Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Originally Posted by ELAINENYC View Post

Nicci86 - Great dress!! Perfect for a beach wedding!! :)

tkuzma - I am purchasing my luggage tags holders and roomkey holders on ebay. 50 luggage tags w/worm loops are $47.76 + $5.75. I have not purchased these yet b/c I am hoping I can find another seller who is willing to sell for either cheaper or free shipping & handling. For the roomkey holders, I paid for 50 $10.95 free shipping.  And I purchased 60 coil bracelet key chains for $34.95 (also free shipping). I wish I could purchase 50 but you have to buy by the dozen and 48 would not be enough.   Humm... a creative love themed name...let me get back to you on this.  Would you mind sharing the cocktail recipe? :)

I found the luggage tags but where are you getting the room key holders and coil bracelets from?  They both sound like good deals.  Thanks.

Has anyone used the coil bracelets from oriental trading co?  Very inexpensive but wondering if they are too small for adults wrists.  

Originally Posted by DawnDean View Post

I found the luggage tags but where are you getting the room key holders and coil bracelets from?  They both sound like good deals.  Thanks.

Has anyone used the coil bracelets from oriental trading co?  Very inexpensive but wondering if they are too small for adults.  what do you girls think of the self laminating luggage tags.

Originally Posted by LauraandBrian View Post

Hi DawnDean

I am curious what TA you are using... your wedding is in April of 2013 and you already have 36 guests booked?? I am jealous... I have 12 and mine is in October.. how did you get people motivated to book early?? 

I am using destinationweddings.com and once I had my block of rooms from the hotel set aside, I urged all guests to get the group room rate that will be less expensive then booking later on.  I told them that I couldn't guarantee how many rooms beyond the original 20 I could get and they would be smart to book one of them now.  It worked and we booked all 20 rooms within 3 weeks.  Any room that didnt get booked in the first 4 weeks my FI and I would have to pay the deposit of 100 for each room.  I didn't want to have to do that if I didn't have to.  Oh, Elizabeth "Cookie" Randall is my WC/TA there and she's awesome!  

Originally Posted by Mwise17 View Post

Are you going to the El Dorado for your honeymoon? 

My husband and I were married at the Azul in October, and we just went on a babymoon (I am due in September) at the El Dorado, but we stayed at the Royale side vs. in the Casitas.

:)

Exciting!

Congrats Melissa on the baby! smile02.gifThat is so exciting :) I keep referring to your planning journal during my planning process!

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

Depending on the airline and the plane now, there is often not even a first class closet anymore! So don't count on this as an option. Be prepared to put the dress on top of your bags in the overhead compartment. Just try to lay it as flat as possible. (My dress was lace, and it didn't wrinkle at all, even though I had to fold it in half.

Don't remember who was flying Sunwing- But they DO NOT have closets anymore!

Like someone else said, try to board the plane at the start. Then at least you get room in the overheard compartment, and can close it. Usually people will only put stuff in when the door is still open. Good luck ladies!

In terms of the alternate locations: We were told of 2

1) a ballroom (which would also be used for the reception)

2) the back deck of the lobby, overlooking the resort. (it's where the nightly show happens) It's actually quite a nice spot (and the one that someone posted a photo of)

Thanks Murmel and Evelyn for the alternate location info.  I found some pics on my TAs website that showed this area too.  And thanks for the info on the dress storage.  I'm not worried about it as we should be one of the first to board.

Originally Posted by JennyBenz View Post

Hey ladies! So my WC has gotten to me, and I hope you all don't mind me venting a bit mad2.gif

So I've been working with WC Amanda from the Miami office and I know I'm still 11 months from our wedding- But is that a reason to take SO long to respond? Now, I was well aware going into this that I have to be patient in getting responses, and I think I've been fair. BUT, for the simplest question or two I have, she took almost 10 days to answer me! I have a slew of questions to ask her, but I feel if I send it to her a few at a time, it'll take me easily a month to have all the answers I need. Are you all experiencing this? Any suggestions? I know I could try calling, but when it comes to numbers & fees I want that all in writing so in case they try to pull a fast one, I have proof. The final straw: One question I had asked her which was very important to have an answer to ASAP b/c I couldn't book my photographer without it-  She took more than a week again to answer! [i even stressed how important it was and resent the email 3 times] I almost lost out on our photographer & I was furious.

Sorry for venting ladies, hope you understand, my apologies- just had to let it out!

[My fiance listens, but his reply is "stop worrying so much" LOL]

If you feel you really should be getting faster responses, ask to switch WC.  Elizabeth Riff is fantastic!!  Even if my questions weren't pressing, she'd get back to me quickly; even one time emailing me that she was traveling but would respond on xx date.  I would definitely stack the questions all together and email the set so she can research and get back to you unless it's something very time sensitive.  Sounds like you're not expecting much and not getting anywhere near that so I wouldn't hesitate to ask for a change in WC.  Worst they can say is 'no.'  And I agree with doing it all over email so it's in "writing."  I didn't make any phone calls.

Originally Posted by tkuzma View Post

I went searching for the last list of wedding dates, and it took awhile to find.  Thought I'd repost- sorry if it is not the most up to date!

Dori exactly 1 week to go for you! Hooray!!!

June 2012

2ndtimesacharm - June 26, 2012

THANKS!!!  3 days 'til departure!!  Can't wait and can't believe it's here already!!

Originally Posted by 2ndtimesacharm View Post

If you feel you really should be getting faster responses, ask to switch WC.  Elizabeth Riff is fantastic!!  Even if my questions weren't pressing, she'd get back to me quickly; even one time emailing me that she was traveling but would respond on xx date.  I would definitely stack the questions all together and email the set so she can research and get back to you unless it's something very time sensitive.  Sounds like you're not expecting much and not getting anywhere near that so I wouldn't hesitate to ask for a change in WC.  Worst they can say is 'no.'  And I agree with doing it all over email so it's in "writing."  I didn't make any phone calls.

I will second 2ndtimesacharm on this as well. I have been working with Elizabeth and she is amazing!! responds quickly, lets me know when she is going on vacation and when she will be back, and the best part... when I change my mind on things she doesn't get annoyed... she is truly FANTASTIC!!

Originally Posted by Mwise17 View Post

My husband and I were married at the Azul in October, and we just went on a babymoon (I am due in September) at the El Dorado, but we stayed at the Royale side vs. in the Casitas.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!  Best wishes for a healthy and uneventful pregnancy!!