Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Azul Beach looks a lovely hotel. Its a smaller resort and they only have on weding a day. Think you will get a lot more personal attention...... it will make you wedding more intimate and special. Dont panic. For the messing around they have caused you will make them give everything you want!!!

Everyone who has got married has said the majority of the planning is done when you get there.

So just be demanding!

Originally Posted by Less is more View Post

I know!!!.....how do i tell my guest that booked and spent their money based on the information i gave them that they are being moved. My guest booked premium and swim-up suits how do they compare.  I just don't know what to do.......or where to start.

I agree with all the ladies. If it happened to me I would be LIVID!!!!!!!! I guess the best advice I can think is deep breath then summon the biggiest yet calm BITCH you can inside you. Start demanding. Like A mama Bear about to protect the cubs (You are the mama bear, wedding is the Cubs in this senerio) Calm people who are determined and tad scary tend to get whatever they want. Just as My FMIL (Little humor here hope it at least made you giggle for a second)

Now go kick some ASS!!!!

BangHead.gifLadies I need help!!!!!! the resort andmy TA just called me and said that AS overbooked and has to move my entire party to ABeach.  This is with my wedding less than a week away we leave tuesday!!!. and I have no idea whats going on.  where my wedding will be , where the reception will be, nothing.  I had everything planned for over a year and they just call and move us!!!  I am devistated .......shit can't even stop crying! So any ladies planning at AB if you could give me a crash course on things that will be gratelly appreciated.  Locatins for reception , beach wedding, area for cocktail party...any and everything. 

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

Oh no!  I am sooo sorry.  The girls have already given the best advice.  Let us know what happens.  That is absolutely ridiculous!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmarmar123 View Post

OMG...I don't even know what to say to you....They had better be giving you a shitload of freebies and discounts.  I can't believe that this is happening and it would be the wedding party they choose to move...it should be other guests...NOT the person who is bringing a freaking group and getting married.

Quote:

BangHead.gifLadies I need help!!!!!! the resort andmy TA just called me and said that AS overbooked and has to move my entire party to ABeach.  This is with my wedding less than a week away we leave tuesday!!!. and I have no idea whats going on.  where my wedding will be , where the reception will be, nothing.  I had everything planned for over a year and they just call and move us!!!  I am devistated .......shit can't even stop crying! So any ladies planning at AB if you could give me a crash course on things that will be gratelly appreciated.  Locatins for reception , beach wedding, area for cocktail party...any and everything. 

Thanks ladies......my eyes are swollen and i have this massive headache but your advice is right.  For everyone who have weeks were booking is full or close to it please please call and verify that your stay is accommodated.  I have been on the phone all day and yet to receive a valid reason why this has happened.  A smaller resort offers less amenities that we were looking forward to especially after the awesome reviews of past brides.  The end result is that they are working ......( don't believe that)....to make sure rooms are available for my guests and that the wedding plans transfer.  I know you all can appreciate all the coordination, time, effort and planning that goes into these weddings. We put our trust and money and SIGN CONTRACTS with assurance that what we paid for is what we will get.  

Now instead of 6 restaurant choices we have 3, instead of mojitos we have tequila bar.  The point is if that's what i wanted that's what i would have paid for in the beginning.  The bottom line is that it is NOT WHAT I WANTED.  Now i have to change my maps staring the locations of my events to guest, i don't know where my welcome party will be, itinerary and wedding location different, programs have wrong locations and resort name.......just work down the drain.  Not the best results from Karisma or DW but picking myself up.

If ladies that chose to be at AB could fill me in on the best locations or pics of suggestions from your coordinator that would help me try to piece some of this back together.  We paid a lot in events, honeymoon suit for 8 days, private events.  I just can't believe this is happening! I have 4 days......

Did the minister speak very good English?

Thank you for your response!!

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by melfaybik View Post

I was all set on doing a legal wedding because I think the same thing as you so I totally understand....I feel like it won't feel as special if I do it before and I don't want to lose the feeling you get by getting married before.  I wouldn't tell anyone if we got married before but it just feels like it won't be the same feeling on my wedding day! Ugh...I don't know what do do.... The only reason why I am thinking of doing the symbolic wedding now is because I saw a video of a wedding where no one could understand the minister and I want to atleast be able to understand the minster a little bit. 

We did a symbolic wedding in Mexico, but got married in Canada before we left. We did not tell our guests and the symbolic wedding truly sounded and felt like my wedding! The other one in Canada (also special, don't get me wrong) but that was signing the paperwork. The real wedding feeling was in Mexico.

I do need to explain, we wanted to also include my mother, who is bedridden and in a nursing home (she could not make it to Mexico for obvious reasons). So we choose to get legally married in front of her in the nursing home. That way she was there for my "wedding". That being said it also made our planning easier for Mexico, since we could now do the wedding whenever we wanted...didn't have to wait the 3 business days and the ceremony was performed in english.

None of our guests know the difference, and you still sign a Marriage certificate, so it certainally does have the 'real' feeling. Whatever you choose it will be a magical day!

Not yet!  I am terrible at making decisions which had made the wedding planning process long and difficult! sad.gif

Originally Posted by Nan View Post

Quote:

Thank you for the information!  Where are you getting married at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan View Post

Quote:

Hello All Past and Future Brides!

I am having a very difficult time deciding between a Legal and Symbolic wedding because I am concerned about the Judge or Minister not being able to speak very good English.  I have seen a lot of wedding videos (some at Azul) where the judge/minister speaks very bad English and you cannot understand what he/she is saying throughout the entire ceremony.  We are having our ceremony videotaped professionally and it would be so much better if we could understand what is being said at the ceremony.  I really want to do the legal ceremony but now I am leaning more towards the Symbolic ceremony and getting married in US before or after the wedding. 

Do you know if the Ministers for the Symbolic Wedding speak better English than the Judges for the Legal Wedding?

Is anyone having a friend or family member performing the ceremony instead of hiring a Minister?

I was wondering what other brides are doing? 

Looking forward to hearing from everyone and thank you!! J

Melissa

Melissa:

My WC will be doing all the paperwork for my legal wedding in the Riviera maya. I´m having a legal ceremony performed by a Mexican judge who speaks Good English. Here´s her web in case you want to know more about it. www.floresjulieta.mex.tl bride.gif

In a private villa close to Tulum next May!!  Have you made up your mind yet about the legal wedding?rolleyes.gif

OMG!!!  I can't believe what you must be going through right now...I am sooooo sorry but I can tell you that Azul Beach Hotel is an AMAZING resort and I think you will LOVE it!  I am getting married at Azul Beach Hotel on 5-28-11 and absoutley LOVE the resort! I visited over 10 resorts in the Riviera Maya area with my Mom last August and visited both Azul Sensatori and Azul Beach Hotel.  Both resorts have AMAZING service & food and GREAT reviews! The main difference is the size. My top two resorts after doing all the site visits was Azul Sensatori and Azul Beach and the only reason I choose AB over AS was for the size because I wanted a more intimate setting where i could see all my guests easily every day.  Every bride that I have talked to on BDW and Trip Advisor (I also have a friend that got married there in October 2010 ) have absoutley love the resort and had an AMAZING experience getting married there!  They all just raved and raved about the resort!

I am here for you and can answer any questions you have!  I have tons of pictures I can send you of Azul Beach...I think I took about 100 photos. I have photos of the ceremony location, cocktail hour locations and reception locations for a private event. Also, AB has a GREAT beach with Beach Butlers that bring picnics and champagne to you on your private beach bed!  Azul Beach just added brand new suites that look amazing and they also have swim-out suites!  How many people are you having?  Where were you planning on having the ceremony and reception? I can make recomendations based on what you are looking for.  I have so much information to offer you if you want...Just let me know!  I will be on and off BDW all weekend to help you out.  Feel free to PM me if you want.

Melissa

Thanks ladies......my eyes are swollen and i have this massive headache but your advice is right.  For everyone who have weeks were booking is full or close to it please please call and verify that your stay is accommodated.  I have been on the phone all day and yet to receive a valid reason why this has happened.  A smaller resort offers less amenities that we were looking forward to especially after the awesome reviews of past brides.  The end result is that they are working ......( don't believe that)....to make sure rooms are available for my guests and that the wedding plans transfer.  I know you all can appreciate all the coordination, time, effort and planning that goes into these weddings. We put our trust and money and SIGN CONTRACTS with assurance that what we paid for is what we will get.  

Now instead of 6 restaurant choices we have 3, instead of mojitos we have tequila bar.  The point is if that's what i wanted that's what i would have paid for in the beginning.  The bottom line is that it is NOT WHAT I WANTED.  Now i have to change my maps staring the locations of my events to guest, i don't know where my welcome party will be, itinerary and wedding location different, programs have wrong locations and resort name.......just work down the drain.  Not the best results from Karisma or DW but picking myself up.

If ladies that chose to be at AB could fill me in on the best locations or pics of suggestions from your coordinator that would help me try to piece some of this back together.  We paid a lot in events, honeymoon suit for 8 days, private events.  I just can't believe this is happening! I have 4 days......

Thank you soooo much Melissa.  I just PM you my email address.  If you could send me info and photos that you have that would be wonderful.  I have had a drink, put in my eye drops and now i need to get it together and organized again.  Plus prepare to call everyone tomorrow with the news.  It's bad enough they were already concerned about whether or not it was safe to travel.  Thanks for everything!

OMG!!!  I can't believe what you must be going through right now...I am sooooo sorry but I can tell you that Azul Beach Hotel is an AMAZING resort and I think you will LOVE it!  I am getting married at Azul Beach Hotel on 5-28-11 and absoutley LOVE the resort! I visited over 10 resorts in the Riviera Maya area with my Mom last August and visited both Azul Sensatori and Azul Beach Hotel.  Both resorts have AMAZING service & food and GREAT reviews! The main difference is the size. My top two resorts after doing all the site visits was Azul Sensatori and Azul Beach and the only reason I choose AB over AS was for the size because I wanted a more intimate setting where i could see all my guests easily every day.  Every bride that I have talked to on BDW and Trip Advisor (I also have a friend that got married there in October 2010 ) have absoutley love the resort and had an AMAZING experience getting married there!  They all just raved and raved about the resort!

I am here for you and can answer any questions you have!  I have tons of pictures I can send you of Azul Beach...I think I took about 100 photos. I have photos of the ceremony location, cocktail hour locations and reception locations for a private event. Also, AB has a GREAT beach with Beach Butlers that bring picnics and champagne to you on your private beach bed!  Azul Beach just added brand new suites that look amazing and they also have swim-out suites!  How many people are you having?  Where were you planning on having the ceremony and reception? I can make recomendations based on what you are looking for.  I have so much information to offer you if you want...Just let me know!  I will be on and off BDW all weekend to help you out.  Feel free to PM me if you want.

Melissa

Quote:

Did the minister speak very good English?

Thank you for your response!!

The minister that did our ceremony spoke very good English...other than the fact she kept pronouncing my husband's name Luke as Luck! LOL

But seriously she was wonderful!

Quote:

Thank you soooo much Melissa.  I just PM you my email address.  If you could send me info and photos that you have that would be wonderful.  I have had a drink, put in my eye drops and now i need to get it together and organized again.  Plus prepare to call everyone tomorrow with the news.  It's bad enough they were already concerned about whether or not it was safe to travel.  Thanks for everything!

I am so glad someone has recent photos! That's a great positive!

Hope you get a good nights sleep and things look better tomorrow. Looking at the bright side, you and your guests, no matter where you are, will have an amazing time and a beautiful wedding!

I'm soo sorry to hear that, I could imagine what you're going through! I did have a family member that went to a wedding there and they said that the resort is fabulous. The food was great and the service was good. Just remember that everything happens for a reason and it always works out in the end. Just stay positive and make the best of the situation.