Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Hey Lyndsey!

Thanks for the information, I was getting worried!  I think it looks pretty small for 50 people but I guess we'll just have to make it work at this point.  We were thinking about getting a DJ and the WC said he would be on one side of the palapa and then the tables would be on the other side.  The food would be on the palapa and then cleared away for the dance floor.  We're also doing a welcome party but having that poolside with the high cocktail tables.  When is your wedding?  Do you have pictures you could share with me?  My email is kmasiroff@hotmail.com.  Thanks!

Originally Posted by *lyndsey* View Post

hey mrs goose!

we are getting married on the beach and then cocktail reception in the palapa yoga. we also requested palza zavaz for our evening reception but were told we couldn't have it so we are probably goin to go with the palapa yoga. I have been sent some lovely pics of it our only concern is that we don't want the guests tables too far away from eachother so we have asked if all 5 tables can be placed on one side of the palapa rather than on either side. We have 40 guests so our tables would go on the outside of the palapa with the palapa being our dance floor area.x

YAAAAAAY Meredith!!!

I've been anxiously awaiting your return!  I'm so glad everything was fabulous.  You look GORGEOUS!!!!  I love the bling, especially on the cake.

And as for Andrew, well I'm grinning as I sit typing this because OF COURSE he took care of you cheesy.gif  He's so talented and I can't wait to see the pro shots!

Not sure where my post went, but congratulations Meredith!  I love the bling on your cake as well and you looked beautiful, and so happy!  Haven't had a chance to read the review just yet, but am anxious to do so.  Also, what's your last name on FB, b/c I would love to see your pics!  Thanks!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

Meredith...Welcome back!!  I love bling, so needless to say, I absolutely love your Cake and Flowers!!  Please share the details of both of these.  I must have them!

Great review.  Thank you for sharing so many great details.  Just curious...why did you change from Zavas Plaza to the Ocean Room?  I hadn't even considered this Ocean Room so I'm curious to know your thoughts.

I got the rhinestone banding and cake toppers from Cake Sparkle Designs. Her name is Rosalia rosalia@cakesparkledesigns.com. I found her on ebay, but can't find her on there now. I highly reommend her. We had custom toppers made (delta and omega) and she was patient, efficient and reasonably priced. We are actually selling the banding. The problem is, if your cake is larger than ours was, they kept the extra banding at the resort. We're in the process of trying to get it back now. I also used some of the banding on the bottom of my bouquet.

The flowers were from Debbie Co flowers www.debbiecoflowers.com. She was very good too but it does take approx 2 months for her to complete the projects. We are selling those also, either as is, or the purple ribbon can be taken off.  We have 4 bouquets, my bouquet, one corsage and his boutonniere. The buckles on the BMs bouquets came from www.bouquetjewels.com.

We changed from Plaza Zavaz for the ceremony (our cocktail party was still held there) only because we wanted it to be more personal. Our room overlooked Plaza Zavaz and we could have watched and entire wedding reception that was held there if we wanted to. Honestly, for the cocktail party I didn't feel that the area was impersonal while we were down there but just to be on the safe side, we moved it inside where we wouldn't have any onlookers.

Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post

YAAAAAAY Meredith!!!

I've been anxiously awaiting your return!  I'm so glad everything was fabulous.  You look GORGEOUS!!!!  I love the bling, especially on the cake.

And as for Andrew, well I'm grinning as I sit typing this because OF COURSE he took care of you cheesy.gif  He's so talented and I can't wait to see the pro shots!

Thanks Wendy!!! Andrew was great! He fit in with all of us. He was extremely personable and Jenell (his wife) was great too! I have no regrets about choosing him and I thank you for the recommendation. We invited him to all of our events since he and his wife were technically our guests (they stayed at the resort with us). He kept working even though we only scheduled him for the day of. I had to keep going up to him and saying, put the camera down!!

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

Not sure where my post went, but congratulations Meredith!  I love the bling on your cake as well and you looked beautiful, and so happy!  Haven't had a chance to read the review just yet, but am anxious to do so.  Also, what's your last name on FB, b/c I would love to see your pics!  Thanks!!

Thanks!! My new name is Meredith Worrell.

Hi mrsgoose,

If you click on my screen name, I have a bunch of pictures of all the different locations for weddings in my albums. There are a few of the yoga platform.

Originally Posted by mrsgoose View Post

Hey Lyndsey!

Thanks for the information, I was getting worried!  I think it looks pretty small for 50 people but I guess we'll just have to make it work at this point.  We were thinking about getting a DJ and the WC said he would be on one side of the palapa and then the tables would be on the other side.  The food would be on the palapa and then cleared away for the dance floor.  We're also doing a welcome party but having that poolside with the high cocktail tables.  When is your wedding?  Do you have pictures you could share with me?  My email is kmasiroff@hotmail.com.  Thanks!

Quote:

hey mrs goose!

we are getting married on the beach and then cocktail reception in the palapa yoga. we also requested palza zavaz for our evening reception but were told we couldn't have it so we are probably goin to go with the palapa yoga. I have been sent some lovely pics of it our only concern is that we don't want the guests tables too far away from eachother so we have asked if all 5 tables can be placed on one side of the palapa rather than on either side. We have 40 guests so our tables would go on the outside of the palapa with the palapa being our dance floor area.x

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessie View Post

Meredith - how was the weather?  Was it warm enough?  I'm getting married on your anniversary next year, so I am definitely interested in the weather this time of year.

OMG! That's so cool!

When we got there it had just rained so it was overcast and the sun didn't come out. It said it was 61 degrees before we got on the plane but by the time we got there it was about 70. That was the only day it was like that for the majority of the day. It got hotter as the week went by but I don't think it ever got higher than like 85. Put it like this, I sweat at the drop of a dime and I didn't sweat all week long. This is one reason we couldn't get married in the summer. Some of my guests put on sweaters at night but I didn't. The breeze felt good to me. I went bear armed all week long and usually I'm the 1st one to get cold. It did rain a little almost everyday but it wasn't enough to ruin anything. Most times we would just wake up and the ground was wet. HTH!!

Thanks Chapa!  Your pictures are great.  I have to remind myself not to worry because the resort is beautiful and we're going to be at the beach!!!  No matter what little things go wrong, it's still going to be gorgeous.  Thanks for sharing your pictures :)

Originally Posted by Chapa View Post

Hi mrsgoose,

If you click on my screen name, I have a bunch of pictures of all the different locations for weddings in my albums. There are a few of the yoga platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgoose View Post

Hey Lyndsey!

Quote:

hey mrs goose!

hi ladies! maybe some of you who have already gone down and had your weddings can answer something for me.

my understanding is that final payment is due to karisma, through the off site wc's in miami, 30 days out. what happens if you make changes or remove options on your detail sheet once you get down there with the on-site wc.....are you refunded the $$? does the hotel give it to you before you checkout? how does it work?

thanks!! :)