Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

I feel your pain. My FI and I are the only ones coming from our area and so I alot of my original ideas of stuff I wanted to bring went by the wayside. I gave up on my centerpieces and downsized my OOT bags

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

Ah, I'm starting to stress about carrying all this stuff down there, and the extra baggage fees!  I just looked at my parents flights and they will have to pay for their baggage, even the first bag!  So, that's $100 for them on the way down (including my daughter/niece) and then $80 on the way back through a different airline. 

Luckily, for FI an I, our first bag is free but we have to pay for the second.  I'm hoping we can get everything into four bags!!

What link are you ladies using to get free postcards and welcome brochures?

Originally Posted by Vic0214 View Post

I  know how you feel, I got the thank you cards from Vista which i later turned into luggage tags i got my welcome brochures which look amazing and i my door hangers from Vista. I can't tell you how much i 've saved with Vista print and how easy it was for me.

Chapa,  Im sure people will realise that its not about them at some point and hopefully it wont be too late. But to be honest it sounds like your better off without them there. Less drama! Im sure it will work out. Ill keep my fingers crossed for you.

x

Originally Posted by Chapa View Post

I had the same thing happen to me! My FI's parents are divorced also, so I don't know if that contributes to the whole mess, but we informed all of our friends and family in December 2009 of our intentions of having a destination wedding in Mexico and that we would appreciate feedback. Half of FI family said they would be up for going.. well fastforward to Dec/Jan of 2010/11 and all of sudden it is too dangerous there or the economy is horrible, blah blah blah. (Last I checked, Mexico has had violence for sometime and the economy has sucked since ATLEAST 2008). FI's father gives him some BS excuse that he can't afford to go or contribute anything (we know he has money, he flaunts it every chance he gets) and that he has sacrificed so much for us (by opening the invite? cuz we haven't seen any financial or emotional means) and we should feel bad for him. FI is no longer talking to his dad because of all of this drama he brings to his life and FI dad's girlfriend is emailing us telling us we basically sprung this wedding on them all (we have been engaged since Nov. 2009 and getting married in April 2011) and that we are holding everyone financially hostage. At times you just can't help but feel the happiest time of your life really exposes a lot of skeltons that were hiding in the closet!

Im definately with your advice! Family and money are not a good mix!

Originally Posted by Mahalo79 View Post

Hey ladies!

Well it is nice to know I'm not alone in the financial stress in the family members dept!  We knew going into this that a lot of people wouldn't be able to join us and we were ok with that, but we didn't foresee all these other stressful situations concerning money and family.  Also my whole family booked and paid their deposits right away, his family is overdue - luckily the TA has given them an extension and fingers crossed they pay it in time - they are also the only ones who haven't paid their deposits back to us, so I'm out 1000 if they don't pay up.  A lesson learned for the future though, no more money to family unless it is an emergency, they are not financially responsible at all!  The sad thing is it should be our famililes, especially parents, making it easier for us, not more stressful! fryingpan.gif

But you know what they say, you can't choose your family!  So best of luck to everyone dealing with family problems, and to future brides . .  . don't make deposits for family members!  If they want to come they can make their own, just say No!  Also thank goodness for this site and everyone's good advice!  bunny_4.gif

Your link didn't work.  Can you send me a screenshot to my email melissafaybik@gmail.com?

Thank you!!

Originally Posted by amcferron View Post

i used pepto tablets and just put one strip of 6 tabs in each first aid kit.  pretty sure i got it on ebay.  basically you can buy 3 packs of the pepto boxes.  got my first aid kits and the dollar tree and used this sticker from vistaprint.  not sure this will work, but we will see......

http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/ns/livepreview.aspx?Log=0&doc_id=1127321293&page=1&width=510&renderMode=3

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

Ah, I'm starting to stress about carrying all this stuff down there, and the extra baggage fees!  I just looked at my parents flights and they will have to pay for their baggage, even the first bag!  So, that's $100 for them on the way down (including my daughter/niece) and then $80 on the way back through a different airline. 

Luckily, for FI an I, our first bag is free but we have to pay for the second.  I'm hoping we can get everything into four bags!!

Tisha, not sure what airlines you are flying with, but a lot of them if you pre-purchase weight ahead of time it's cheaper (than paying directly at the airport). We added additional weight to our tickets and it was great, since one the airline knew we were coming with extra luggage and it was cheaper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by msmarmar123 View Post

For all past Brides/anyone eho's been to the resort...

Is there a bar where they have dancing?  I know the teen club changes...which seems cool...but in any of the bars with "nightly entertainment"?

I know this has probably been asked and answered millions of times....

Thanx :)

The Mojoito lounge has live music every evening and depending on the group, people would dance the night away up there. (there's a small area/dance floor space right in front of the stage). I personally did not make it down to the teen's club, but some of our guests did and said the DJ was great. (only problem, no booze down there, so they had to go back up to the Mojoito lounge for drinks)

Quote:

Originally Posted by melfaybik View Post

Hi!

I am starting to figure out my hair and make-up...I was wondering what everyone is doing for their hair and make-up?  Are you going through the resort or bringing someone in? Has anyone heard any reviews of the hair and make-up at Azul Beach Hotel?

Thanks!!!!

We brought someone with us (a friend/guest who is a professional). But I have heard really positive remarks for both Azul properties about hair and makeup. My only suggestion is if you plan for a manicure/pedicure, you may want to bring your own nail polish colors, since they had very few colors.