Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Originally Posted by MandM 2011 View Post

Hi Popo - thanks for the info!

I am leaning that direction myself but I am trying to find a place where we can block 30-40 rooms (70-80 people) but still keep an intimate feel rather than feel like we are st Disneyworld...

FYI, I spoke to one of the WC that Sensatori uses in Miama, her name was Elizabeth Riff - seemed very honet and talked about the pros and cons quite openly.

She had not been to the resrots and was relying on her colleagues and customers for reviews but is going this week-end to check them all out.

My travel agent, whom I trust implicitly, has booked many people there and has heard nothing but great things - EXCEPT, there are no beachview rooms, rather a 5 minute walk to the beach from the "jungle", but if that doesn't bother you - everything else seems top notch.

My hesitation with Sensatori is that it is such a HUGE resort that I am worried that we will feel like we are on a production wedding belt, with one after the other...Elizabeth did confirm that it id not uncommon to have a wedding everyday of your visit - YOUCH!  I want it to at least feel intimate.

Another locale that my agent recommended was Dreams Tulum or Cancun (which is NOT in Cancun, don't worry).  My only complaint so far there, is that the food, to me, was well below what Sensatori offers - much less choice and more expensive.

FYI, I stayed at the Bahia Principe, about 8 years ago and simply fell in love with Tulum, the beaches, the people and the ruins...had the most amazing Scuba Diving experience as well.

Fellow sisters, please respond to my statements above if you have found anything different or better!!!

SO EXCITED :) Woo Hoo!!!

Sensatori is really an inimate feel, it only has 440 rooms (compared to Dreams Tulum which has almost 800) Bahia Principe I think is about 800-1000 rooms as well.

The beach might not be as nice as it is down in Tulum, but the food is far better than any other resort I have been to in the area.

As for the wedding every day (I think they can host a maximum of 2 a day), you will not feel less special or inimate. I don't think we even noticed all the other events going on during the week of our stay. The staff and hotel are wonderful at making you the most important person, and making sure your events are perfect!

Good luck with your decision.

OMG - could you girls rock anymore???!!!

Thanks for the feedback, I feel a lot better now.

Quick Q - when you say the beach is not as nice, can you please elaborate a little?

I have been in Tulum and the beaches are breathtaking, how far down the scale are we talking re: Sensatori?

White Sand, Crazy Blue ocean, wide enough beach?

Thanks again - I LOVE this site :)

Hey May 7th Weekend Ladies!  I have no idea if rooms are still available this weekend or not, but I just wanted to let you know I did not use all of the Royal Suites, and I can get you some if you want.  They are in the premium section... both regulars and swimups.  If your interested just PM me the dates and I'll let you know the prices!

Look inro Azul Beach!  Very intimate.  Now they have only 98 rooms but are adding more and will have 130 rooms within the next few months.  My daughter is getting married there in May and it's an amazing resort.  Look on trip advisor for reviews.  Good luck!

Hi!

I was wondering if you could tell me more about your Welcome Party. We are going to have one but haven't made any final decisions and your idea sounds great! What time are you having it at? Will it be on the beach? Are you having a private event?

What is the bridal portrait?

One more question...What gifts are you getting for your parents?

Thanks so much!  cheesy.gif

Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post

Hi Ladies! This weekend I have a big DYI weekend with my best friend. We are getting everything organized for the OOT bags!

I really don't have too much left to do for the big day:

1. Menu Cards for the tables at my Welcome Party

2. Nail down the rest of the reception and Welcome party music and start getting it loaded on the IPOD

3. Put together one OOT bag and make sure we have everything

4. Get our gifts for the parents

5. Write up the games for the Welcome party (We are doing beer pong, flip cup, it's like one of those old school beach party we went to in college)

6. Get our Marriage license

7. Get legally married here in the states

8. Go for my now final fitting

9. Get my bridal portrait done here in Houston

10. Philly Bachlorette next weekend!

I am sure will think of a dozen more things!

My Welcome party is the Mexican Donkey Cocktail 2 hour private event. It's on the beach and we are basically using it for a chance to have everyone at the wedding meet each other before the reception. There are many different groups of people from my FI and Life that have never met. Plus our parents have never met each other so I figure the welcome party is for everyone to get together and relax.

The bridal Portrait is with a local photographer here in Houston. I really wanted some good pictures of me in my dress without all the hurry up and take pictures rush of between the wedding and the reception. Also our "kids" The dogs are not coming to Mexico and I really wanted to get a couple photos with the dogs. Basically it is another excuse to wear my dress, get my hair and makeup done and strutt around the local park here in Houston!

Gifts we got Parents:

My step Dad is getting 4 tickets to a Penn State Game this year. he is a big fan and they live in the area.

My mom I had a braclet made from a jeweler friend here in houston. It's has both my brother and my birthstones and is her style

FI Mom - Same thing. having a braclet made with the birthstones of her three boys

FI Dad - New golf club. Not sure which one My FI picked it out

My brother who is walking me down the aisle and is my witness since I don't have bridesmaids - Haven't found anything yet

FI brother who is his best man - We are getting a couple outfits for him since he lives in London and he complains how expensive clothes are so we got him a bunch of new slacks and shirts. Not too touching but we are more practical people. LOL

Originally Posted by melfaybik View Post

Hi!

I was wondering if you could tell me more about your Welcome Party. We are going to have one but haven't made any final decisions and your idea sounds great! What time are you having it at? Will it be on the beach? Are you having a private event?

What is the bridal portrait?

One more question...What gifts are you getting for your parents?

Thanks so much!  cheesy.gif

I asked my daughter's wedding coordinator in Miami about this specific question and she said that they would do the same thing as the legal ceremony if that is what we wanted and that is what my daughter wants since no one will know (except me) that they were already married in the states.  Sorry for the long sentence!!  You do have to tell them that you want this done, though!  Hope that helps!