Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Originally Posted by Less is more View Post

BangHead.gifLadies I need help!!!!!! the resort andmy TA just called me and said that AS overbooked and has to move my entire party to ABeach.  This is with my wedding less than a week away we leave tuesday!!!. and I have no idea whats going on.  where my wedding will be , where the reception will be, nothing.  I had everything planned for over a year and they just call and move us!!!  I am devistated .......shit can't even stop crying! So any ladies planning at AB if you could give me a crash course on things that will be gratelly appreciated.  Locatins for reception , beach wedding, area for cocktail party...any and everything. 

Holy ****!!!  I just read that this happened to another bride on here who's wedding is 8 days away.  I'm not on here much anymore but when I saw this I thought of you and wanted to check in.  PM me and we can talk AB details!!  This is a terrible thing to do to you, but know that you'll be well taken care of at AB and you'll have a fabulous wedding day.  That's a promise! 

What about the contract you signed??!??! They better be giving you serious discounts AND refunds. We sign our life away on these contracts and yet, they can do whatever they want?!!?

BangHead.gifLadies I need help!!!!!! the resort andmy TA just called me and said that AS overbooked and has to move my entire party to ABeach.  This is with my wedding less than a week away we leave tuesday!!!. and I have no idea whats going on.  where my wedding will be , where the reception will be, nothing.  I had everything planned for over a year and they just call and move us!!!  I am devistated .......shit can't even stop crying! So any ladies planning at AB if you could give me a crash course on things that will be gratelly appreciated.  Locatins for reception , beach wedding, area for cocktail party...any and everything. 

Hey everyone,

I got married at Azul Sensatori in May 2010 and have a long-overdue review coming really soon. I know it's super late but better late than never right?? I will post the review this week but in the meantime just wanted to let everyone know that I am here if anyone has questions... I remember when I was planning I just wanted people who had actually been there to give me cold, hard facts, LOL. Feel free to ask away...

Meredith

WOW!   Less is More....things are going to be awesome either way!  You have a few days to get as much as you can together, but it will be amazing.....don't worry!

I can't believe they pulled that so late in the game though....brutal!

Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post

Quote:

Holy ****!!!  I just read that this happened to another bride on here who's wedding is 8 days away.  I'm not on here much anymore but when I saw this I thought of you and wanted to check in.  PM me and we can talk AB details!!  This is a terrible thing to do to you, but know that you'll be well taken care of at AB and you'll have a fabulous wedding day.  That's a promise! 

Question for those of you that have your invitations done or in the works...

Most of the sites I have searched say if you are paying for the wedding yourself, you don't have to put any of your parents names on the invitation...

BUT...I am afraid that because we are still 8 months to our wedding, our parents haven't antied up anything because they still have time.

There has been no conversation about anyone helping us (which is fine), but I am afraid they will down the road and then its too late to have them on the invitation... I was thinking of just putting "together with their families"....anyone have ideas?? 

(I really think everyone feels because they are getting themselves there, that is them helping us.....and its an expensive wedding to go to, and are totally forgetting they are going on vacation for a week at an all inclusive!)  thatswck.gif

We were in a similar situation when trying to figure out how to word things. The way things stand: My parents are paying a third (which is a lot for them), we are paying at least half and his parents have only agreed (so far!) to throw a third of what my parents are contributing. In a way it didn't feel right to give both parents equal "credit" on the invitations but in the end, it felt even weirder to do anything other than "Jessie and Chris, together with our families, invite...." so that's what we did. I'm really hopeful that his parents will throw in more (they have the means to) and I imagine that once guests from their side start rsvp-ing, they'll be more willing to pitch in. I don't want to sound ungrateful because I really am grateful...I am! ;) My we do need a little help, especially if a lot of people say they're coming! I have a 7 page budget that I've shared with both families to show them exactly how things add up. We've actually budgeted in a couple hotel room nights to surprise my parents (and his if they end up throwing in more) with a paid room as a thank you. HOpe this helps....

Originally Posted by Mwise17 View Post

Most of the sites I have searched say if you are paying for the wedding yourself, you don't have to put any of your parents names on the invitation...

BUT...I am afraid that because we are still 8 months to our wedding, our parents haven't antied up anything because they still have time.

There has been no conversation about anyone helping us (which is fine), but I am afraid they will down the road and then its too late to have them on the invitation... I was thinking of just putting "together with their families"....anyone have ideas?? 

(I really think everyone feels because they are getting themselves there, that is them helping us.....and its an expensive wedding to go to, and are totally forgetting they are going on vacation for a week at an all inclusive!)  thatswck.gif

Originally Posted by Mwise17 View Post

We didn't include parents names, but that is most due to the fact that I lost my father 12 years ago, and my mother is in a full time care facility and will not be attending. His parents were crushed at the start, but also understood what an ackward position it put me in.

We literally wrote: Please join us in celebrating the marriage of..... and ..... Date, time, etc. No mention of any relatives. Quick, clean and simple.

Our wording was similar to Murmel's.  FI and I are paying for the whole thing ourselves, and our invitations say "Jaime & Talis are getting married!...date...place...blah blah...Please join us for an unforgettable weekend!" then went on with wedding website details.  We sort of stayed away from the whole issue because to be honest I was still pretty bitter when our invites went out. 

Hey girls,  has anyone ever heard of anyone being successful with shipping stuff to the resort?  I know they don't recommend it but I'm wondering if it might be easier than lugging everything through the airport.  I have a lot of stuff!!! And Less is More, I'm thinking of you.  I hope all is coming together for you! 

I haven't asked my WC yet, but I've read on here several times that you can't ship to the resort.  My FI thinks you can ship (via UPS or FedEx to the airport (or possibly to a UPS or FedEx store in Cancun).  I put him in charge of finding that out......he hasn't done it yet (or any of the other tasks assigned to him  :)), but I'll definitely post on here when I find out.  If you can ship to the airport, I would definitely rather do that than pay for extra bags and lug them around.

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

Hey girls,  has anyone ever heard of anyone being successful with shipping stuff to the resort?  I know they don't recommend it but I'm wondering if it might be easier than lugging everything through the airport.  I have a lot of stuff!!! And Less is More, I'm thinking of you.  I hope all is coming together for you!