Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Apologies for the extremely delayed response. Thanks for all the information.

I am not sure if it is the Zavas Terrace...the WC basically gave me the description of "pool deck, bldg 4". I will ask her about that.

For the OTO bags...how many guests are you expecting? I am toying between shipping a package to my guests in advance of the wedding versus carrying it all down with me to Mexico. I think I will decide when i have a better sense of how many people are coming.

Hey there! Sorry for the delayed response. Congratulations on your wedding to be! Our reception is going to be at the zavas plaza...Our guest list still isn't finalized. Rigth now we have about 50, but are expecting more. What about you?

Originally Posted by jcdagl2 View Post

Hi tundeneha,

I am also getting married June 12th! Is your reception at the Zavaz Plaza or Zavas Terrace??? About how many guests are you expecting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundeneha View Post

Hi there,

I have been reading the posts on this website for a month or two now...and am getting married at Azul Sensatori on June 12! Our wedding will be a little different since I am Indian and my FI is Nigerian. We are going to try to incorporate both of our cultures into the festivities. Few questions for you ladies...

1. Do you know if they charge extra for guest who are not staying at the hotel...just coming to attend the wedding and reception?
  2. Have any of you seen pictures of the Pool Deck area near building 4? The pictures my WC sent over don't really show what the layout of the area is like.
  3. Are most of you bringing all the items for your OOT bags downt o Mexico with you and distributing them there?

Thanks ladies for any and all help!

What is the "free SPOON 40 person dinner "?  I have not heard of this. Does the $12.50/person include apps or dinner?

Thanks!

Melissa

Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post

I am doing mine the day before at Palapa Yoga  from 4p-6p. It's $12.50 a person for food and drink private event (Mexican Donkey Cocktail Hour package)

I am using my free SPOON 40 person dinner for a Family dinner 2 days before the wedding.

I figure 4p-6p is perfect for the older folks that want to party, eat some dinner and turn in. Also I didn't want to be hungover for my wedding day so this gives me the opportunity to party and still get to bed at a decent hour. As for the Beer pong, LOL my FI and I have been to enough house parties that we figure we will just improvise when we get there. Back in the day I think I played beer pong on everything from a closet door to 2 tables spaced apart. I am bringing a sleeve of Solo cups and Ping Pong balls with me just in case the resort doesn't have anything. We are also big fans of Flip Cup which can be played on any table. Basically My FI and I wanted to have a old school beach college party and re-live our youth. My playlist I have been building has all the hits from when he and I were in college and great Bar sing along. My goal is to get everyone from all the different eras of our lives together and have fun so that everyone gets to know each other. We have currently 61 people coming. I am bringing some dominos and decks of cards too in case the beer pong thing doesn't pan out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

Ladies, for those of who have done or are doing a welcome cocktail party, what time are you doing it?  I had thought about doing it, but figured a full dinner would be best so we could go into party mode afterward. And I wondered if a cocktail party would provide enough food.  I had kind of decided on just doing the Spoons reserved dinner, but am wavering on this now.  Thoughts???

Thank you!

See above

Originally Posted by melfaybik View Post

Hi!

Are you doing the Barefoot Beach Party during the day or evening?  Sounds fun! How much is it costing you per person for the food and open bar? Do they have a table there you can use for beer pong? My fiance loves beer pong! :) How many people are you having at your wedding?

Thanks!

Melissa

Quote:

I am having one the day before. I am calling it the Barefoot Beach Party. Since its a private event I have food and our own bar. I am bringing out BOSE to play the Ipod and I chose more bar sing-a-long music than dancing. Now my plan is to get some old school drinking games going like maybe a beer pong tournament. We don't have too many family members going that would dissaprove and we have no kids coming and a lot of people in our group age (mid 30's). I was also going to get some beach games like paddleball and what not. Plus I was toying with doing name tags based on where we know you from. For example: My FI Uncle would say "Russ" Jay's Uncle or a friend of mine from when I lived in Ocean City would say Samantha, Ocean City

Still working outt he kinks

Quote:

Hi Everyone!

I am getting married at Azul Beach Hotel on 5-28-11 and was wondering if there are any other Azul Beach Hotel Brides out there?  I am behind on the planning process and it would be great to hear from other brides.

AZUL SENSATORI or AZUL BEACH BRIDES: Is anyone planning a Welcome Event?  If yes, what are you planning?  Looking for ideas!! :)

Thanks!

Melissa

I am looking into hair extensions now but haven't made any decisions yet. Thank you for the website..I will look into it.  Who is doing your hair and make-up at the resort? 

Ladies, If you want to look into clip in hair extentions for the big Day I just wanted to pass on that I have had a FABULOUS experience ordering from this site http://sweetextensions.com/

I got a sample first then my hair stylist and I dyed it when it all looked good we ordered a full set and we are in the process of dying those. I will have my first trial run Feb 26th with Hair and make-up for my Bachlorette so I will let you ladies know how it turns out but so far so good

Maggie

Melissa, The Spoons dinner is included in one or more of the packages as far as I remember. The dinner there is a preset menu, so I'm not exactly sure what it includes. The $12.50 mentioned is per person for a 2 hour cocktail party (so finger foods and drinks only). Hope this helps to

That was supposed to finish with "clarify" but for some reason my stupid computer always jumps to the top of the page and then I can't type down here anymore.  Aggravating. 

Anywhoo, Maggie, thanks for the info on the hair extensions.  How do those go in?  I looked into the heavy duty ones and they quoted me like $700!  I certainly can't afford that.  I have super thin hair though so I would really like some extensions in for the special day. 

Hi!

Do you remember the name of your judge?  I was thinking about not doing a legal ceremony and I am so glad to hear that yours was in English!  Also, what is the name of your photographer.  Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Congrats!!!

Melissa

Originally Posted by nv+gms View Post

We are back!  We had a sensational time at this resort and our events.  We recieved many upgrades without even asking. We stayed in a honeymoon suite ocean side and all of our guests were upgraded to the premium section.  I will post a detailed review in the next couple weeks but here is a summary of the events we had:

welcome cocktail reception at palapa yoga:  great canapes.  Our friend brought an amazing bose sound system and we danced a lot.  We also had a cigar roller which really impressed a lot of our guests. Very good security - they even tried to stop my sister from coming back from the bathroom b/c they said that there was a private event taking place!  LOL.

ceremony at beach zocolo:  wonderful location - still my favourite.  My guests told me that they even stopped people from crossing behind the ceremony.  Very important detail for brides who want a legal marriage at this resort - the ceremony CAN BE PREFORMED IN ENGLISH!  There was no problem with this - its not a requirement to have the ceremony in spanish at all!!!!  The judge was also open to adding anything we wanted before and after his "official speech".  He does have a script he has to say and the wording was fine to me - and again - it was spoken in ENGLISH!  (only emphasizing this b/c I know a lot of people on this forum have changed their decision to have a legal wedding in Mexico because they thought it needed to be spoken in spanish).  I added the hand ceremony and sand ceremony to our wedding and incorporated family.  One thing that took us by surprise is that you have to thumbprint your wedding certificate after you sign it - make sure you bring a wet nap to clean your thumb afterwards!  The judge had a dry napkin but it was hard to get the ink off our thumbs.  I was concerned that I may touch and damage my wedding dress - but in the end this did not happen. 

Reception:  @ plaza zavas.  Very nice location.  Food was family style and servers served guests individually.  The assortment was amazing and guests loved the variety.  The lobster tail was a big hit.  Food was plenty and seconds were abundant for those who desired.  Amplifier was rented - great sound.  The only thing that kind of sucked is that when your time expires - they are quick to shut it down and start removing all the linens, decor etc.- but I guess this is to be expected - we just moved the party to the mojito lounge.   We hired the mariachi band - awesome dinner entertainment.  Big hit with the guests and nice touch to the ambiance.  Our cake was a cupcake cake and it was fantastic - better than I expected.  We had a petit cake on top with our personalized cake topper (bobble heads to our likeness).  It was a hit with guests and no where near what I thought it would cost. 

Farewell group dinner at spoons:  awesome too!  Menu is std - ceaser salad, bean soup, choice of chicken and steak followed by cheesecake.  Great presentation and flavour.  Guests all complimented the food.  Only thing that happened is that some guests were really hungry when they got there and collected a few plates of snacks for the table from the buffet.  Apparently the servers did not look to pleased about this - but did not stop anyone from doing this.  The section they close off provides a cozy semi private area for entertaining your guests.  I think it makes a nice area for a wedding reception for those of you who are looking to save money by not hosting a private reception.  We were an hour late for our reservation - 7:30 instead of 6:30 - and they were still very accomodating. 

My biggest recommendation:  bring your own photographer if you can afford it.  Our photographers were amazing.   They captured ALL of our events and had no strict time limits. Other things they did for us: 

1.  Engagement photos at the tulum ruins

2.  Trash the dress #1:  used a long white dress from BCBG I purchased and we went to a cenote for some creative photography.  They got tonnes of underwater photos of us and photos that captured above and below the water line.  These are the photos I am looking most forward to seeing.  Even when we felt pressured to get back to the resort because of time constrictions - they kept encouraging more photos! 

3.  Trash the dress #2:  used the original wedding outfits - didn't trash them totally.  Lots of cool and amazing shots again.  Over 500 photos taken in this session alone.  LOL.  

Our photographer is from the Toronto area - and I would HIGHLY recommend them to any bride!   

I can't wait to see all these pics and more! I will post some when I get them. 

Only thing I would do differently - stay longer!  Normally we are not fans of staying at an all-inclusive resort for more than a week but we wish we had chosen the 10 day option. Everyday we were busy with one thing or another and when we weren't - we were trying to spend time with all of our guests.  It left no alone time to unwind.  We decided to go away in April now...Even some of our guests requested info on extending their stay - a testiment to how nice it was to stay at this resort. 

Good luck to all the ladies that continue to plan their weddings!  I will post better details and photos in a planning thread as I find the time!

Natasha

Is the dinner a private event or just a section in the restaurant?  40 people for dinner are inlcuded in your package?

Melissa, The Spoons dinner is included in one or more of the packages as far as I remember. The dinner there is a preset menu, so I'm not exactly sure what it includes. The $12.50 mentioned is per person for a 2 hour cocktail party (so finger foods and drinks only). Hope this helps to

I'm getting married at azul beach but at azul villa carola thats on site on 10/29/11. I was thinking of doing a welcome cocktail party the night before the wedding instead of a rehersal dinner. I was thinking of doing it very informally like asking everyone to meet somewhere on the itinerary instead of paying to have another private party expense. Let me know your ideas as well. Thanks and looking forward to what you have to say.

Lisa 

And Maggie, I love this idea!!

Quote:

I am having one the day before. I am calling it the Barefoot Beach Party. Since its a private event I have food and our own bar. I am bringing out BOSE to play the Ipod and I chose more bar sing-a-long music than dancing. Now my plan is to get some old school drinking games going like maybe a beer pong tournament. We don't have too many family members going that would dissaprove and we have no kids coming and a lot of people in our group age (mid 30's). I was also going to get some beach games like paddleball and what not. Plus I was toying with doing name tags based on where we know you from. For example: My FI Uncle would say "Russ" Jay's Uncle or a friend of mine from when I lived in Ocean City would say Samantha, Ocean City

Still working outt he kinks

Quote:

Hi Everyone!

I am getting married at Azul Beach Hotel on 5-28-11 and was wondering if there are any other Azul Beach Hotel Brides out there?  I am behind on the planning process and it would be great to hear from other brides.

AZUL SENSATORI or AZUL BEACH BRIDES: Is anyone planning a Welcome Event?  If yes, what are you planning?  Looking for ideas!! :)

Thanks!

Melissa