Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

I am getting married the same day as you at Azul Beach Hotel!  What time are you having  your ceremony at?

Originally Posted by bryteyedbride View Post

I understand how that could happen beaz2be!  I lurk around here quite a bit too.  Sometimes reading things on here really does cause stress, but all in all, I think it is more positive than negative.  I mostly PM people and they are always helpful. We are getting married on the 05/28/11, so maybe us Memorial Day weekend couples can get together for a cocktail.  Hang in there!  I know that you know that the time is flying!

Thanks for all the compliments on our pics from everyone on the forum - we can't wait to see the other 3000 pics - LOL - going through the proofs may prove to be painful!!!!

The one with the umbrellas was taken in the lobby - photographer went upstairs to the spa/gym area and took the pic.  We have ones with us up top too and photographer at the bottom.  There are definitely some cool areas for pics - there is an area where there are some red walls too - not sure what the area is called but it is at the front of the resort and immediately right of the entrance.  The alabaster marble stairs are also super stunning in the night.   And inside Le Chique is beautiful - Miriam (Murmel) has some gorgeous pics posted on her photographers blog...

Originally Posted by jazz04 View Post

Beautiful Pics! Where was the one with the blue umbrellas above you taken?

We had tables of 6 and 8.  We also had a head table that was rectangular - it sat 8 of us - i'm not sure if it was 2 tables together or what - but it was way way way to snug.

Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post

Question - Does any one know if the tables at the Zavas Plaza for a reception seat 8 or 10?

Congrats on your recent wedding!  I;m sure it was amazing!  Someone said on here that you were able to get your reception extended past 11 PM.  If that is so, can you tell us how you did that.  My daughter wanted to have a 5 hour reception so that would necessitate going past 11 PM,

No - it was more unofficial.  We just pulled out a bose speaker system and hooked up our ipod and they didn't bug us for a while.  The bar and amplifier we rented still shut down but I am not sure if was at 11pm or if they gave us some give.  we still got booted as the tables got deconstructed - but it was definitely after 11pm. 

Maybe you can pay to have it extended?  Really - I think it wouldn't be worth paying extra for - there are other areas where bridal parties can keep the party alive if your crew is into it - mojito lounge and there is a place by the premium pool section (forget the name).  Thats where we saw most bridal parties throughout the week as their receptions ended.  But I guess it depends on what is important to you! 

Originally Posted by Afaybik View Post

Congrats on your recent wedding!  I;m sure it was amazing!  Someone said on here that you were able to get your reception extended past 11 PM.  If that is so, can you tell us how you did that.  My daughter wanted to have a 5 hour reception so that would necessitate going past 11 PM,

And what about the "teen club"? 

Originally Posted by nv+gms View Post

No - it was more unofficial.  We just pulled out a bose speaker system and hooked up our ipod and they didn't bug us for a while.  The bar and amplifier we rented still shut down but I am not sure if was at 11pm or if they gave us some give.  we still got booted as the tables got deconstructed - but it was definitely after 11pm. 

Maybe you can pay to have it extended?  Really - I think it wouldn't be worth paying extra for - there are other areas where bridal parties can keep the party alive if your crew is into it - mojito lounge and there is a place by the premium pool section (forget the name).  Thats where we saw most bridal parties throughout the week as their receptions ended.  But I guess it depends on what is important to you! 

I have not picked an exact time yet.  My photographer recommends 5 p.m. or 4:30 p.m. because it cools off a bit at that time but I wanted to have a 5 hour reception so I was thinking 4 p.m. for the ceremony.  My FI hates the heat and sweats very easily so he would prefer a later ceremony time.  I don't know what to do.  I am trying to decide between 4 and 4:30 p.m. right now.  How long of a reception are you having?

Originally Posted by bryteyedbride View Post

I am getting married at 3:30 p.m. and effective today I am worried that it is going to be too hot!  What do you think? 
What time are you getting married?

Hi Mom!

Welcome to BDW!! YAY!! welcome.gif

Originally Posted by Afaybik View Post

We're the day before you and we're planning on ceremony at 4pm... I was debating some of the same.  My photographer did make the point tho that if you do it at around 4-5 you'll probably have more consistent light for the photos of the ceremony, rather than later than that... then we're taking pics in b/w ceremony and reception (I think we'll start that at 6). 

Also, knowing my family, if we say 4pm ceremony starts - I probably won't actually walk the aisle until 4.20 or so... once everyone actually gets there!  hahaha

Originally Posted by melfaybik View Post

I have not picked an exact time yet.  My photographer recommends 5 p.m. or 4:30 p.m. because it cools off a bit at that time but I wanted to have a 5 hour reception so I was thinking 4 p.m. for the ceremony.  My FI hates the heat and sweats very easily so he would prefer a later ceremony time.  I don't know what to do.  I am trying to decide between 4 and 4:30 p.m. right now.  How long of a reception are you having?