Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Hey ladies,

So sorry I have been MIA but once the wedding is over everything that you put off till later comes crashing back.  So I'm now officially caught up and should have my review posted here soon.  One thing that I did that I've shared with Jaime was I packed a suitcase with everything I needed fro the wedding and ceremony set up.  So when I got there, as many of you will read later in my review, i had tons of things to take care of! So it was wonderful that I had planned ahead and paid the extra $30 to check an extra bag!  When I went to the onsite meeting I took the one suitcase and showed them everything inside and how I wanted it.  I then gave them the suitcase and didn't worry about it anymore.  If the sashes and runners needed ironing, they must have taken care of it, because they were perfect and got no complaints from my mother!!! ( the lady that irons bed sheets!)  Even better after the wedding they stayed late and packed EVERYTHING back into the suitcase NEATLY!!!  So all I had to do was take it back home!!  So spending the extra money was sooooo worth it!  

Ladies wanting the ribbons on the bouquets....I would wait until your down there and tell the coordinators!!! Seriously the MIAMI crew nickel and dime you. If you wait they may do it for free if not you steal have $10 to pay but trust me it is worth as shot!!

My Husband was in and out of the meeting because we were getting rooms arranged but I had to laugh because every time he came back in he added more LOL! Some how he added, with no extra cost, shrimp to the rehearsal dinner, extra bottles of champagne, and dance lights for the reception.  So, I say all this that extras do come once you get down there at a much cheaper if not free rate. We were an exception due to our situation but they do try HARD to please you!!

Less is more thank you for the advice! This is such a relief! I am sure I read further back someone saying that they got the gazebo christmas lights for free....I am really hoping that is the case because $300 for 6 posts is ridiculous! My FI said NO way! lol

Ladies I just wanted to let you know that I added some photos to my profile and I would love to hear your thoughts! Please take a look and let me know what you think! And for any other Toronto area brides...if you like anything PM and I can give you some great places to get supplies cheap, cheap, cheap! ....like a quarter of what Micheals charges :) 

66 days until we leave! I am SOOO excited I am not sure I will even be able to sleep for the last few days before we go lol. I don't know how you April brides are doing it. I am excited for you guys as well! Cannot wait to see your pictures and read your reviews!

Melanie

Love your ideas!!  Guest book table decor, hair ideas and starfish my favorite!!!

Originally Posted by lovethebeach10 View Post

Less is more thank you for the advice! This is such a relief! I am sure I read further back someone saying that they got the gazebo christmas lights for free....I am really hoping that is the case because $300 for 6 posts is ridiculous! My FI said NO way! lol

Ladies I just wanted to let you know that I added some photos to my profile and I would love to hear your thoughts! Please take a look and let me know what you think! And for any other Toronto area brides...if you like anything PM and I can give you some great places to get supplies cheap, cheap, cheap! ....like a quarter of what Micheals charges :) 

66 days until we leave! I am SOOO excited I am not sure I will even be able to sleep for the last few days before we go lol. I don't know how you April brides are doing it. I am excited for you guys as well! Cannot wait to see your pictures and read your reviews!

Melanie

Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post

Well went in for my final fitting on the dress and we have to take it in another 1/2 inch in the boobs. Corssfit is paying off!!!!

That is AWESOME!!!!!  I have lost 16 pounds since January 1 this year.  I am excited, but have a lot more to go...thank goodness I am in October!!

So funny, my FI is actually a crossfit trainer!  :)

(he kicks my butt in the gym!!!!)

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

Congrats on finding a great deal for a photographer!!  That's awesome, and a big one in my opinion!! :o)

Thank you so much for the compliment!!  I have been working out religiously for years but the wedding really prompted me to amp it up!  The first step is eating better (or should I say, just not eating whatever I want, when I want).  I just try to incorporate more good foods, yogurt, fruits, healthy snacks (since I'm a serious snacker) and cut back on the chocolate.  I ate pretty healthy as far as meals already.  The before pic was taken in January which was when I really started focusing on losing some weight for the wedding.  My friend and I started this "wedding bootcamp."  It's essentially the following:  Start with a warm up to get your muscles warm, like walking lunges, squats or something.  Then do abs, say 3 exercises in sets.  Then we would do weights.  We never really followed this completely but I have learned that heavy weights are better than the light and more reps option.  This part of the program is about 45 minutes.  Then, we go and do about 30 minutes of cardio.  I have also been doing a class once a week that is a killer with tons of cardio.  For the last month I have gotten in the habit of going to the gym 5 days a week, where before 3 was my tops.  So, while I have kinda started eating bad again, I have four and a half weeks to go so I gotta get back to it!! 

I lost almost 8 pounds since January, and I didn't have too much to lose so it's been great.  I am very happy with the changes!! :o)

Your pics look amazing!  You can def. tell that you have been taking care of business!!!!  Gotta love when the hard work pays off! 

:)

Originally Posted by lovethebeach10 View Post

Melanie

I am going to check them out right now.  I keep going to Michaels, for ideas, but I have some time left, and am not committing just yet.  Would love to know where in the TO area you have been shopping!!!!  Any good places for dresses or places to avoid as well?  I am thinking of going to Beckers on the Danforth for my first dress shopping experience! 

:)

Ladies,

A couple updates!

1.  Check out my profile pic...its our logo!  I love it!  I had our wedding invitation designer do it for us.  What do ya think?

2.  Update on the MOH disaster.  I met up with my cousin, we totally argued it out for over 2 hours (it was clearly needed, we had been holding a lot of resentment towards each other in, which was no good).  In the end, I told her it wasn't working out, it was so far past the lovely idea of bringing her down gently, or twisting it into her decision....so she is no longer my MOH, and my best friend has accepted is only too happy to step in, and promises on hard feelings, or feeling 2nd best!  My cousin and I are hoping we can start a new friendship without hard feelings, so I asked her to be a bridesmaid....I think this will help salvage the relationship for the future, and I won't expect so much out of her.  She is finally happy for me though, which was important to me.

Thank you for being so supportive, I totally felt like bridezilla....and you ladies helped me feel more justified in my decision, I appreciate it. 

cheers.gif

Love the logo and so glad you worked things out with your ex-MOH situation. That must be a HUGE stress relief!

Originally Posted by Mwise17 View Post

Ladies,

A couple updates!

1.  Check out my profile pic...its our logo!  I love it!  I had our wedding invitation designer do it for us.  What do ya think?

2.  Update on the MOH disaster.  I met up with my cousin, we totally argued it out for over 2 hours (it was clearly needed, we had been holding a lot of resentment towards each other in, which was no good).  In the end, I told her it wasn't working out, it was so far past the lovely idea of bringing her down gently, or twisting it into her decision....so she is no longer my MOH, and my best friend has accepted is only too happy to step in, and promises on hard feelings, or feeling 2nd best!  My cousin and I are hoping we can start a new friendship without hard feelings, so I asked her to be a bridesmaid....I think this will help salvage the relationship for the future, and I won't expect so much out of her.  She is finally happy for me though, which was important to me.

Thank you for being so supportive, I totally felt like bridezilla....and you ladies helped me feel more justified in my decision, I appreciate it. 

cheers.gif

I had MOH issue's too. But mine were different, she told me she couldn't afford to go at ALL. I offered to put her flight on my credit card so she would just have to pay for hotel portion and she still said no. Quite sad because I have known her since I was 2 and there wasn't anyone else I had in mind. Decided to ask my Future sister in law to avoid conflicts with other girl friends.

I do have one question though: what to do if a bridesmaid says she cant afford to go? I have another bridesmaid who is telling  me she might not be able to go. I mean my wedding is in 160 days and I need to know how long I should wait on her before its too late. She is in college, as are most of my friends, so I understand they all have a small budget. But I've give then almost a year's notice and even offered to help 2 girls out.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Originally Posted by Mwise17 View Post

Ladies,

A couple updates!

cheers.gif

Gorgeous! I am so glad you liked him. Sweet Caribbean is my photographer as well! Your pictures are beautiful! Congratualtions!

Originally Posted by chicaloco1999 View Post

Hi ladies, I jsut got some of my photo's back from my photogra[her. Its http://www.sweetcaribbeanphoto.com/  - his link is on the right as well. I found them on here. All I can say is AMAZING!!!! Great photographer and great pricing

2.jpgsweet1.jpgsweet6.jpgsweet5.jpg14.jpg