Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Someone asked about the spa: there is a 10% surcharge...I never did figure out what it was for. But we did tip on top of it.

Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post

Pics from the Bachlorette

Looks like so much fun....and a huge party!

Less is More,

I'm so so so happy for you!!!!  I've been awaiting your return to hear how it all turned out.  I was secretly wishing to myself that after moving you to AB, they would then move you over to the Villa because it is so fabulous.  YAY for you!!!!  Many congratulations! 

I was really worried about centerpieces at the reception and went down there with ideas but nothing concrete.  What I had already planned was table names and not numbers since i had 7 tables.  The names were of places we traveled together.  I made 8x10 photo posters on snapfish for cheap that had the table name at the top and then a collage of photos from that trip.  Everyone loved it and wanted one to take home.  It did turn out cool since we incorporated pictures of the guest at that table that traveled with us.  So i had that already planned but wanted flowers or something else.  The vase with lemons would have been fine but once down there they informed me that their lemons are green and not yellow so i passed on that idea.  The coordinator suggested i use the bridesmaids bouquets.  I only had two so we put them in vase for two tables and i purchased a floral set of 3 different arrangements and that was enough for my tables.  The BM bouquets were larger than i expected and worked out beautifully.  I also use the the hanging bouquets from the ceremony to decorate cake table and welcome table.

I hope this helps still waiting for pics and working on planning thread but I hope this helps stir up some ideas!!

Originally Posted by melfaybik View Post

Hello Everyone!

What is everyone doing for their flower centerpieces at the reception? Looking for ideas...

Thanks!!!

Thanks for the wonderful wishes they did come through and everything was beautiful.  Did you know about the villa before your wedding?  

The funny thing was that my husband and i during the planning process did a webinar with karisma and they showed us all the options.  I had to work late so he got on the webinar before i got home and kept talking about this villa.  But being a man he had written down minimal notes and i had no idea what he was talking about.  He said it was sweet and should do it there but it was too small.  So i wrote it off the list and thought nothing more of it.  He talked about it the whole night but couldn't remember the whole name. It was not until the next morning after the wedding that it dawned on me that this is the villa he was talking about.  When i reminded him of it he was blown away how everything came full circle.  So i can't wait to see our pics.  The photographer said two months because he had so many weddings back to back.  

Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post

Less is More,

I'm so so so happy for you!!!!  I've been awaiting your return to hear how it all turned out.  I was secretly wishing to myself that after moving you to AB, they would then move you over to the Villa because it is so fabulous.  YAY for you!!!!  Many congratulations! 

I did know about it but quickly wrote it off because we couldn't afford it.  Since it's right next door to AB, we made sure to get a tour of it while we were there and were blown away with just how fabulous it is in person!  I think you'll be the first bride on BDW to have a wedding there, and I can't wait to see your pictures!!

Originally Posted by Less is more View Post

Thanks for the wonderful wishes they did come through and everything was beautiful.  Did you know about the villa before your wedding? 

Miriam, how did the little lights in your paper lanterns work out?  I have just the flameless candles to toss in there, but there are holes at either end.  Do they hang them from both ends so the light stays put, or how does that work?

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

Someone asked about the spa: there is a 10% surcharge...I never did figure out what it was for. But we did tip on top of it.

I think instead of big floral centerpieces we are going to do ome nicely framed menus and table numbers. Go minimalist since I want to use the money we would have spent on centerpieces elsewhere

Originally Posted by melfaybik View Post

Hello Everyone!

What is everyone doing for their flower centerpieces at the reception? Looking for ideas...

Thanks!!!

I would love to see one too if you don't mind sharing! Thank you! My email address is nikkiweng@rogers.com

Originally Posted by Chapa View Post

Current or past brides - do any of you have a finalized spreadsheet you wouldn't mind sharing with me? I am getting close to having to finalize mine and I want to make sure I'm not missing any obvious info. Thanks in advance!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

Miriam, how did the little lights in your paper lanterns work out?  I have just the flameless candles to toss in there, but there are holes at either end.  Do they hang them from both ends so the light stays put, or how does that work? 

I did the LED throwies. (flat battery with 3 LED's taped together) We just hung this off fishing line into the paper latern. But our laterns had a metal frame where I could tie it off of. For the flameless candles....maybe use electric tape to attach it to string and then hang them upside down into the middle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post

I think instead of big floral centerpieces we are going to do ome nicely framed menus and table numbers. Go minimalist since I want to use the money we would have spent on centerpieces elsewhere

ml_628.jpg

We did very little for decorating (not my style) We rented the colored sashes ($7 each), then bought the vases and limes in Cancun (total about $20 for 8 vases and limes), there were name tags, menu cards and napkin sashes in our wedding colors.