Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

thanks so much for the info.  i am writing down things everyday that i had not even though of before getting engaged.  The info you guys have passed on already just this morning is great, so thank you.  I am a complete Foodie, so I am very drawn to the aspect that the resort is Gourmet.  That is one of my biggest complaints with other  all-inclusive resorts.  Thanks for the information about the extra fees.  That's something i would have not known either.  Good luck on your up-coming wedding. so exciting! 

Amanda - Thanks for sharing the pic! Love it!! How many guests did you have?? looks like a very large group!!! So glad you had the time of your life despite the weather! Looking forward to seeing more pics!! :)

Darn! I paid too much! I guess mine's was more expensive b/c of the whistles. I am taking them off for the adults but giving them to the kids. Humm..i wonder whether or not that is a good idea? lol. thanks for sharing! I hope Dawn sees this and will check it out!

Originally Posted by 2ndtimesacharm View Post

I ordered my coil wrist bands from this store on Ebay:

http://stores.ebay.com/creativeidsupply/Wrist-Coil-Key-Chain-/_i.html?_fsub=4502804015&_sid=940593105&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

I didn't care about color (so bought the assorted pack) and know my guests probably won't use them again after the trip so I didn't want to spend a ton.  I believe these shipped from China but I had them within a week.

Hi! It is never too early to start planning... the earlier you start i think the better esp if you know the date you want. My Fi and I met with a TA who came highly recommended through friends. We informed our TA of the things that were most important to us, which was keeping the cost down but still having a high quality resort & kid friendly. We narrowed it down to 3 resorts, one of them being AS. From there, we did a site visit of AS to be sure we loved it and we did. For what you are paying, you are getting your money's worth, i think. The quality of food is much better than the typical all-inclusive and the Le Chique restaurant at AS is amazing. You will def appreciate Le Chique esp if you are a foodie. The downfall to this restaurant is that you must make reservations, which is difficult since it books fast and they are only open 6 days a week. The other part we loved about AS is how it is split between Adults Only section and kids Section. We have some guests who want nothing to do with kids so they can stay in the adults-only pool. And our guests who do have kids will be very entertained at how much they do cater to kids. If you plan on not having kids at your wedding, then I highly recommend the adults-only El Dorado Royale...this resort is really stunning too!  As the other brides have informed you, AS is very pricey with the extra stuff and hiring outside vendors so you need to consider this if you are on a tight budget. Based on reviews from other brides, I do not recall reading any bride regretting having their wedding at AS. There were hiccups but there will be hiccups no matter where your wedding is. If feasible, you should do a site visit so you can see for yourself. :)

P.S. the no bracelet thing at AS is also huge!! i hate how other all-inclusives make you wear that silly thing!

Originally Posted by ChelseyB View Post

hello brides, 

i am recently engaged and have started searching on where to get married.  Sensatori keeps coming back to me as the best location even though i'm trying to branch out and look at other places to compare.  I'm sure you guys all did that too. What made you choose Sensatori as your final decision?  is everyone happy with this decision so far or were there other places in the area that you wish you would have looked at a bit more.  I would appreciate any advice you can offer to someone who just got engaged 2 weeks ago but is ready to start making some wedding planning decisions. 

oh one more question,  how far in advance did you book your wedding with sensatori?  is a february/march wedding do-able if i start planning now? thanks so much  you guys.

Chelsey

Thanks for the advice!!!

AND A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!!

WELCOME BACK, HOPE YOU HAD AN AMAZING WEDDING!!!

smile159.gif

Originally Posted by Mnd3A View Post

I asked to be switched to Elizabeth Riff too and she was fantastic!!!  Do it!!!! You'll be so happy that you did.

Hi Chelsey!!!

Welcome to the forum and CONGRATS on your engagement!! cheers.gif

First and foremost, go in with an open mind. If you pick a specific date, you may be disappointed. Dates book very fast, so the sooner the better if you're hoping for a Feb/March wedding!

Also, if you are finding yourself coming back to the Sensatori, it's for good reason =)  This might be a good start if you see fit: The Karisma resorts offer a special for brides to be once monthly, and it's a very small fee for 3 nights to go down there and see the resorts for yourself! They'll give you a short presentation of packages & resorts and offer tours at any of their resorts for free! We stayed at the Fives and were sold on the Sensatori! [you can incur with resort about this special, it's called Bride's Dress Rehearsal Special] We also took a taxi [at our own expense] for one day while we were there and went to other locations such as Dreams &  Now Jade. It just didn't equate to the Azul resorts. For us, everything we could have asked for was AS!

It accomodates all genres of guests, from the babies to elders! The "gourmet-inclusive" food at all of their resorts is beyond any all inclusive food we've ever had! The service is impeccable, and every single worker from the maids to bartenders are the friendliest people we've had the pleasure of meeting! You won't be dissapointed. May I recommend also researching the reviews posted on here from past brides and see what they say! Rates vary depending on the time of year & category of rooms you book. All the details of the wedding are handled between you and a coordinator in Miami, so there's no language barrier ;) I think you'll be very happy booking at Sensatori!

Also, when you're ready to book or want to start working with an agency for rooms & rates, I recommend using a "Gourmet-Inclusive" Agent. You get some great perks [such as free massage, cocktail party, or moonlight dinner] and excellent rates! The incentives are great =) I am using Beach Bum Vacations and they exceeded every expectation I had thus far!

Hope this helps, feel free to private message me if you wish to discuss further =)

Good luck on your planning and keep us posted!!!

Quote:

HI ladies,

This is my first post, so I hope i'm doing it correctly and it will show up where i think its suppose to show up. 

I just got engaged  (3 weeks ago) so i'm starting to jump into the wedding planning.  Sensatori keeps popping back up as i'm reviewing and searching for destination wedding spots. 

Can you guys tell me what made you want to choose Sensatori?  are you happy with the decision ?  are there other resorts in the area that you wish you had looked into a bit more? 

If i go ahead and decide on Sensatori, how far out do I have to book the wedding?  is a late February/ early March wedding do-able from right now do you think? 

Any advice you can offer will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Chelsey

Originally Posted by ELAINENYC View Post

Amanda - Thanks for sharing the pic! Love it!! How many guests did you have?? looks like a very large group!!! So glad you had the time of your life despite the weather! Looking forward to seeing more pics!! :)

thanks!! we had 97!! 

hello brides, 

i am recently engaged and have started searching on where to get married.  Sensatori keeps coming back to me as the best location even though i'm trying to branch out and look at other places to compare.  I'm sure you guys all did that too. What made you choose Sensatori as your final decision?  is everyone happy with this decision so far or were there other places in the area that you wish you would have looked at a bit more.  I would appreciate any advice you can offer to someone who just got engaged 2 weeks ago but is ready to start making some wedding planning decisions. 

oh one more question,  how far in advance did you book your wedding with sensatori?  is a february/march wedding do-able if i start planning now? thanks so much  you guys.

Chelsey

thanks so much for the info.  i am writing down things everyday that i had not even though of before getting engaged.  The info you guys have passed on already just this morning is great, so thank you.  I am a complete Foodie, so I am very drawn to the aspect that the resort is Gourmet.  That is one of my biggest complaints with other  all-inclusive resorts.  Thanks for the information about the extra fees.  That's something i would have not known either.  Good luck on your up-coming wedding. so exciting! 

The other girls have really given a lot of the plus sides to AS.

The only things I would add: The rooms are modern and nicely furnished. The staff is outstanding! They truly are a wonderful crew. If there are kids coming to the wedding, the kids club is one of the best I have ever seen. The kids at our wedding were constantly bugging their parents to go to the kids club. (which the parents loved-since they then truly had their own vacation) The kids club also has a night program (7-9:30pm) so the parents were able to enjoy a quiet dinner to themselves or join other friends. The resort is also really easy to get to. From Cancun airport it's only a 20 minute drive (while some resorts further south can be upwards of 1 1/2h drive.) It is also located in the middle between Cancun and Playa del Carmen. This is nice since it's easy for your guests to get to either location if they choose.

And yes, if you're a foodie- this is by far the best all-inclusive resort I have ever been to. (we travel multiple times a year, and have been so impressed with AS that we have been back now 4 times) Le Chique is simply amazing, it's the type of high end place you would expect to find in New York or Chicago....not Mexico!

Good luck with your choice!

HI ladies,

This is my first post, so I hope i'm doing it correctly and it will show up where i think its suppose to show up. 

I just got engaged  (3 weeks ago) so i'm starting to jump into the wedding planning.  Sensatori keeps popping back up as i'm reviewing and searching for destination wedding spots. 

Can you guys tell me what made you want to choose Sensatori?  are you happy with the decision ?  are there other resorts in the area that you wish you had looked into a bit more? 

If i go ahead and decide on Sensatori, how far out do I have to book the wedding?  is a late February/ early March wedding do-able from right now do you think? 

Any advice you can offer will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Chelsey

Hi Chelsea! Congrats on your engagement! We chose Sensatori because we wanted theMayan Riviera and it was one of the nicest places there. We're very pleased with the decision. It looks amazing and we keep getting more and more excited. We did have some issues with their booking person thought because we didn't have the minimum amount of people for the group rate. That caused some problems so we decided to find another travel agent.

Originally Posted by ELAINENYC View Post

Darn! I paid too much! I guess mine's was more expensive b/c of the whistles. I am taking them off for the adults but giving them to the kids. Humm..i wonder whether or not that is a good idea? lol. thanks for sharing! I hope Dawn sees this and will check it out!

I see it.... thanks so much!  Dawn