Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

welcome.gifThis forum is so awesome and will help you tremendously along the way.  To me, I feel as though destination weddings can be less traditional than the standard wedding, so I say "do what you want!"  I didn't do save the dates, as I felt if people are going to want to go, they're not going to forget and will likely book early. So, I saved myself a few dollars there, and just did invitations right off the bat.  I just gave them the website for booking information. 

Originally Posted by popo28 View Post

Hello, i am a newbie here. We finally picked a resort and I am looking forward to Azul Sensatori next March 2012. I have not started the fun wedding planning yet but am getting obsessed with reading reviews and forums :) I think planning a destination wedding will be so much more fun. I see my friends planning their wedding at home and it's just not the same. Just reserved our date-March 10th 2012!!!!! yay!!!  :) I have a questions for you all: are save the dates necessary? can I just do the invitations 10mnths in advance? Im not sure what is proper ettiquette is.

Welcome! I didn't do Save the Dates and sent out my formal invitations in Aug 2010 for a May 2011 wedding and it was good I did. Most of my guests booked by November and the resort sold out in Feb so It was good times!

Originally Posted by popo28 View Post

Hello, i am a newbie here. We finally picked a resort and I am looking forward to Azul Sensatori next March 2012. I have not started the fun wedding planning yet but am getting obsessed with reading reviews and forums :) I think planning a destination wedding will be so much more fun. I see my friends planning their wedding at home and it's just not the same. Just reserved our date-March 10th 2012!!!!! yay!!!  :) I have a questions for you all: are save the dates necessary? can I just do the invitations 10mnths in advance? Im not sure what is proper ettiquette is.

Welcome!  I pretty much did the same as these ladies...  Sent passport invitations in July (for a May wedding) and most people booked by November.  We orinally planned on these being Save-the-dates, but we ended up putting SO much info on them that people treated them as full invitations.  Thank goodness cause I ran out of money (and time) to make more formal invitations later!

You'll notice the fun thing about a destination wedding is there are no rules!  You can do whatever you want.  In my case (and alot of girls here) none of their guests have ever been to a destination wedding, so they have no clue what to expect.  So if you leave out things at last minute...they'll never know...haha!

Hi Melfaybik

I ordered the vase bouquest through Lomas. If you go to their wedding webite go to Bouquet then go to Decor and Setup. The item is HC08 and they were $60 a piece. I ordered 2

As for the chair covers and sashes those were through Lomas and they were $9 per chair for the sash and cover

The white sheers were included in the package I got but the 1 pink sheer was $150 and that was through Lomas

As for people wanting to do snokeling or catamaran. I would advise to do the catamaran. We did a snorkling trip through Lomas and when we got out to the water is was SO CHOPPY that half the group either couldn't do it or swam back because it was too bad. We spent most the time tanning and drinking on the catamaran. I was bummed because I wanted to snorkle =(

Also, anyone wanting to bring back their BOUQUET to the USA - I brought mine back and customs didn't take it away from me. We took it on our carry on. I immediatly froze it when I got home to preserve it till I can decide what to do with it.

Chicaloco, so you married at the resort?  Congratulations!  Are you going to post a review by chance?  Do you have any advice for us future brides?  Your ceremony site was beautiful.  I love that vibrant pink sheer! 

Originally Posted by chicaloco1999 View Post

Hi Melfaybik

I ordered the vase bouquest through Lomas. If you go to their wedding webite go to Bouquet then go to Decor and Setup. The item is HC08 and they were $60 a piece. I ordered 2

As for the chair covers and sashes those were through Lomas and they were $9 per chair for the sash and cover

The white sheers were included in the package I got but the 1 pink sheer was $150 and that was through Lomas

As for people wanting to do snokeling or catamaran. I would advise to do the catamaran. We did a snorkling trip through Lomas and when we got out to the water is was SO CHOPPY that half the group either couldn't do it or swam back because it was too bad. We spent most the time tanning and drinking on the catamaran. I was bummed because I wanted to snorkle =(

Also, anyone wanting to bring back their BOUQUET to the USA - I brought mine back and customs didn't take it away from me. We took it on our carry on. I immediatly froze it when I got home to preserve it till I can decide what to do with it.

And girls, I finally got my BD pics.  I want to share so bad but I don't have rights to the pics.  :(

I think we have picked up some more people....let me know if your date is missing

March 2011

gingerlover36 – March 26, 2011 (AB)

April 2011

dakotaAZ – April 2, 2011

KristyMichelle - April 3, 2011

Michele4172011  - April 17, 2011

gems2104 - April 19, 2011

Mahalo79 – April 25, 2011 (EDR Chapel/AS)

dlaroqu - April 28, 2011

Chapa – April 30, 2011

May 2011

TLGnhci – May 2, 2011

mmc1105 – May 6, 2011

JaimeCF2BR – May 7, 2011

Nikki O – May 7, 2011

amcferron – May 13, 2011

MaggieandJay – May 15, 2011

*Lyndsey* - May 17, 2011

beaz2be – May 27, 2011

Bigboponthebeach – May 28, 2011

melfaybik - May 28, 2011 AB

bryteyedbride - May 28th 2011

Vic0214 – May 31, 2011

June 2011

ginnigurl - June 4, 2011

Lovethebeach10 - June 5th 2011

gom4good - June 9th 2011

jazz04 – June 12, 2011

tundereha = June 12, 2011

Mrs Goose - June 25th 2011

July 2011

Stephanie July 3rd, 2011

karlaandmark July 19th 2011

LMMDC – July 23, 2011

Lynsey – July 25, 2011 (EDR)

LauraMInn - July 30, 2011 (AB)

August 2011

Herbie76 – August 2, 2011

Jwashing - August 6, 2011

September 2011

Justiner57 September 4 2011

October 2011

1106wedding - October 22, 2011

mwise17 - October 24,2011

November 2011

Jesse Nov 12, 2011

Nada Nov 15 2011

February 2012

msmarmar123 – February 11, 2012 

April 2012

Kerry872 - April 11 2012  

May 2012

Jennabug May 5th 2012

Mnd3A - May 19 2012 

Hey girls,

So, for those of you who have done or are doing the BD shoot, have any ideas for a cute little saying about letting go of the traditional black book and instead getting the new "married" version.  I'm trying to think of a cute saying. 

there are 6 poles at zavas plaza!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

Ok Zavas Plaza ladies...Christmas Lights... 

Got the quote today...$50 per strand!  Definitely bringing my own!  For those of you planning (or already did) bring lights...how many strands?

Then unfortunately I'll have to rent tiki torches (though $8 is much more reasonable!)...how many of those do you recommend?

El Dorado Maroma is where we are going.....i have been there before and it is SUPER quiet and TOTALLY relaxing!!  only about 50 rooms and most people there are honeymooners!!  I have traveled to about 20 resorts in mexico and it is my favorite resort of all!!

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

Question # 2 of the night.  We were originally planning to go far far away for our honeymoon, but since the wedding is nearly emptying our savings...we're considering saving a flight and staying in Cancun/Riviera Maya area, then do the far away vacation next year.  Anyone have any tips for the #1 most romantic, pampering, perfect Honeymoon resort in the area?  Preferably all-inclusive.

We were going to book El Dorado Casitas...but wanted to check with you ladies first in case you knew of anything better.

lanterns....asianideas.com

Originally Posted by Michele4172011 View Post

Ticia-- your ring is beautiful.

Ladies, my FI found strands of Christmas Lights online for like $7 a strand. DO NOT pay the high resort prices!

I leave 3 weeks from today!

We paid our final payment, but now I feel like I want to include more things... I guess I can do it when I get there?

Thanks for the reminder about the CASH only for the set up fee, I wasn't planning to bring much with me, but now I will.

I'm still in search of laterns (any ideas where to look?)

paradise catamarans!!  super easy to work with and #1 reviews on tripadvisor!!  people on BDWF speak highly of them too!!

Originally Posted by gom4good View Post

Hey Ladies...........everyone seems to be getting so close now!! so excited for us all!

Im after some help, im looking at booking a catamaran for my group (20 adults, 1 child) and was wondering if anyone else had found or been recommended anyone? not got much budget left so im open to any suggestions!! xx