Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

There has been lots of talk about the candy cane look for the sheers on the gazebo - they can be wrapped around the gazebo posts, rather than stretched over the top.  I think some girls have had to pay if they didn't want the 'candy cane'.  When I met with Claudia (on-site coordinator), I just said I wanted two white sheers, didn't specify how I wanted them placed on the gazebo.  If you are set on having them a certain way, I would bring a picture with you of how you want it to look.  This is what we ended up with, which I liked:

268778_2158431236950_1131575062_2476265_4558634_n.jpg

Originally Posted by Mwise17 View Post

Ladies...refresh my memory...

I know you need the christmas lights for the lanterns, but I recall a bunch of posts about having them in Zavaz Plaza (I think around the posts?)....do you have to bring your own? - I am also recalling some ladies saying they didn't like the candy cane look....but don't remember what that look was?

HELP...slowly losing it...too...much...wedding...planning...today!!!!

We did not do flowers for any of the parents, just the wedding party.  We had our two daughters and son in the wedding with us, so we had 3 bouquets and 2 boutonierres.  We didn't even do any floral decoration for the gazebo, just kept it plain.

Another one....is everyone purchasing bouts. for their "dads"?  as in on both sides? ( I have 3 dads coming...one step)  What about moms?? (do they wear that wrist thing? lol....??)  I am assuming we are to pick up this tab for all the parents? 

What is everyone doing for this?

Originally Posted by 1106wedding View Post

I love that you're a Jessie and Chris like me and my Fiance are!! It's a good match :) :)

Very timely comment about activities - thank you. My dad was recently asking (he can only manage a few hours of pool lounging, he needs to DO stuff). He'll for sure take advantage of the boats on the beach. Did they have little dinghys (small sailboats)? Did anyone try the cooking class? My mom would love that...

I think they have small sail boats, but they are quite fussy as to when you can take them out. Usually they say it's too windy. So plan on using the kayaks. They also have body boards and board games in the water sports cabana. I think they also had volleyballs, soccer balls, etc. for you to use.

Cooking class??? I don't think I have seen that one. They do a pizza making activity for the kids club...

Originally Posted by Rachael View Post

Murmel Your fantastic! Thank you very much for the detailed reply :) I am pleased to see that the gym is free as I had looked on Trip advisor and was quite annoyed to think we had to pay extra for the gym. Looking forward to using the kayacks! You are brill for advice...... much appreciatedcheers.gif Which photographer did you use?? We have an hour in with our wedding package with Caribe (I think!) I have been very impressed with Elizabeth Medina's pics but think she may be too expensive. I have not had a quote but I think Sensatori charge you for using an outside photographer? x

We brought a photographer with us. His name is Taylor Jackson. http://www.taylorjacksonphoto.com/blog/ Some of our photos are on the blog (you just have to scroll down a little)- Miriam and Luke.  You avoid the outside vendor fee, if the photographer is a guest of the hotel for 3 days or more. Otherwise it's now an $800 fee (yikes, used to be $500, which was horrible enough). Photos were super important to us, since a lot of family could not attend so we spent the extra money to have who we wanted. Mind you we found bringing someone down with us was not too bad in the end. I think I spent less with Taylor, than if I would have hired Elizabet Medina. 

Ladies...refresh my memory...

I know you need the christmas lights for the lanterns, but I recall a bunch of posts about having them in Zavaz Plaza (I think around the posts?)....do you have to bring your own? - I am also recalling some ladies saying they didn't like the candy cane look....but don't remember what that look was?

HELP...slowly losing it...too...much...wedding...planning...today!!!!

Melissa, for the laterns use LED throwies. Much easier to transport. Go to my planning thread for the website that we used for the batteries and LED's, super cheap and easy. I'll come meet you for dinner and we'll put them together!

Another one....is everyone purchasing bouts. for their "dads"?  as in on both sides? ( I have 3 dads coming...one step)  What about moms?? (do they wear that wrist thing? lol....??)  I am assuming we are to pick up this tab for all the parents? 

What is everyone doing for this?

We only had one mom and dad, so we did a bout and a wrist corsage. But really there are no rules, do as you see fit. Luke's mom wore her flower on her dress instead of wrist. If you do choose to buy everyone flowers, yes- you would be expected to pay for them. But again you don't have to do anything at all.

Happy Wedding Day!!!!

Originally Posted by herbie76 View Post

Hi ladies well I'm here in sunny Mexico and I have 1 more day till we wed. Changed plans and am now getting married on the rooftop more private than the beach (no joggers). I've seen a few weddings not sure if it's anyone from here. We have doremix as our Dj met them the other day they seem very nice, and we're using Carbie so will let you know how that goes.

Awwwwwwwww...for real???

That would be so awesome!!!!

I am making a bunch of things for my wedding, but for some reason this project is making me feel overwhelmed!!??

Your the best!

xo

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

I think they have small sail boats, but they are quite fussy as to when you can take them out. Usually they say it's too windy. So plan on using the kayaks. They also have body boards and board games in the water sports cabana. I think they also had volleyballs, soccer balls, etc. for you to use.

Cooking class??? I don't think I have seen that one. They do a pizza making activity for the kids club...

We brought a photographer with us. His name is Taylor Jackson. http://www.taylorjacksonphoto.com/blog/ Some of our photos are on the blog (you just have to scroll down a little)- Miriam and Luke.  You avoid the outside vendor fee, if the photographer is a guest of the hotel for 3 days or more. Otherwise it's now an $800 fee (yikes, used to be $500, which was horrible enough). Photos were super important to us, since a lot of family could not attend so we spent the extra money to have who we wanted. Mind you we found bringing someone down with us was not too bad in the end. I think I spent less with Taylor, than if I would have hired Elizabet Medina. 

Melissa, for the laterns use LED throwies. Much easier to transport. Go to my planning thread for the website that we used for the batteries and LED's, super cheap and easy. I'll come meet you for dinner and we'll put them together!

We only had one mom and dad, so we did a bout and a wrist corsage. But really there are no rules, do as you see fit. Luke's mom wore her flower on her dress instead of wrist. If you do choose to buy everyone flowers, yes- you would be expected to pay for them. But again you don't have to do anything at all.

Girls..I am trying to nail down the menu, and am only getting more confused...I thought that there was an option where you could have your guests choose between two main dishes?  (what option was this?) - when I asked the Miami WC this is what I got....

Hi Melissa,

The petite gourmet is a buffet style menu.  You will receive everything on that menu.

For the set menu you will need to choose one appetizer, one main course, and one dessert.  Everyone will eat the same entrees. 

Call me if you have more questions.  The menus can get a bit confusing! 

Tell her you want to choose the pick & choose menu. This is for a private dinner and usually costs about $17-22 per person. We chose the Filet Mignon and Mahi-Mahi for our guests to choose from. 

Or you can ask her to send to send you the banquet menu, it's in there somewhere :)

Girls..I am trying to nail down the menu, and am only getting more confused...I thought that there was an option where you could have your guests choose between two main dishes?  (what option was this?) - when I asked the Miami WC this is what I got....

Hi Melissa,

The petite gourmet is a buffet style menu.  You will receive everything on that menu.

For the set menu you will need to choose one appetizer, one main course, and one dessert.  Everyone will eat the same entrees. 

Call me if you have more questions.  The menus can get a bit confusing!