Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Hi ladies,

Hope you are all keeping okay? Welcome to the newbies, you will soon become very addicted to this site believe me!

Well i went shopping with my mum today, I managed to get Hollie's flower girl basket from Debenhams and sandals for the big day from Next. What do you think?

Michelle love the invites, and also love the idea of putting from the children (might also have to steal that idea). Thanks for the add on facebook. cheesy.gif.

Nicyx goodluck with the diet, really dont know how you van do that sick.gif.

hollie flower bag.jpg   hollie sandals.jpg

Hi can I be checky and ask you to do the same for me as Im still in noob status?

Thanks so much

X

Originally Posted by melfaybik View Post

Hi,

Can you please PM me your brochure?  I do not have permission to open attacments.  Also, can you send me a picture of your centerpieces?

Thanks!!

Melissa

Quote:

I used powerpoint for our brochure:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post

Does anyone have a templete for a tri fold bouchure? I am getting ready to start putting together something to send to everyone that booked

Thanks for any help in advance!

Natasha_and_ Guys_ pre_ travel_ brochure 2.ppt

I bought mine from Chong. I was going to take them down and bring them back then pass them on to the next bride.

Originally Posted by Less is more View Post

mumel

Thanks for that awesome review. I just read it to my hubby and we are so excited.  I hope you don't mind if I use your critics to inform our guest about the different restaurants. I am trying to put that last little details on my welcome letter so your info was perfect.  I am getting calls about the pants for men.  Can they wear jeans to dinner?

Originally Posted by Michele4172011 View Post

Question for the recent brides-- how did you transport your wedding dress? And did you steam it onsite? Starting to worry about how well my dress will hold up during the travel...

I packed my in a suit bag and carried in onboard the plane. Mind you my dress did not require any steaming! Mostly because it was lace. The resort offers steaming for dresses (I wish I really remembered how much but I think about $25-30). Suit was $15? to be pressed!  ****IMPORTANT: The laundry is closed on SUNDAYS. So if your wedding is on Monday (like ours) make sure to send it out early). They made an exception for DH suit to be pressed, but it did not get back to our room til about 1pm Monday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post

Does anyone have a templete for a tri fold bouchure? I am getting ready to start putting together something to send to everyone that booked

Thanks for any help in advance!

I posted my brochure a while ago. Hopefully this link works. I used Word to create mine.

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/65791/pre-travel-brochure-for-mayan-riveria-cancun-using-word

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

Did you walk down the ramp in your heels too?  If so, did you need to hold onto the railing?

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

I had no problems in the sand! Only thing might have been getting some sand in around my toes. I think all the girls and our guests had no problems. The sand is so hard packed there! Just don't stand on your heels LOL...then you might sink a little!

I did walk down the ramp. Did not hold onto the railing. I was fine, but my sister who was walking me down the aisle started to slip a little. Likely a good thing, since I was near tears, and that moment made me laugh! I managed to hold onto before she slid completely. I would maybe ask if they could sweep the sand off...but it really wasn't to bad. Mind you I think my heels were only about 3 1/2".

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1106wedding View Post

A couple hotel-related questions for the recent brides:

* Did you end up going to the Teen Club any of the nights you were there? Is there dancing and a DJ like they say?

* Is there poolside food/beverage service?

* What pool had the most space to hang out at/best swim up bar? I'm just trying to envision where everyone can meet...

* Room service...can you order alcohol to your room?

* One more alcohol related question (sorry!!) - was there Grey Goose? I still have NOT received an actual answer. Claudia said there was when we were there on our site but Angie was never able to confirm. I'll stop bragging about it if it's not available.

Thanks guys!

-walked by the Teen club, and yes there was a DJ. I know some of our guests would go there late at night to party.

-poolside service: for drinks there is usually someone around taking orders. Food, I have only seen on the premium side, and only a snack about noon-ish.

-you can order a bottle of wine, but not regular drinks. Although I ordered Clamato many times! (I love beer with a bit of Clamato in it....it's an east coast Canada thing!)

-did not see Grey Goose. But then again I was happy with Stoli vodka, so didn't ask. But there is a 'back bar'...ie. the high end stuff they don't show, but if you ask for it, it appears! I wouldn't brag about it....easier for guests to be surprised, than disappointed.

Quote:

mumel

Thanks for that awesome review. I just read it to my hubby and we are so excited.  I hope you don't mind if I use your critics to inform our guest about the different restaurants. I am trying to put that last little details on my welcome letter so your info was perfect.  I am getting calls about the pants for men.  Can they wear jeans to dinner?

Men can wear jeans! No problems. My DH did than almost every second day. Just make sure they are not trashy, ripped up jeans. But most guests wore khakis or jeans, with golf shirts, hawaiian shirts, etc.

Quote:

hey ladies,

I love the paper lanterns. Where did you buy them? I know you all have said this before so i do apologize for the reduntant question.  Second thing di dthe resort have them down there as an option to buy or use?  If so how much?  Last question did you leave them or carry them back home with you.

I bought our laterns from Asian Ideas. We bough 40...which was way too many! I would suggest about 15 for Zavas Plaza. The resort does not offer them as far as I know, although they do offer Christmas lights.

We carried them down with us, and took most of them home. Only 30...they misplaced the rest somehow. Not a big deal, but I know another girl wanted to buy them from me...so hopefully that still enough for her.

Originally Posted by nv+gms View Post

Hi Miriam!

Welcome back!  Did you get delayed by the snowstorm on Wednesday????  Great pics!  Can't wait to see ours! 

XO Natasha

Quote:

Hello Ladies,

So I am finally back to the real world! Our wedding was stunning-could not have asked for anything better. All of our guests had an amazing time, and the wedding coordinators on site are super. Don't stress too much, they will make everything perfect! I will be trying to get my review and planning journal done in the next week.

Quote:

Free wedding pkg worked best for us.  I created a spreadsheet and compared what was offered in each one compared to what I would still have to add.  In the end - the free wedding suited us much better and saved us money.

Originally Posted by Mwise17 View Post

What wedding package did everyone choose?  I am undecided (on a lot of things), but am not sure if it makes sense to do the "free" pkg, and then add all the private reception pieces we want, or just go for a biggie (gold or whatever its called) and if that will be cheaper in the long run?

Wondering what other brides are going with......

:)

**sometimes I avoid coming to this site because I feel so unorganized...you all sound like you know EXACTLY what you want and I am so not there!!!!!!!  undecided.gif

Hi Natasha!

We were about 2 hours late...could have been much worse....although another day in Mexico would have been nice!

Best part our neighbours shovelled our driveway after that major storm, so our surprise and best wedding gift-arriving home to a clean driveway LOL!

Mwise17: I also went with the Free Sweetheart wedding. Like most of the girls I looked at the packages side by side, and then decided what I really wanted, and what I had to pay for extra anyway. It didn't make sense for us to buy a package when it did nothing for us.

Ladies who are at the resort between May 12-17

Brides, I may have a JR Jacuzzi Suite avilable to give to one of your guests. I don't want to be pre-emptive because we are still waiting to hear from one more family member if they want it or not and I am waiting to hear from my travel agaent.

If you are interested in taking over the room email me at maggieandjay2012@hotmail.com

Once I hear from my FI cousin yah or nah then I will be ready to set you up with my TA and we can see how to transfer the room.

I just want a heads up if anyone is interested. It was orginally my grandparents room but they have decided not to come a couple days ago.

Maggie

Quote:

So our photographer has posted a few shots on his blog:

http://www.taylorjacksonphoto.com/blog/destination-wedding-at-azul-sensatori/

I can't wait to see the rest, and the TTD session!

Beautiful photos, Murmel! Thanks for sharing! Everything looked perfect and you were a beautiful bride!!! 

What wedding package did everyone choose?  I am undecided (on a lot of things), but am not sure if it makes sense to do the "free" pkg, and then add all the private reception pieces we want, or just go for a biggie (gold or whatever its called) and if that will be cheaper in the long run?

Wondering what other brides are going with......

**sometimes I avoid coming to this site because I feel so unorganized...you all sound like you know EXACTLY what you want and I am so not there!!!!!!!  undecided.gif

We chose the free package as well.  When we priced everything out, there was nothing in the other packages that we needed or could not live without. It just made good fiscal sense to go with the free and add anything we might desire later........

Just wondering why people were looking to other DJs then what they provide?  Was it a tip from another bride that got some of you on Doremixx?  (not that I know who he/she is, but I see others have used them).

I am getting nervous about making these big decisions not hearing/seeing these people....curious how everyone else came to their decisions...

We too read a BAD review about the resorts DJ very early on. We also priced out DJ's versus using theirs and even to hire our own with the vendor fee was cheaper than there $1,500. We hired DJ Mannia...........

Originally Posted by jazz04 View Post

Has anyone used KHR reservation service to book their rooms. MY WC has gotten our room rates through them and they sent a contract to be signed and you have to make copies of your credit card and license to fax to them. Our parents did not feel like this was a safe thing to do. I am calling them tomorrow but they gave us better rates than what the resort would give. We are getting married in 4 months and still have no one booked!!

We have not, but I would NEVER recommend sending anyone photocopies of your credit cards or license. There is no reason for no one in a non-security/ law enforcement situation to be privy to your information like that. I know I sound very distrusting, but nothing about that sounds like a secure request....duplicates could be made of both and the rest is a fraudster's dream. :-(