Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

I have also had people ask why we are getting married on a Tuesday and I thought the same thing- everyone will be there for a week so why does it matter? I do have a few guests that are looking into coming for 5 days or so b/c they cannot be away for a week so if that is the case, it might be good to plan it closer to a weekend. That being said, we still aren't too worried about it and aren't changing it. I have a question that I am sure has been asked and answered 100 times on here but I have not came across it.... How the heck do you get all the decorations, favours, etc down there without paying the airline a million bucks in extra baggage charges? Can you mail stuff to the resort in advance?

Originally Posted by Christined View Post

I have a question that I am sure has been asked and answered 100 times on here but I have not came across it....

How the heck do you get all the decorations, favours, etc down there without paying the airline a million bucks in extra baggage charges? Can you mail stuff to the resort in advance?

My plan is that after I package everything up in boxes/suitcases and I know how much I have, I am going to distribute to BMs, mom, etc. This will obviously still cost extra, but I think it'll cost me a lot less than if I tried to bring it all down myself.

Another reason I have to distribute the "supplies" because my FI is adamant that the point of doing a DW is that you don't have to have all these extras, so he thinks I'm being ridiculous planning all these details.  Men are silly- if wedding planning was up to them, we'd be getting married in a pub undecided.gif It'll be my secret, haha.

• Like 1

Hey Christine,

we had family that could only come down for a couple of days so we decided to have the wedding on a saturday, that way they could come down for the wedding. At the end of the day its your day and you should do what you want. 

Depending on how much stuff you have you can divide it. Sunwing gave us and extra 30kg of allowance. We distributed all the breakable stuff (glass candle holders, bowls etc) between our parents and sister in law. Everything else that could be checked fit nicely in a big suitcase.

I was told not to mail anything in advance as it cannot only get lost but it can get pricey.

good luck!

Originally Posted by Christined View Post

I have also had people ask why we are getting married on a Tuesday and I thought the same thing- everyone will be there for a week so why does it matter? I do have a few guests that are looking into coming for 5 days or so b/c they cannot be away for a week so if that is the case, it might be good to plan it closer to a weekend. That being said, we still aren't too worried about it and aren't changing it.
I have a question that I am sure has been asked and answered 100 times on here but I have not came across it....
How the heck do you get all the decorations, favours, etc down there without paying the airline a million bucks in extra baggage charges? Can you mail stuff to the resort in advance?

Hi,

A quick tip, some hotels will let you pre-ship things. Check with your wedding coordinator and you may be able to ship stuff instead of dragging it on a plane.  Allow 8 weeks for shipping though as it typically takes 6 weeks to get there and better be safe.

All the best!

Has anyone brought their own wine for the reception? I just got the wine list from AS and the prices are a little ridiculous ($55 for a bottle of Malbec that I can get here for under $12). We want to have a bottle of red and white at each table but that would come out to over $1000 just for wine! We are hoping to go to town once we're there and pick up a few cases. Does anyone know if the AS allows this?

I added my date as well! :)

April 2012

Kerry872 - April 11 2012

amylou1983 - April 20th 2012

May 2012

Jennabug May 5th 2012

Mnd3A - May 19 2012

June 2012

2ndtimesacharm - June 26, 2012

July 2012

August 2012

September 2012

Jennaba3 - September 6th, 2012

October 2012

larazach - October 3, 2012

jsal4 - October 12, 2012

November 2012

December 2012

janaahb - December 12, 2012

January 2013

February 2013

tkuzma - February 7, 2013

Christined - February 12, 2013

March 2013

April 2013

slarso13-April 20, 2013

May 2013

kathryn83 - May 5, 2013

Added My Date! :)

April 2012

Kerry872 - April 11 2012

May 2012

Jennabug May 5th 2012

Mnd3A - May 19 2012

June 2012

2ndtimesacharm - June 26, 2012

July 2012

August 2012

September 2012

Jennaba3 - September 6th, 2012

October 2012

larazach - October 3, 2012

jsal4 - October 12, 2012

November 2012

December 2012

janaahb - December 12, 2012

January 2013

evac- Jan 3, 2013

February 2013

tkuzma - February 7, 2013

Christined - February 12, 2013

March 2013

April 2013

slarso13-April 20, 2013

May 2013

kathryn83 - May 5, 2013

Hi Everyone!

We will not have a lot of guests at our wedding (20ish) so we were going to do a cocktail party between the ceremony and the dinner we will have at Spoons so that we can take pictures and everyone can have a few drinks to relax. My question is what can we do after dinner? And does Spoons allow us to play any music or will it be dead silent in there? Does anyone know if there are places that will be open that we can move our party to or do you have another suggestion?

Eva

Sophie23 - April 21, 2012

Originally Posted by amylou1983 View Post

April 2012

Kerry872 - April 11 2012

May 2012

Jennabug May 5th 2012

Mnd3A - May 19 2012

June 2012

July 2012

August 2012