Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Miriam....can you tell me why you didn't go with the pick and choose menu?  I am just wondering what the benefit is .... was it just choice of menu?

This friggin' menu crap is stressing me out....erghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

BangHead.gif

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

We used one of the Set Menu options. You have to choose the appetizer and dessert, then you choose 2 mains....but your guests have to make the choice 2 weeks prior to the wedding. So I sent out menu options cards with an RSVP date on it, and included a note on the bottom, that if they did not respond they would automatically get choice A. (we offered a pork dish and mahi-mahi). And don't let the WC tell you otherwise...mine was also giving me grieve, but I just told her this is how is would be done! LOL

Also I will message you later , and we'll talk dinner date! :) I ordered all the LED's and batteries from dealextreme.com Took about 2-3 weeks for it to arrive, so I should order them now to allow some time for the delivery. It was the cheapest spot we found that deliveried to Canada.

Quote:

We had a group rate for our guests, and it was for one week. We did pay for his trip (flight and hotel), but it was an all inclusive package...so a little different coming from Canada than the UK. It might be a lot more for you to bring a local photographer from the UK, since I would expect you would have pay for the flight and hotel. But perhaps look into a photographer to share with other brides that will be there the same time. You might find that if you can share the expense it becomes worthwhile. (especailly if the other brides are coming from Canada or the US, the flights will be cheaper)
http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/69198/murmel-s-planning-journal-pic-and-template-heavy Here's my planning thread.

Originally Posted by Mwise17 View Post

Will someone walk them past the two tables by the walkway? 

I am having place cards, does the wedding party make sure that everyone gets theirs?  Who "moves" the guests from your cocktail hour to your reception?  and again, do they pass the tables?

:)

THanks for the diagram, helps!!!!

The WC and staff put on the name cards on each table according to my seating chart. Most people noticed the tables in the corner and realized that's where the guest book and seating chart were and just wandered over. And the pathways are really not that close to the tables...again my diagram not at all to size LOL

Miriam....can you tell me why you didn't go with the pick and choose menu?  I am just wondering what the benefit is .... was it just choice of menu?

This friggin' menu crap is stressing me out....erghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

BangHead.gif

We just choose our menu according to what we wanted to eat. I think we just liked the sound of the set menu we choose, but really the food is wonderful there. We made our minds by simply reading the menus one by one, and thinking is this what we want- yes or no. The no menus got put to the side and I think we were left with 3 menus. From there we got a little more detailed and decided on the set menu we used. (plus it really helps that both of us really do not enjoy buffets, so we eliminated that right off the start)

Good luck! And don't get too stressed out, your guests will enjoy what is served and more importantly enjoy being there for your wedding!

Thank you very much for sharing this information with us. I have too gone for the gold wedding package. I am starting to wonder whether it is worth it. So sorry to hear you can not legalise any thing yet in U.S hope you get it sorted soon.

Originally Posted by bryteyedbride View Post

WARNING:  BRIDES SEEKING A LEGAL CEREMONY WITH AZUL SENSATORI AND LOMAS BEWARE...OVER TWO MONTHS AND THEY HAVE NOT DELIVERED THE NECESSARY PAPERWORK TRANSLATED TO ENGLISH AS PROMISED.  Be sure to keep a hard copy paper trail of everything you purchase and the email exchanges.  I'm going to have to send them to the BBB.

Ladies my husband and I paid for the gold package $3500, and a judge $500 for a legal ceremony.  We gave both of these business a lot of money as we had 38 guests, and also paid for 2 private events for 38 guests, (the BBQ Deluxe for our welcome party, and the Filet Mignon and Lobster for our wedding). 

We were married on 05/28/11 and part of what we paid for was for them to translate our legal documents from Spanish to English and fedex them to us within 30-60 days so that we could have them filed at a court house in the US and be legally married here.  To date, we still have nothing.  I sent an email to my coordinator at Lomas travel in the States and to my travel agent through destinationweddings.com on 05/26/11 because I was getting nervous.  Change of life events for insurance etc. closes after 60 days with my job. 60d days is gone.   My husband has been unable to make any changes.  One email from LOMAS checking into it in May by sending an email to LOMAS in Mexico along with my detail sheet.  It has been over a week, and nothing from destinationweddings.com. and I have not heard anything back from LOMAS.   I even went on thedw.com website this week and and sent my problem to the manager via the website, and nothing.  

I guess it is time  to go to the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint for services not delivered. VERY, VERY, VERY disappointing that after over 2 months in the US we are still NOT legally married here because we have nothing to file at the courthouse.  SHAME ON BESTDESTINATIONWEDDINGS.COM and LOMAS Travel.  What a shame it is to have had the most beautiful wedding we could imagine tainted by their dropping the ball and not seeming to care enough that we have not received an answer to this problem since bringing it to their attention on 05/26/11. 

Just a warning to anyone considering the legal ceremony.  frown.gif

:)  I am better today...lol

Maybe I am calling it something different (is it place cards?)  I am going to have a little sand box with mini umbrellas with peoples names on it and table number, but obviously someone will have to walk our guests by whereever they are placed first, so people will know where they are sitting....just want to make sure that our guests aren't going from table to table looking for their name card, when the umbrella's will tell them where to go........

re: menu....I think we are going to go with the pick and choose menu, as we liked the sound of the food...your right, when narrowing, and we want plated service, it gives us the set menu and pick and choose....so I think we got it!!!!!   :)

Thanks again!

The WC and staff put on the name cards on each table according to my seating chart. Most people noticed the tables in the corner and realized that's where the guest book and seating chart were and just wandered over. And the pathways are really not that close to the tables...again my diagram not at all to size LOL

We just choose our menu according to what we wanted to eat. I think we just liked the sound of the set menu we choose, but really the food is wonderful there. We made our minds by simply reading the menus one by one, and thinking is this what we want- yes or no. The no menus got put to the side and I think we were left with 3 menus. From there we got a little more detailed and decided on the set menu we used. (plus it really helps that both of us really do not enjoy buffets, so we eliminated that right off the start)

Good luck! And don't get too stressed out, your guests will enjoy what is served and more importantly enjoy being there for your wedding!

Here is my 2 cents!

Of all the reviews I have read, Cakes don't seem to be a strong point at karisma.  They are also crazy expensive and most people have said that not a lot of people even ate them.  So here is what I did.  When I chose my menu, I did the pick two dinner menu, but for desert, I'm having a lunch option of tres leches cake, which is a great mexican cake.  My FI and I are getting a 20 dollar cake for us, that we will cut, but that way, there still is cake!

CAKE:

what did our past lovely ladies do? or soon to be's doing? 

I am NOT spending over $500 on a cake no one will eat..........I have approx. 50 coming, would a cake for 10-20 do?  or go for the 20-30 people cake? 

CAKE:

what did our past lovely ladies do? or soon to be's doing? 

I am NOT spending over $500 on a cake no one will eat..........I have approx. 50 coming, would a cake for 10-20 do?  or go for the 20-30 people cake? 

We got a small cake (10 person?) just for the cutting of the cake. But since we had a dinner which included a dessert,  we really didn't think it was necessary to have cake as well. I think the kids ate our wedding cake LOL!

Murmel....

what size of lanterns did you order?  I am on asian ideas and there are like 10 different sizes!!!!  I love your set up, and would like similar sizes 

xo

I think we ended up using 20 laterns at the gazebo. So you would need 20 batteries (I would order a few extra, just in case some don't work...I think we had one dud in about 45), and 60 LED's (3 LEDs for each battery). Here's the best photo I have of our gazebo:

ml_680.jpg

Have tons of fun! Happy Birthday :)

Murmel....

what size of lanterns did you order?  I am on asian ideas and there are like 10 different sizes!!!!  I love your set up, and would like similar sizes 

xo

Ordered a random assortment of sizes. There were different sizes hung beside each other. I think we ordered 40...which is way too many. 20 for the gazebo was plenty! (we only used the 20 at the reception, and 4 at the wedding gazebo on the beach)  We ordered some 10", lots of 12", a few 15" and a few 18". I would not go much larger, they become difficult to pack flat in your suitcase if they are much wider (unless you have a gigantic suitcase LOL)

Hi Ladies!

I just want to start by saying that this forum is amazing!!!  I'm still reading all the previous posts, there is so much great information :)  I am also getting married at the Azul Sensatori on April 21, 2012!!!  I am so excited, and again want to thank you all for posting on this forum, it's so helpful!