Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Hi ladies!!! We just returned from our wedding/ honeymoon at Azul Sensatori/ El Dorado Maroma. I cannot begin to tell you how amazing our wedding day was. The wedding crew at AS went above and beyond for us. We had the silver package with Sky Wedding deck. We had our rehearsal dinner at Spoon. They separated us from everyone else with a nice 4 course sit down meal with 2 entree choices. They were very accommodating with allergies and vegetarians. We had our ceremony at the Sky wedding deck because it was more private, and was worth the extra money!! We also had a cocktail hour on the beach with a mariachi band. Our reception was outside at the Zavas Plaza. We brought our own lanterns to be hung up, and maracas as favors. AS set up everything including lanterns, favors, table cards, table numbers, guest book etc. for $150. Some people have been said to have been charged more. We did the pick 2 menu and chose the petit filet mignon and lobster or half herb roasted chicken. The pick 2 gave us thenoption of choosing the food instead of a set menu. Both were amazing!!! The DJ was AS's dj and mc and they were awesome. They had all the music we requested, and followed the detail sheet to a tee. Our photographers were Matias Cano and they did a fantastic job. (hopefully pics posted soon). They showed us shots as we took them and captured our special moments without being constantly In our face. We wanted more candid, action shot opposed to poses. We did do the tradition poses but did not want everything to be a set pose. We felt very comfortable with them taking pictures and cannot wait to see our proofs. The next day we had our brunch at Zolalo restaurant. Various breakfast and lunch dishes brought out served in different courses opposed to buffet. We paid separate for the sky deck, cocktail hour, and private dinner. Everything else was included. I had my hair, nails, and makeup done by Raquel in the spa. I showed her a pic of an updo and wanted natural makeup. She did a fantastic job. Subtle eye makeup that still made my eyes pop, and makeup was not caked on at all. She was spot on with my hair style and even added clip in extensions I brought for more volume. Whoever is getting married here you will not be disappointed. The rooms, food, and attention from start to finish of our stay and wedding was beyond amazing. We had our honeymoon at El Doroado Maroma, so we can have a more intimidate stay and also ur guests mdidnt feel rushed to leave. We left the day after our wedding and stayed an extra 6 nights. They included the same honeymoon amenities that AS provided, breakfast in bed, candlelit dinner, spa credit. , it was wonderful. Good luck to all future brides, it will be more than you could ever dream of!!! And congrats to past brides!!!

Hi ladies!!! We just returned from our wedding/ honeymoon at Azul Sensatori/ El Dorado Maroma. I cannot begin to tell you how amazing our wedding day was. The wedding crew at AS went above and beyond for us. We had the silver package with Sky Wedding deck. We had our rehearsal dinner at Spoon. They separated us from everyone else with a nice 4 course sit down meal with 2 entree choices. They were very accommodating with allergies and vegetarians. We had our ceremony at the Sky wedding deck because it was more private, and was worth the extra money!! We also had a cocktail hour on the beach with a mariachi band. Our reception was outside at the Zavas Plaza. We brought our own lanterns to be hung up, and maracas as favors. AS set up everything including lanterns, favors, table cards, table numbers, guest book etc. for $150. Some people have been said to have been charged more. We did the pick 2 menu and chose the petit filet mignon and lobster or half herb roasted chicken. The pick 2 gave us thenoption of choosing the food instead of a set menu. Both were amazing!!! The DJ was AS's dj and mc and they were awesome. They had all the music we requested, and followed the detail sheet to a tee. Our photographers were Matias Cano and they did a fantastic job. (hopefully pics posted soon). They showed us shots as we took them and captured our special moments without being constantly In our face. We wanted more candid, action shot opposed to poses. We did do the tradition poses but did not want everything to be a set pose. We felt very comfortable with them taking pictures and cannot wait to see our proofs. The next day we had our brunch at Zolalo restaurant. Various breakfast and lunch dishes brought out served in different courses opposed to buffet. We paid separate for the sky deck, cocktail hour, and private dinner. Everything else was included. I had my hair, nails, and makeup done by Raquel in the spa. I showed her a pic of an updo and wanted natural makeup. She did a fantastic job. Subtle eye makeup that still made my eyes pop, and makeup was not caked on at all. She was spot on with my hair style and even added clip in extensions I brought for more volume. Whoever is getting married here you will not be disappointed. The rooms, food, and attention from start to finish of our stay and wedding was beyond amazing. We had our honeymoon at El Doroado Maroma, so we can have a more intimidate stay and also ur guests mdidnt feel rushed to leave. We left the day after our wedding and stayed an extra 6 nights. They included the same honeymoon amenities that AS provided, breakfast in bed, candlelit dinner, spa credit. , it was wonderful. Good luck to all future brides, it will be more than you could ever dream of!!! And congrats to past brides!!!

Thanks, I will look into both of these.  I am surprised by how much they get for the sand ceremony picture frames...but I guess they last forever and it is an excellent keepsake.  I do know that on the Lomas website there is an option for the sand ceremony and it is $40....so I doubt AS supplies the sand.  I did see however somewhere that one of the sands you should use is sand from the beach...and then one colored sand....so sand from the beach would be free!  :)
We had the sand ceremony, we did not pay extra it was part of our legal ceremony, and they provide sand and bottle for you.

Hi Girls I know there has been a lot of discussion on this topic But who is everyone using for pictures? I do not like caribe photos! Thanks!
We used Matias Cano, very professional, constant communication up until wedding. Will post proofs when get a chance. We loved them and highly recommend them.

Hi Ladies, I am getting married at Azul on March 29,2013! Just wondering what some of you girls are doing for music for the reception? DJ or IPod? Lomas DJ? Thanks,
We used lomas dj. We did not want to pay extra for outside fee. They did an amazing job. We had awesome music (everything we requested), glow in dark bracelets, bubble and fog machines and more. They did a fantastic job.

Hi Rachel! Congrats on booking your date & welcome to the forum =) I am working with Amanda, and after a VERY bumpy road at first, we are working much better together now. I think all WC have high expectations from us brides, and sometimes they don't amount up to them. But, if you ever have a concern or worry, you just have to address the situation right away. If you're absolutely not happy with the service you're getting, you can ask to speak to a supervisor or management at their office & I'm sure they'll be happy to switch WC's. I was almost to this point, but once we resolved our problems [very big problems], we've been getting along fine. Just be very detail oriented, ask a ton of questions & my advice for Amanda is if there's anything urgent- CALL her! She takes very long to respond to emails [one of the issues I have with her] so now I just write all my questions down call her for answers & email confirmation of what we spoke about [never not have a hard copy of what you discussed, cover yourself on all bases![ Hope this helps =)
Our WC was Erika Lopes and she was amazing. She made the planning so stress free. She always replied quickly through email and we,comes phone calls. She answered every question honestly and even gave recommendations to help us save money. If you feel the need to switch ask for her. You have enough to worry about with planning you don't need a flighty WC!

okay....so I've now spent a good 3 hours reading through this thread....I'm new here...I guess that's what you do?  I've learned a lot.  My biggest question at the moment...it seems everyone does a private reception.  I wasn't really thinking I would spend the money on food and drinks...since we've paid for that already with it being AI.  Is it crazy for me to be thinking this way?  My TA is a GI travel agent so I can get the free cocktail hour and several ladies have said they were able to do this cocktail hour after their ceremony and then we have dinner reservations included in our wedding package.  Should these dinner reservations be for the wedding night or a different night??  Would cocktail hour, dinner reservations, then moving to one of the fun bars be a fun/acceptable "reception"?  I do not see my wedding being "formal" or "traditional" it is a destination wedding. Not sure what to do.....
It may depend on how many guests yu have and how private you would like your reception. Although we had a DW, we still wanted a DJ and the outdoor location so we had to do private. We had 50 guests and enjoyed our provate reception. We did have a rehearsal dinner at Spoon, it was sit down, but we had a curtain separating our party from the rest of diners, including a kids character dinner. We had all the background nise of the restaurant, and you are not allowed a dj inside the restaurants.

They make you extra regardless of steaming, but they rushed ours and took my dress and his suit night before. We paid $25 altogether for both (gown, suit pants, suit jacket, dress shirt, and tie). Our weddings was a Saturday, they took it Friday afternoon/ early evening and returned it between 10am and 12pm next day. They will take it sooner too for you if you like.

Originally Posted by Nicci86 View Post

What do you have to do to be married in Canada? We are having the judge and everything in Mexico but when we get back what do we have to do?

I believe once you get your marriage certificate from Mexico you have to get it translated into english. (some hotels will do this for you as part of your wedding package). Then you have to take it to your local city hall and have it registered.

Originally Posted by Mnd3A View Post

Hi girls!  I just wanted to share my wedding slideshow by Citlalli Rico!

http://www.citlallirico.com/slideshow/Amanda_Michael/

Looks like you and your guests had so much fun! Congrats!

Originally Posted by GinaP View Post

Hi Ladies,

I am getting married at Azul on March 29,2013! Just wondering what some of you girls are doing for music for the reception? DJ or IPod? Lomas DJ?

Thanks,

I think it really depends on what you want/need. We rented the sound system for our reception and had playlists ready on our Ipod. Dinner 1, Dinner 2 (slower, nice background music), and then Dancing 1, Dancing 2. There was a staff member who controlled the Ipod for us and did a great job. During our dinner and when our MC or others were doing speeches, the staff member would fade the music out and when the speech was done would bring the music back up.  Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by RachelTX View Post

is anyone doing a sand ceremony?  or did a sand ceremony?  I think I saw it in this forum but can't remember....I've seen a picture frame for the sand....does anyone know where I can get one of these?  I think that is such a cool idea, what a great keepsake from the wedding!  Also, are you bringing your own sand or did you get the sand from Lomas?  Thanks :)  

I know a few people have found them on etsy or ebay. I think the sand ceremony is included in certain wedding packages, but I would check with Lomas. Also if you want a specific color I would check with Lomas ahead of time.

Originally Posted by RachelTX View Post

Does anyone know.....is the Zocalo Beach wedding location the one by the pier?  Also....is the gazebo permanently there or do you have to rent that from Lomas?  

The gazebo is a permanent structure, but it's just the wooden beams.

Originally Posted by MishMash View Post

Hi ladies!!! We just returned from our wedding/ honeymoon at Azul Sensatori/ El Dorado Maroma.

Congratulations! So glad to hear things went well and that you had a wonderful time cheers.gif