you won't have to worry :)