Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Most use USD.  I suggested people use USD vs converting to pesos.  We always use USD for shopping (absolutely) and tipping (typically) when travelling to the Carribean.  But seriously - when it comes to tipping - money is money - use what you want - but we typically stick with USD b/c it is easier for them to exchange.  In all my trips to mexico - I have never exchanged for pesos and have had no regrets.

Good example of where pesos may be more handy - tulum - 10 pesos to 1 USD vs what is normal 12 pesos to 1USD for a 5USD admission fee.  Considering that - I would hate to be left with a handful of pesos for something this trivial.  If they really wish - exchange very small amounts once in mexico (from USD).  Transportation, day trips etc are already priced in USD at the resort so no need to exchange in my opinion.   

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

Question for the Canadians...  Do you plan to use Canadian Dollars for tipping, shopping, etc.?  Or are you planning to get American Dollars or Pesos?

About half of our guests are Canadian, so I wanted to give them the best direction possible.

Thanks!

nv+gms

Did you do an excursion? if so what did you decide to do.  Did you plan it ahead of time with your group or once you got down there?  WOW 15 more days til my turn.  Oh did you need bug spray?

Welcome kerry!  These ladies are the best!  They will be your TA, help you coordinate and support you!  They have been heaven sent for me.  Trust me those 15 months will fly by so fast!  I was upset when we decided to have our wedding 14 months away from our engagement date but now I am so thankful we did.  Everything and I mean everything just starts to happen. So buckle up and enjoy the emotional ride to bliss!  It will all be worth it!

Ok great!  I really wasn't sure how easy it was for you guys to exchange for USD.  If its that easy, thats what I'll recommend.  Thanks again!

Originally Posted by nv+gms View Post

Most use USD.  I suggested people use USD vs converting to pesos.  We always use USD for shopping (absolutely) and tipping (typically) when travelling to the Carribean.  But seriously - when it comes to tipping - money is money - use what you want - but we typically stick with USD b/c it is easier for them to exchange.  In all my trips to mexico - I have never exchanged for pesos and have had no regrets.

Good example of where pesos may be more handy - tulum - 10 pesos to 1 USD vs what is normal 12 pesos to 1USD for a 5USD admission fee.  Considering that - I would hate to be left with a handful of pesos for something this trivial.  If they really wish - exchange very small amounts once in mexico (from USD).  Transportation, day trips etc are already priced in USD at the resort so no need to exchange in my opinion.   

Quote:

Question for the Canadians...  Do you plan to use Canadian Dollars for tipping, shopping, etc.?  Or are you planning to get American Dollars or Pesos?

About half of our guests are Canadian, so I wanted to give them the best direction possible.

Thanks!

We already had 3 events planned - a welcome coctail, wedding ceremony & reception and a farewell dinner.  B/c of this - I did not feel comfortable offering a required excursion.  In advance of our trip I wrote a page into my events booklet that said "optional tour of tulum".  when we got there we organized a tour of tulum and cenotes.  We ended up hiring a private van - 16 ppl for 320$ (20$ pp).  We paid for this (and this is a discounted rate).  For this we had the van for the entire day at our disposal and at our preferred timing.  People just paid for their entrance into Tulum (5$) and Cenote (10$) - still way cheaper than any planned excursion they could have arranged for the same. We told people we would pay for the transportation in advance - so it was their choice to come.

The thing is that many people were into coming originally (of the 33 in attendance) but then they saw how bright and sunny the day was so they opted out.  So it was nice to have the flexibility of booking on site the day of and hiring a private driver that had no time restrictions.  Our tour became a full day activity. 

Bug bites - for some reason this seems to be a problem with women and when you are on the beach.   I always get the same at any beach.  Hard mosquito type bites on the legs.  Mosquito repellent should help keep them at bay - but only necessary when on the beach. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less is more View Post

nv+gms

Did you do an excursion? if so what did you decide to do.  Did you plan it ahead of time with your group or once you got down there?  WOW 15 more days til my turn.  Oh did you need bug spray?

Welcome kerry!  These ladies are the best!  They will be your TA, help you coordinate and support you!  They have been heaven sent for me.  Trust me those 15 months will fly by so fast!  I was upset when we decided to have our wedding 14 months away from our engagement date but now I am so thankful we did.  Everything and I mean everything just starts to happen. So buckle up and enjoy the emotional ride to bliss!  It will all be worth it!

Personally we have a USD account and credit card already b/c we travel to the states often.  But any CND would prefer left over USD vs Pesos that are basically useless until your next trip to Mexico.  Also - if they want some amt of pesos - they can always be converted in Mexico. 

Ok great!  I really wasn't sure how easy it was for you guys to exchange for USD.  If its that easy, thats what I'll recommend.  Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nv+gms View Post

Quote:

Thanks!

Hi Everyone!

I am getting married at Azul Beach Hotel on 5-28-11 and was wondering if there are any other Azul Beach Hotel Brides out there?  I am behind on the planning process and it would be great to hear from other brides.

AZUL SENSATORI or AZUL BEACH BRIDES: Is anyone planning a Welcome Event?  If yes, what are you planning?  Looking for ideas!! :)

Thanks!

Melissa

Had to post a pre ceremony pic of my site from one of my friends cameras.  I had fans with our ceremony info tied to each chair with a bow and a table at the back with a rose petal toss cone.  I had them fill the tall glass containers with sand so they would not fall over during the ceremony or when placed on the tables for the reception. 

167727_1765833421721_1115714189_32047033_6477921_n.jpg

I am having one the day before. I am calling it the Barefoot Beach Party. Since its a private event I have food and our own bar. I am bringing out BOSE to play the Ipod and I chose more bar sing-a-long music than dancing. Now my plan is to get some old school drinking games going like maybe a beer pong tournament. We don't have too many family members going that would dissaprove and we have no kids coming and a lot of people in our group age (mid 30's). I was also going to get some beach games like paddleball and what not. Plus I was toying with doing name tags based on where we know you from. For example: My FI Uncle would say "Russ" Jay's Uncle or a friend of mine from when I lived in Ocean City would say Samantha, Ocean City

Still working outt he kinks

Originally Posted by melfaybik View Post

Hi Everyone!

I am getting married at Azul Beach Hotel on 5-28-11 and was wondering if there are any other Azul Beach Hotel Brides out there?  I am behind on the planning process and it would be great to hear from other brides.

AZUL SENSATORI or AZUL BEACH BRIDES: Is anyone planning a Welcome Event?  If yes, what are you planning?  Looking for ideas!! :)

Thanks!

Melissa