Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

It's been that for a few months now I think. I got lucky because I started inquiring about it when it was $500 so when it came time to pay I made them honour their previous agreement. 

Originally Posted by nursemin01 View Post

the outside vendor fee is $800 now! 

Hi! ThomasK

I believe Murmel gave you a very detailed explanation on the beach/ocean area. Unfortunately, it is rocky and nothing to brag about.

I did a site tour of Azul Sensatori around fall of last year and I did smell something funny. I only smelled it in the Premier Swim-Up section and it was ONLY at night. When I asked one of the staff what that smell was, they said it was the mosquito spray that gets turned on at night to keep the mosquitoes away. I will say I did not get bitten at all during my stay and if it has to smell a bit funny to keep those pesty things away then so be it. Every other aspect of Azul is amazing! :)

You should visit this website, which would really help you with the different packages and costs and extras you might want to add.... http://www.weddingscaribbeans.com/hotels/

Hope this helps and happy planning!! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasK View Post

Hello all,

I actually am the groom-to-be and my fiancé Jessica and I have recently began setting our eyes on the Azul Sensatori resort. This forum is so vastand in-depth I truly do not know where to begin.

A few questions/concerns we had were:

Is the beach/ocean truly un-swimable? I've been reading even with excellent reviews that the ocean is overrun with seaweed and rock making the desire to swim less than stellar.

The swim-up suites by the pool: in theory, these look awesome to me. I was in a wedding in punta Cana this past July and I remembered the hotel having these sites and I thought how convenient and cool the looked so when I saw that Azul Sensatori has them I immediately got excited. I've been treading though that a major issue with these suites is that they are swamped w mosquitos and a pretty awful smell that carries over into the rooms.

Reception fees: we are expecting between 40-50 people attending our ceremony and all of our friends/family are pretty big drinkers (ha) so we wanted to look into possibly reserving one of the restaurants for dinner after the ceremony and then just go to one of the bars for drinks. Is there anything they have set up for dancing or no? Ideally we would just bring one of our iPhones and plug it into a speaker system if possible? Another idea reception wise (again something I experienced in punta Cana) was to just rent a boat/yacht that would take us somewhere in the ocean and have a meal/drinks/swimming then return to te resort later and continue the fun at one of the bars - has anyone looked into this option or know where to look?

We currently are going through a TA who is stating they will handle every detail but I still like to research this information for myself.

I apologize if these questions have already been asked but thank you for any and all information! It is truly, truly, TRULY appreciated!

I ordered mine from Amols....and they were great!   A few were damaged beyond repair when I received them, so they offered to send new ones (there was no time)  so they gave me my $$ back.

I had ordered enough just in casers.... :)

WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!!  carsns38!  :)

Originally Posted by carsns38 View Post

Hi there,

Well I have to say that Azul Sensatori was awesome!!!  Our wedding was fantastic and the coordinators did a wonderful job.  I just wish we had more time to enjoy the resort after the wedding.  One week is just not enough.  We are now looking at going back at another time.  We need a real honeymoon....lol. 

Thanks again for everyone's advice and ideas on here!!!

H

Originally Posted by sophie23 View Post

Happy New Year!!!

I was thinking of maybe giving maracas as a favour. I know a few of you have done this and I would like to know where you bought them? In Cancun, Playa Del Carmen or from Lomas???  Any suggestion would help :)

Has anyone ordered churros at their reception?

Thanks again...101 days until I get married!!!!!!

Originally Posted by missmely View Post

hi!

I was going to order them from http://www.amols.com/ ..... I found them to be the cheapest even after shipping and taxes (I see you're in ontario) but my cousin will bring them with her (she lives in Mexico). Another option is to order them and have them shipped to buffalo to a shipping house where they will receive packages for you. I did this with a number of things... bows and organza fabric bolts from amazon.

happy planning!

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

Beautiful! Love the sparkly touches on the dress :)

Thanks murmel!

Originally Posted by Mwise17 View Post

Gorgeous Pics!!!!!!

:)

Originally Posted by Mwise17 View Post

I ordered mine from Amols....and they were great!   A few were damaged beyond repair when I received them, so they offered to send new ones (there was no time)  so they gave me my $$ back.

I had ordered enough just in casers.... :)

WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!!  carsns38!  :)

Thanks so much Mwise17!  I don't really feel any different, except when I say my husband...lol.  That's a great feeling!

H

Thank you! I tthink we will wait to buy them once we are there.

Originally Posted by carsns38 View Post

We bought our maracas from Amols and were able to get them all in one colour.  The duty was pretty steep though.  Also, it was a big pain to get our 30 large pairs down to Mexico.  We had to split them up between our parents and bridal party because they took up a lot of space.  Overall, the guests really loved them.  After a while, the shaking started to get a bit annoying, especially when my M-I-L was drunk and shaking them all the time....lol.  We made sure that the wording on our maraca card at the very end said "the bride and groom kiss tonight" but it didn't specify to kiss each other.  After we had a few kisses, we started to go out to our guests and gave them kisses on the cheek.  The kids were hiding from us at this point.  If you have a larger group, you may want to buy them there, especially with luggage restrictions.  I think they sold for 55 pesos a pair in the hotel and you may be able to get them cheaper elsewhere. With the duty, the maracas probably cost about the same price that they were in the hotel.  One maraca per person probably would have been better for us, instead of two. Or buying the smallest size available. In the end, it was fun for everyone. 

I am new to this forum and am planning a June 26, 2012 wedding.  We have a group of only 15 going so our plans are pretty basic.  I'm scouring the internet looking for pictures of the beach gazebo decorated without any shears.  Did any of you do this for your wedding?  If so, can you post a pic?  I do love the colored shears they have but am not happy about spending $100-150 for EACH shear!  Not after shelling out $800 to use my own photographer.  UGH!  I have ideas for what to hang on the corners of the gazebo but am worried it will look too plain without anything on top.

Thanks!

~Dori

Hi Dori,

We did have sheers, but we also hung a few paper lanterns in the corners for colors. Here are photos of the beach gazebos not decorated...maybe it will help give you more ideas.

These of photos of the gazebo closest to the pier:

Gazebopier.jpgGazebopier3.jpgGazebopier2.jpg

These are the pictures of the yoga palapa (about mid way down the beach). It is covered and you could likely have all your guests under it, which could be really special. It is quite large, and because it's already covered you wouldn't have to worry about the sheers.

Gazeboyoga.jpgGazeboyoga2.jpg

These are photos of the gazebo closest to the premium section. It is the smallest of the 3 gazebos. It is also covered.

Gazebopremium.jpg

Hope these photos help! If you have any more questions- just ask!

Thank you so much!!!  These pictures are very helpful.  It does look very plain without the shears.  We were going to use the yoga palapa for the ceremony but they pushed our time back to 6pm so I decided to move it to the beach.  We'll be having cocktails before the ceremony at the yoga palapa.  Thanks again!