Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

congrats!  beautiful pics!!

:)

Originally Posted by ginnigurl View Post

Hey girls!!!  Things are finally settling down and getting back to normal after our June 4th wedding at Azul Fives... for those of you that remember, we booked and Sensatori, but did not block rooms and it sold out... so we made the choice to switch.  Azul Fives is beautiful and the staff was wonderful.... it went by soooooooo fast!!!!  I would secretly have to stay I still wish we had been at Sensatori, but the wedding would not have been the same without the additonal friends and family, including the photographer!  (We did miss the beach views from our room, but had a 2nd floor penthouse that had good views.... also, the place was only at about 20% capacitiy, nearly deserted - but we did get lots of attention from the staff.....  just a few of the pros/cons)....  I just couldn't bear to leave this AZS Forum, because you have all been so wonderful (Extra kudos to Murmel, Maggie and Jamie!)

Getting caught up on posts, some gorgeous brides and pictures!!!  Congrats to all! 

I will work on a review and here are a few pictures from Portraits by Jody.

DSC_0340bwht.jpg

DSC_00794x6.jpg

(Only comment on this one is that the the chairs were not supposed to have the bows until the reception, because the color was more aqua then my tiffany blue)

DSC_03314x6.jpg

IMG_5266.jpg

Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post

Bigboponthebeach

WELCOME!!! Your wedding looked so awesome! I am so happy it went well! Still have to read the review but I am sure it's very simular expereinces to us other past brides. CONGRATS again!!!!!

I did them on Shutterfly, Look under Announcements and they have a ton of templetes. I feel in love with these and everyone raved about them!

Thanks Maggie!  For the compliment, as well as for the details regarding your announcements!  ;-)

Originally Posted by 1106wedding View Post

bigboponthebeach - THANK YOU for such a thorough review. I loved how you walked me through your experience. Being a type-a planner (I do corporate events for a living), I am aware that my wedding won't be absolutely perfect in every sense. Part of the reason we booked so far away is so that I couldn't micromanage every detail and I'd have to let some things go. It's healthy for me this way, yet it is difficult. The planning process has been very enjoyable overall for me in general, I'm just happy being engaged! I want to enjoy every minute of this 13-month period because it only happens once. Now that I am less than 4 months away from my wedding date, I'm starting to talk details with my WC (Erika Torres) and I know this is when it might get a little tougher. I'm going to try my best to keep everything in perspective. 

Regarding your review, a couple comments/questions for you (if anyone else knows, chime in!):

*I too booked with a GI consultant who works for DW.com, she's been great. Did you know they were going to upgrade your room? I currently have an ocean view suite in the Azul section, but I'd love to get the honeymoon suite with the big balcony. SInce I'm getting married on the skydeck, I need to be in building 3, otherwise I would've looked into getting a room in the premium section. 

*do you know if none of my guests are booked in premium (they aren't any yet), do we not get to use that pool? Are they strict?

*YOU ARE SO LUCKY TO HAVE HAD ELIZABETH! She wasn't available for my date. You can 100% be assured you have gorgeous pics!

*Speaking of vendors, did you have to pay for a day pass for them (I hope not, they're working!) - did you just buy them dinner? 

*Spekaing of dinner, what menu did you have? I'm leaning towards the pick and choose dinner (choice of 2 entrees, selected ahead of time). The timing of service concerned me. How many guests did you have? We're looking to be around 50-55.

*Tell me about the alcohol selection. When I had my tour with Claudia, she told me grey goose was available. I since told all my guests in a bragging-manner. I have since found out that they may not in fact have it..and you said they don't have patron? What DO they have? We may need to pay our lomas driver a tip to stop at the local liquor store first! I was thinking of putting little bottles of booze in guests welcome bag too :)

*I am VERY particular about our ceremony script and I want to pre-request an officiant. Hearing that you did and then it didn't happen makes me want to ask a friend to marry us instead. Does anyone know if they're okay with that?

*Grooms suite - did you pay for one night for him (it wasn't part of your package, right?)

*EDM - do  you have a picture of the room you booked? We're still in the market. We thought we had our picture perfect room booked (at La Reve, a bungalow) and then they became booked with a wedding. BOOOOO (well for us, not for the wedding party), so bummed...

*I can't wait to see your pictures and video!!!! I know they will be amazing. 

Congrats again on a great experience (overall) and thank you so much for your words of wisdom and advice!

Jessie

Jessie, I'm sorry for the late reply.  In the future, please feel free to PM because I've been really bad about getting on the pc when I get home from work late.  I guess I'm still in "Honeymoon mode,"..... no telephones, tv, or pc's.  ;-)  Although some of the other girls answered most of your questions, I will share what I'm aware of.  Please keep in mind though that regardless of my reply, your day as well as your visit at AS will be phenomenal!!!  Don't get hung up on the small stuff, most of it will not matter on your special day.  Honestly, the only reason I recall most of the things that I shared with you all is because I was conciously trying to remember things in preparation for sharing and a review.  It was very bittersweet for me though, because I didn't want to deter any of your future brides from being excited or losing focus on the bigger picture....so please forgive me if I have caused you any doubt or uneasiness.  :-)  My replies are in orange.....

I too booked with a GI consultant who works for DW.com, she's been great. Did you know they were going to upgrade your room? I currently have an ocean view suite in the Azul section, but I'd love to get the honeymoon suite with the big balcony. SInce I'm getting married on the skydeck, I need to be in building 3, otherwise I would've looked into getting a room in the premium section. 

We did not know that they were going to upgrade our room.  It was a complete surprise to/for both of us.  I too am with Murmel, where your room is located won't play any part and will have minimal affect on your ceremony location.  The resort is not that large where walking to your room to freshen' up will be an issue for you.  We married on the beach near the pier and I had to walk past two buildings and past Spoons and such to reach the walkway for our location.  It was no issue at all.  Additionally, they wanted us to go away privately for a few minutes before our ceremony so that they could introduce and announce us formally to our guests at the reception.  We had our "grand entrance" but prior to that there was ample time for us to go up to his room and freshen up, take some shots, and for him to bustle my dress.  Don't sweat whatever bldg they place you in, I have stayed at resorts that required golf carts to get from one in to the other and I honestly don't think Karisma has any resorts of that scale or size. 

*do you know if none of my guests are booked in premium (they aren't any yet), do we not get to use that pool? Are they strict?

I just typed a really long reply here and it was deleted.  :-(  Anywho, bottom line, I am with Maggie on this one.... they aren't strict and if you want access to this area, just ensure that you have a room number to provide them with.  As long as your guest are well behaved and considerate of other guests within their vacinity, the AS Staff want you and your guests to enjoy yourself, tip away, and hopefully return someday. 

*YOU ARE SO LUCKY TO HAVE HAD ELIZABETH! She wasn't available for my date. You can 100% be assured you have gorgeous pics!

Thank you.  We loved her and found her to be one of the kindest and sweetest professionals we have ever worked with or hired.  I am still singing her praises and have yet to see one photo.  :-)  I am convinced that her loving energy shows through in her work.

*Speaking of vendors, did you have to pay for a day pass for them (I hope not, they're working!) - did you just buy them dinner? 

No day passes for the vendors.  You do have to pay the vendor fee for them though.  We bought everyone but our DJ and their crew dinner, which was suggested by the AS WC's.

*Spekaing of dinner, what menu did you have? I'm leaning towards the pick and choose dinner (choice of 2 entrees, selected ahead of time). The timing of service concerned me. How many guests did you have? We're looking to be around 50-55.

We had the pick and choose dinner and we chose fish and chicken for our guests.  Some of our guests didn't reply so we chse for them and let them work it out with whomever they were seated near if they wanted to trade.  We had 43 guests. I don't know why they were so late / slow to serve them, but it was odd.  Nonetheless, everyone ate and in the end it was all fine.

*Tell me about the alcohol selection. When I had my tour with Claudia, she told me grey goose was available. I since told all my guests in a bragging-manner. I have since found out that they may not in fact have it..and you said they don't have patron? What DO they have? We may need to pay our lomas driver a tip to stop at the local liquor store first! I was thinking of putting little bottles of booze in guests welcome bag too :)

We too bragged about the liquor and I will say that was one of our let downs.  I didn't see Grey Goose and we asked directly for Patron and were told they did not serve it.  They kept offering us, "Hornitos."  We brought our own bottle of Patron, which we purchased at the airport after coming through customs and when we ran out, we caught a cab into Cancun and purchased more.  They have the following liquor:

RUM
Bacardi
Ron de Coco Kalani
Appleton
Appleton Special

VODKA
Absolut
Absolut Citron
Stolichnaya
Smirnoff
Skol Raspberry
Skol Apple
Skol Orange
Skol Vanilla

Wine of the House
and Sparkling

TEQUILA
Cuervo Especial
Centenario Reposado
Jimador
Jimador Reposado
Don Nacho

BEER
Tecate
Tecate Light
Sol
Dos Equis

GIN
Beefeaters

BRANDYS
Fundador
Don Pedro
Martel V.S.

WHISKEY
Jack Daniel
Jim Beam
Canadian Club
Black Velvet
Etiqueta Roja
Etiqueta Negra
J & B

CREAMS AND LIQUOR
Sambuca D´Amore
Curacao
Peach Liqueur
Amaretto Mr. Boston
Brogan´s Irish Cream
Vermuth Martini Rojo
Dry Martini
Sweet Martin
Orange Liqueur
Apple Liqueur
Watermelon Liqueur
Kahlua
Melon Liqueur Mr. Boston
Coffe Liqueur Kamel
Mint Liqueur
Liqueur 43
Cherry Liqueur Kamel

Includes blended drinks and wine of the house by glass

*I am VERY particular about our ceremony script and I want to pre-request an officiant. Hearing that you did and then it didn't happen makes me want to ask a friend to marry us instead. Does anyone know if they're okay with that?

They are fine with friend marrying you.  I am not sure of what your friend's qualifications have to be, but I am sure if you discuss this with your WC, you can obtain the details.  Another word of advice I will offer is if you want something, don't ask... just politely state that you would like that of you will be doing etc. and ask what needs to be done to make that happen or if they need anything from you to make that happen.  For example, I would tell your WC, "Our friend John Doe will be performing our marriage ceremony rather than the officiant that comes with our package.  Is there anything that you need from us other than his name and is there anything you need him to complete or sign in advance."  Always poliltey tell them what you want or intend to do rather than ask.  They will let you know if it is issue and you can go from there.  Kindess goes a long way when dealing with them, as they are very laid back and easy going.

*Grooms suite - did you pay for one night for him (it wasn't part of your package, right?)

We did not pay for one night for him, it was part of our package.  They asked us during our onsite meeting if we wanted this and since we did, they provided it.  They gave him a Honeymoon Suite right above mine/ours, which I found odd considering they said they were booked.  We didn't complain though, because he and his fellas enjoyed it.  :-)

*EDM - do  you have a picture of the room you booked? We're still in the market. We thought we had our picture perfect room booked (at La Reve, a bungalow) and then they became booked with a wedding. BOOOOO (well for us, not for the wedding party), so bummed...

Give me a few and I'll see what I can did up.

*I can't wait to see your pictures and video!!!! I know they will be amazing. 

Me either, I am BEYOND anxious and check both of their sites daily in hopes of a sneak peek! :-)

Congrats again on a great experience (overall) and thank you so much for your words of wisdom and advice!

Your very welcome....... Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions from me and that way I will know to hop on here more frequently.

Originally Posted by Mwise17 View Post

Jesse...your questions are raising questions of my own.....

1. I recall someone saying on here they don't do a rehersal for the ceremony, they meet up with the groom to go over a few things before hand (which scares me a little, Chris won't be on the most up and up like I would be, you know?)

My wedding party aren freaking out a little...especially my german bridesmaid (they dont' have a wedding party in Germany).  Did any of you ladies just do one of your own?  Will they do one if you request it??  (does that mean you decide who stands/sits where....is there a side the bride is supposed to be on vs. the groom???)

2.  Premium alcohol:  Is it served at any/every bar?  You just have to request it?  (does this include the private functions?)  Is it of extra cost?

3.  Traveling with Alcohol....how does this work?  Do you just put it in your luggage???  (or did you buy it at the airport?)...I NEVER buy liqour at the airport, nor have traveled with it, so have no clue. huh.gif

4.  Sunset:  I looked up sunsets in October, and it says 6:15(ISH)  - We are having our cocktail reception on the beach, and the dinner/reception will follow at 7pm......do you there will still be some sort of light at around 7pm?  or does 6:15p sunset mean its gone at that time?   If its dark, do I need to worry about lighting on the beach?????  Does anyone know what the beach lighting options are?  (do they automatically do it for a private function?) - what do they have?

1.  I agree with you and this caused me a little concern initially, but it all worked out fine.  They told my Husband to wait by the Mojito Bar at 4:30 with all of our guests and they would take him and our guests down to the ceremony site.  Our  wedding was scheduled for 5:00pm and I thought we would need more "prep" time, but it all worked out fine and even though my walk down the aisle was my first time meeting the officiant and walking "the aisle,"  it all fell in place just fine and there really wasn't much that we needed to know.  If you really feel like you will need a rehearsal, just do a mock one without the WC's when you arrive and your ceremony site is vacant.  It's really no biggie, and if you feel there are details you need to tell the WC's, just call them from your room prior to your ceremony and ask them if you can come by there office and give them some qucik details.  Don't sweat or stress this, it was not be an issue unless there is something unique or peticular you would like to occur, in which case you can share that with your WC.

2.  I saw most of what I listed above, but keep in mind that it didn't bother us much.  We came prepared with what we love, Patron, and all was fine.  It was a few of guests who were not pleased and we did what we could to help them out and after that, we just enjoyed ourselves.  This really won't be an issue either, just ask for double shots or request that they make your drink really strong.

3.  I would not suggest that you travel with alcohol.  I don't know how this will fare with customs not to mention if it will even make it give the possiblity of the glass breaking or your liquid spilling.  There is a liquor store in the airport right near baggage claim.  They sell all of the top shelf and premium liquor and if this is a big issue for you and your FI, you can always purchase it there and take it to AS as we did.  When we ran out, we just went to Cancun and restocked.  Honestly, we were only interested in Patron for all of our shots becasue it is the only one tequila that doesn't give me a hangover.

4.  Sorry, I have no clue here.....

Originally Posted by Jessie View Post

Ok, now I'm getting irritated.  I was told that I DJ Doremixx is not allowed at the resort.  How many of you upcoming brides have booked them?  Has anyone else been told no for DJ Doremixx?

I refuse to pay $1500 for their (seemingly) crappy preferred DJ!!

This is odd.  Did you ask why or did they tell you a reason?  Do you have a TA?  If you booked Doremixx already, you might consider getting your TA involved.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maritza919 View Post

I booked him before they we're banned too. I just sent my wc an email because I had heard new brides can not book him. Wanted to make sure eveything was still on. Still have to pay the outside vendor fee.

Just ensure that your WC includes his name on your detail sheet and all should be good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tundeneha View Post

Just to give you a sneak peek at what you will see...

Beautiful!!!!!  Congrats!!!  Love all of the colors, they really make your pictures pop!

Originally Posted by ginnigurl View Post

Hey girls!!!  Things are finally settling down and getting back to normal after our June 4th wedding at Azul Fives... for those of you that remember, we booked and Sensatori, but did not block rooms and it sold out... so we made the choice to switch.  Azul Fives is beautiful and the staff was wonderful.... it went by soooooooo fast!!!!  I would secretly have to stay I still wish we had been at Sensatori, but the wedding would not have been the same without the additonal friends and family, including the photographer!  (We did miss the beach views from our room, but had a 2nd floor penthouse that had good views.... also, the place was only at about 20% capacitiy, nearly deserted - but we did get lots of attention from the staff.....  just a few of the pros/cons)....  I just couldn't bear to leave this AZS Forum, because you have all been so wonderful (Extra kudos to Murmel, Maggie and Jamie!)

Getting caught up on posts, some gorgeous brides and pictures!!!  Congrats to all! 

I will work on a review and here are a few pictures from Portraits by Jody.

Congrats!!!

Me again!  So we brought back all of our wedding stuff, which has been sitting in our travel trunk since our return and we have no use for it.  We have decided to sell our remaining items, because everything is in great condition and some things werenâ€t even used.  Before I offer up these items to the entire forum and place them on the “For Sale†thread, I figured Iâ€d offer them up to my fellow AS Brides first.  I will post them on the main forum “For Sale†thread this coming Friday if not needed by any AS brides.  If you are interested in purchasing any items, please send me a PM with your zip code and I will provide the shipping cost.  Our main color was burnt orange and we used monochrome shades of orange as our accent colors.  Our theme consisted of burnt orange accented by monochrome shades of orange, sugar starfish, and raffia.  Here is a list of what we have remaining:

Lanterns:

1. Burnt Orange 20 inch [7 available]                                                                    $2 / each
  2. Burnt Orange 12 inch [4 available]                                                                    $1/ each
  3. Orange 16 inch [4 available]                                                                               $1.50 / each
  4. Orange 12 inch [4 available]                                                                               $1 / each

Unused and still in original packaging:

1. Burnt Orange 12 inch [3 available]                                                                     $2 / each
  2. Yellow 12 inch [4 available]                                                                                 $2 / each

***Iâ€d prefer to sell at least or 6 more lanterns per purchase so that we arenâ€t making numerous trips to the Post Office. J

Sand:

1. 1 pound bag of unopened “Natural†colored sand for Sand Ceremony.         $4  

Real Touch Flowers:

1. Burnt Orange Calla Lily Corsages [2 available] Unused                                   $10/each
  2. Burnt Orange Calla Lily Boutonniere [1 available] Unused                              $ 8
  3. Burnt Orange Calla Lily Groomâ€s Boutonniere (small starfish attached)         $10
  4. Burnt Orange Calla Lily Bridal Bouquet                                                             $120.00          

***Below are pictures of our actual flowers.  The groomâ€s boutonniere is exactly the same as the one pictured below however it does not have the green floral accents attached.

Flowers Edited Bouquet3.jpg

Flowers Edited Corsages 1.jpg

Flowers Edited Grooms Boutonniere 2.jpg

Organza Sheers:

1. Burnt Orange Organza Gazebo Sheer                                                                 $25
  2. Orange Organza Gazebo Sheer                                                                            $25
  3. Burnt Orange Organza Chair Sash [35 available]                                               $0.75 / each or $25 for all 35            
  4. Orange Organza Chair Sash [42 available]                                                          $0.75 / each or $30 for all 42

***Below is a picture of our actual ceremony sheers:

Mexico Bettina 546.jpg

Flower Girl Basket:

1. White wicker basket with raffia around it and one sugar starfish on the front   $10

***Below are pictures of our actual ceremony flower girl basket:

KLove

flower girl basket 2.JPG

Aisle Starfish:

1. Sugar Starfish 8 to 9 7/8 inches each [6 available]                                                 $2 / each or $10 for all

***With raffia for hanging attached.  Raffia can be easily removed if desired.

Sugar Starfish Aisle Accents.jpg

Bubbles:

1. Small orange plastic bottles.  Unused and in original box [48 total]                    $4 for all

Box of Bubbles in Orange Plastic Bottles.JPG

Batteries (for LED throwies):

1. 3 volt lithium batteries [93 available]                                                                      $0.27 each or $25 for all

***Iâ€d prefer to sell at least or 50 more batteries per purchase to prevent making numerous trips to the Post Office. J

Lights (for LED throwies):

1. 10 mm white diffused LED light bulbs: [93 available]                                           $0.30 each or $27 for all

***Iâ€d prefer to sell at least or 50 more LED light bulbs per purchase to prevent making numerous trips to the Post Office. J

Veil:

1. Richard Designs ivory 65†single tier 72†wide fingertip veil.  Unused, in original packaging, with tags still attached.  I paid $199.00 w/out tax for this veil from a Bridal Boutique called In the Olde Manner.  The day of our wedding, it was too windy to wear it, so I passed on the veil and just left it enclosed in its bag.  I can sell this veil for $150. 

Landyards:

1. 3 Lanyards w/ 3 Clear Badge Holders                                                                    Free w/ any purchase over $15

Where did you get the sheer panels for the gazebo? That is exactly how we want ours set up and I'm sure they are less expensive to buy then rent at the resort. Also, when you mean LED lights are you referring to those little tea lights that are battery operated? 

Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post

Me again!  So we brought back all of our wedding stuff, which has been sitting in our travel trunk since our return and we have no use for it.  We have decided to sell our remaining items, because everything is in great condition and some things werenâ€t even used.  Before I offer up these items to the entire forum and place them on the “For Sale†thread, I figured Iâ€d offer them up to my fellow AS Brides first.  I will post them on the main forum “For Sale†thread this coming Friday if not needed by any AS brides.  If you are interested in purchasing any items, please send me a PM with your zip code and I will provide the shipping cost.  Our main color was burnt orange and we used monochrome shades of orange as our accent colors.  Our theme consisted of burnt orange accented by monochrome shades of orange, sugar starfish, and raffia.  Here is a list of what we have remaining:

Lanterns:

1. Burnt Orange 20 inch [7 available]                                                                    $2 / each
  2. Burnt Orange 12 inch [4 available]                                                                    $1/ each
  3. Orange 16 inch [4 available]                                                                               $1.50 / each
  4. Orange 12 inch [4 available]                                                                               $1 / each

Unused and still in original packaging:

1. Burnt Orange 12 inch [3 available]                                                                     $2 / each
  2. Yellow 12 inch [4 available]                                                                                 $2 / each

***Iâ€d prefer to sell at least or 6 more lanterns per purchase so that we arenâ€t making numerous trips to the Post Office. J

Sand:

1. 1 pound bag of unopened “Natural†colored sand for Sand Ceremony.         $4  

Real Touch Flowers:

1. Burnt Orange Calla Lily Corsages [2 available] Unused                                   $10/each
  2. Burnt Orange Calla Lily Boutonniere [1 available] Unused                              $ 8
  3. Burnt Orange Calla Lily Groomâ€s Boutonniere (small starfish attached)         $10
  4. Burnt Orange Calla Lily Bridal Bouquet                                                             $120.00          

***Below are pictures of our actual flowers.  The groomâ€s boutonniere is exactly the same as the one pictured below however it does not have the green floral accents attached.

Flowers Edited Bouquet3.jpg

Flowers Edited Corsages 1.jpg

Flowers Edited Grooms Boutonniere 2.jpg

Organza Sheers:

1. Burnt Orange Organza Gazebo Sheer                                                                 $25
  2. Orange Organza Gazebo Sheer                                                                            $25
  3. Burnt Orange Organza Chair Sash [35 available]                                               $0.75 / each or $25 for all 35            
  4. Orange Organza Chair Sash [42 available]                                                          $0.75 / each or $30 for all 42

***Below is a picture of our actual ceremony sheers:

Mexico Bettina 546.jpg

Flower Girl Basket:

1. White wicker basket with raffia around it and one sugar starfish on the front   $10

***Below are pictures of our actual ceremony flower girl basket:

KLove

flower girl basket 2.JPG

Aisle Starfish:

1. Sugar Starfish 8 to 9 7/8 inches each [6 available]                                                 $2 / each or $10 for all

Bubbles:

1. Small orange plastic bottles.  Unused and in original box [48 total]                    $4 for all

Box of Bubbles in Orange Plastic Bottles.JPG

Batteries (for LED throwies):

1. 3 volt lithium batteries [93 available]                                                                      $0.27 each or $25 for all

***Iâ€d prefer to sell at least or 50 more batteries per purchase to prevent making numerous trips to the Post Office. J

Lights (for LED throwies):

1. 10 mm white diffused LED light bulbs: [93 available]                                           $0.30 each or $27 for all

***Iâ€d prefer to sell at least or 50 more LED light bulbs per purchase to prevent making numerous trips to the Post Office. J

Veil:

1. Richard Designs ivory 65†single tier 72†wide fingertip veil.  Unused, in original packaging, with tags still attached.  I paid $199.00 w/out tax for this veil from a Bridal Boutique called In the Olde Manner.  The day of our wedding, it was too windy to wear it, so I passed on the veil and just left it enclosed in its bag.  I can sell this veil for $150. 

Landyards:

1. 3 Lanyards w/ 3 Clear Badge Holders                                                                    Free w/ any purchase over $15

Ladies, I need a quick opinion.... I just finalized my seating chart. We have 48 guests coming and were doing 6 tables of 8 people. Since it's a small wedding, I am putting families together instead of doing traditional all wedding party sits together, etc. Plus, my parents recently go a divorce so I am trying to make things as least akward for them and myself lol. But this means putting my dad, his girlfriend with my brother and my in-laws friend with his family. I don't think this should be a problem because my dad knows this guy but doesn't know his family. 

Any thoughts? I just don't think I can set it up any other way to avoid conflict and also to keep everyone else happy. 

I wanted to book, him was told no, saw that other girls did and eventually got it my way.  i felt the same, I wasn't going to pay 1500 for a crappy DJ that they wouldn't tell me who it is, or 800 for 5 hours with Doremixx.  Its cheaper with the outside vendor fee (at least when I paid).  when I called, I didn't call my WC directly, I called the hotline and asked about it anonomously and then argued that several brides had him, why couldn't I?  It worked for me, and I think others.  Not sure what the problem was with them in the first place.

Good Luck!

Originally Posted by Jessie View Post

Ok, now I'm getting irritated.  I was told that I DJ Doremixx is not allowed at the resort.  How many of you upcoming brides have booked them?  Has anyone else been told no for DJ Doremixx?

I refuse to pay $1500 for their (seemingly) crappy preferred DJ!!

I love these!  I think I need more than 6 though.  Unless they do 6 rows of 4 chairs each, then that would work for us.  Does anyone know how they usually do the chair set up?

Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post

Aisle Starfish:

Girls,

I'm having a really difficult time finding a wedding dress!  Everything is SO heavy and non-beachy.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I saw a few pretty Maggie Sottero's online but can't find them locally either!

Thanks!

Thanks!  I think I've got it worked out and they will allow me to have DJ Doremixx.

What about the mariachis?  Has anyone else booked them?  Does anyone know if we are allowed to use outside mariachis?  Of course, AS/Lomas charges more than DOUBLE what all other mariachis in the area, but I think my contract only specifies that an outside vendor can only be used for DJ, photography, and/or videography (for the small outside vendor fee, of course).

Originally Posted by KerryL613 View Post

I wanted to book, him was told no, saw that other girls did and eventually got it my way.  i felt the same, I wasn't going to pay 1500 for a crappy DJ that they wouldn't tell me who it is, or 800 for 5 hours with Doremixx.  Its cheaper with the outside vendor fee (at least when I paid).  when I called, I didn't call my WC directly, I called the hotline and asked about it anonomously and then argued that several brides had him, why couldn't I?  It worked for me, and I think others.  Not sure what the problem was with them in the first place.

Good Luck!