Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Thanks for all the compliments ladies!! I appreciate it. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by arkae View Post

hi ladies! maybe some of you who have already gone down and had your weddings can answer something for me.

my understanding is that final payment is due to karisma, through the off site wc's in miami, 30 days out. what happens if you make changes or remove options on your detail sheet once you get down there with the on-site wc.....are you refunded the $$? does the hotel give it to you before you checkout? how does it work?

thanks!! :)

They stalked me for my final payment and didn't take it out of the account until 2 weeks later. If you make changes when you get to the resort, I think you eat that cost. I would say only add on, don't take away. I've heard of brides being offered a resort credit for the difference but in my case, we didn't have time to do anything extra. Our TA surprised us with a free Sky Massage (which I highly recommend) and we had to keep rescheduling because it interfered with things that we wanted to do with our guests. So, if I were you, I wouldn't rack up too much in resort credits unless maybe you are staying a long time there alone or you want to do like we did and apply the credit towards doing things for your guests like champagne and strawberries to their rooms which our guests did love. 

Originally Posted by karlaandmark View Post

I'm new here too - July 19, 2011 

welcome.gif

Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post

I don't think I told you this on this thread (probably on your review), but you were a gorgeous bride, Meredith! Your smile represented your happiness geniunely! Congrats again and can't wait to see your pro pics!

Thanks bigbop! I can't wait either. I'm trying not to harass Andrew but it's hard! blush2.gif

Originally Posted by Chapa View Post

I have a question for past brides.. did any of you have sheer bows for the chairs at both the ceremony and reception site? Do you really need to buy double? Did any of you bring your own?

I brought my own organza chair sashes. I did bring double or almost double when you account for the fact that if you're having a bridal party, they won't sit for the ceremony. When I got home I realized we didn't give them all of the sashes though. My aunt forgot some in her luggage so they only had enough for the ceremony. They made it work though and I never even knew they transferred the sashes from one venue to the next. 

I said all of that to say, they would like to have double because they do set up hours before your event will take place, but I think they can also make it work if they have time between events also. They had an hour in between for us.

Thanks Meredith! Good point - I'll have to sit and go over the detail sheet again before final payment and make sure nothing is on there that's a "maybe i'll remove it later" haha :)

They stalked me for my final payment and didn't take it out of the account until 2 weeks later. If you make changes when you get to the resort, I think you eat that cost. I would say only add on, don't take away. I've heard of brides being offered a resort credit for the difference but in my case, we didn't have time to do anything extra. Our TA surprised us with a free Sky Massage (which I highly recommend) and we had to keep rescheduling because it interfered with things that we wanted to do with our guests. So, if I were you, I wouldn't rack up too much in resort credits unless maybe you are staying a long time there alone or you want to do like we did and apply the credit towards doing things for your guests like champagne and strawberries to their rooms which our guests did love. 

Can anyone give me an idea of how much extra baggage was? Many of you have commented on the fact that you had 4+ extra suitcases of wedding supplies and decor...and my TA just keeps sending me links to the airline but no ranges of costs and I figured it might be faster to ask you pros than search around aimlessly on a website :) 

In particular, any of you Toronto departure brides that know what these baggage costs might be, that would be great!

thanks!!

Can anyone give me an idea of how much extra baggage was? Many of you have commented on the fact that you had 4+ extra suitcases of wedding supplies and decor...and my TA just keeps sending me links to the airline but no ranges of costs and I figured it might be faster to ask you pros than search around aimlessly on a website :) 

In particular, any of you Toronto departure brides that know what these baggage costs might be, that would be great!

thanks!!

It depends so much on the airlines. We have already bought the upgraded seats, which allows us to take double the baggage. However since it's Sunwing, it is very limited anyway. Normal is 44 lbs (25 kg)/person, with our upgrade we can take up to 4 bags each-total weight 35 kg. It cost up about $100 each. I think you can pre-purchase extra baggage weight, but not sure how to.

If you are flying with Air Canada/ Westjet, you are allowed 2 bags total 100 lbs. Not sure of extra baggage cost.

Thanks Murmel!

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

Quote:

thanks!!

It depends so much on the airlines. We have already bought the upgraded seats, which allows us to take double the baggage. However since it's Sunwing, it is very limited anyway. Normal is 44 lbs (25 kg)/person, with our upgrade we can take up to 4 bags each-total weight 35 kg. It cost up about $100 each. I think you can pre-purchase extra baggage weight, but not sure how to.

If you are flying with Air Canada/ Westjet, you are allowed 2 bags total 100 lbs. Not sure of extra baggage cost.

Meredith!

You look gorgeous!!! Congrats!!!! We are suppose to get our pro pictures next week. I am soooo excited!!!

Someone asked about the setup fee... we had a lot of stuff for our WCs to setup. They charged us around $60 - don't remember the exact cost but it's all depends on how much you bring for them to decorate.

Chapa,

I brought my own bows for the reception and paid for the ceremony chair bows. Everything is setup before the wedding starts...

Originally Posted by Chapa View Post

I have a question for past brides.. did any of you have sheer bows for the chairs at both the ceremony and reception site? Do you really need to buy double? Did any of you bring your own?

I paid mine 2 weeks before my wedding day. I highly recommend that you do not add anything you are not sure about. You can always add things once you are at the resort. Once you pay for it, that's it. You can only use your credit on the LOMAS products. We were able to negotiate to use the credit for spa service. It was GREAT! I agree with Meredith.. the sky deck massage was great! my hubby liked it so much, we got another massage while we were there.

hi ladies! maybe some of you who have already gone down and had your weddings can answer something for me.

my understanding is that final payment is due to karisma, through the off site wc's in miami, 30 days out. what happens if you make changes or remove options on your detail sheet once you get down there with the on-site wc.....are you refunded the $$? does the hotel give it to you before you checkout? how does it work?

thanks!! :)

Quote:

thanks!!

I'm not sure about Canada but for US brides, since it's an international flight your 1st bag is free and the 2nd (for most of the airlines I looked at) is $27 if you check-in online and $30 if you check-in at the airport.

Originally Posted by chong View Post

Meredith!

You look gorgeous!!! Congrats!!!! We are suppose to get our pro pictures next week. I am soooo excited!!!

Thanks Chong! I can't wait to see your pics either! 

meredith--love your pictures.  Did you think the kids felt like there was enough to do?  We picked this resort for the kids that were coming and so far, we have only 2!  I am even considering moving to El dorado Maroma but I think my mom will have a heart attack.  Oh and I am using Jennifer at VIP too!  I am so glad she came thru for you. 

Did you fly Delta?  I was told bags were free on Delta and we thought that would be a great savings as my sister will split her bag with her hubby and that would give me another one for just extra's!