Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Originally Posted by beaz2be View Post

Hi Ladies,

I posted in the etiquette forum but I have a situation/question that I would love some advice on from you all:

We sent out our save the dates this past June for our wedding in May, 2011.  Since that time one couple, whom we invited as a couple, have split up.  The interesting issue with this as well is that we only became friends with this couple recently, through another mutual friend, and they live on the east coast (we're on the west) so we don't really see either of them very often.  However, we did become somewhat closer with one part of the couple, as she is the good friend of our mutual friend.

We really enjoy both of these people and I'm just wondering how/what to do.  Do we invite them both separately and let them know they are each welcome to bring a guest and let them know as well that they have both been invited, so as not to be surprised by the other and make their decision accordingly?  (This is what I'm inclined to do).

The one who is friends with our mutual friend may likely come as a single, with the mutual friend - so I don't want that to create an awkwardness either.... Should I ask the mutual friend for her opinion?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.  I have a feeling that they both won't come anyways, but I just want to know what other people would do in this circumstance.  Thanks!

I actually have had 2 couples begin the divorce process since our invitations went out. With one couple I am friends with the husband and not close with his wife at all so that was easy. I told him he was invited and his wife was not. When they split up the house he took the invite with him and they agreed that he would go

With the other couple it was a tad more difficult. We have been friends with both of them for well over 7 years so what I did is I talked to each of them seperately and explained that they are both invited with their own guest. Their divorce got REALLY REALLY nasty so I ended up having a second conversation that was frank and said if they didn't think they could get along at our wedding then neither of them would be welcome. It was super akward but in the interest of not having some drunken divorce fuel brawl at my wedding I thought the situation had gotten bad enough that it had to be said. I hope that helps. I would say just figure out what would be the least amount of drama

Originally Posted by arkae View Post

Could you tell me about the setup for the buffet option you went with? :)  Do they just put the tables off to the side at some point and everyone can eat whenever they want? Is the food replenished all evening?

thx!!

Here is the menu

Salads

Tropical fruit salad

Mixed lettuce salad

Tomato and fresh cheese salad

German potato salad

Cucumber and yogurt salad

Dressings

Ranch dressing

Thousand island dressing

Cesar dressing

Croutons

Side Orders

Corn on the cob

Baked potato

Mixed vegetables

Main courses

Beef tenderloin skewer

Chicken breast

Bbq ribs

Fish fillet

Roasted flank steak

Desserts

Cheesecake

Lime pie

Caramel custard

Apple pie

Assorted fruit tartlet

It small portions of each. I have a vast cross section of people and the food they like so this seemed the best option for us!

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

Hey ladies,

I had wanted to find hot pink heels, but wasn't having much luck.  So, when I came across comfy, cute champagne heels for only $9, I bought them.  Then, I thought I would dress 'em up myself.  I like the peacock feathers and I was excited about it, but my fiance made a face.  He wasn't a fan.  And, then upon sending pics to my friends, 2 more said  EH with 2 liking them.  I know I should just do what I want, but I figured I would get all of your opinions.  They will be under my dress, so you really won't see them anyway, but I worry if a lot of people don't like the feather looks, then they may not like my bouquets (as the girl is considering adding some feathers.)  Hmmm.......

Thoughts?huh.gif

shoe1.JPG

I think it's a creative idea for sure. I think what is throwing it off for me is the pink with the deep colors of the peacock feathers. I definitly like the feathers though!

Originally Posted by nv+gms View Post

I'm not a big "omg I love...colour X".  

For my wedding  however I am a fan of a deep purple (plum) or burgandy if pushed into a corner to decide.   So...I've looked at a few websites, incl "the knot" and I am not convinced by any one colour as "awesome"....

but I am partial to the plum/purple:

the debate (all including green and likely some white with a plum backdrop):

purple and orange

purple and yellow

purple and lime only

another combo???

My style is- sharp, modern and simple.

Thoughts?

rolleyes.gif

I am thinking purple and lime seems complimentary and has a tropical/mexico feel

Hmm, the colors work on the bouts.  (fuschia flower with a turquoise and green feather behind)  I know they are very different ideas and I just really want for them to mesh together, but maybe it's not working.  I may take the pink rhinestones off and replace them with the clear.  Maybe that would make the shoes look better as a whole. 

if you don't mind me asking, who are you working with in Toronto?

I think you made a great decision!  I'm not an Indian bride but my TA/wedding coordinator locally (Toronto) coordinated the Indian wedding mentioned ealier.  The coordinator from Toronto travelled with the group to act as the liaison between the bride and the resort. She said that everything went smoothly and that it was beautiful.  117 people in attendance. 

I LOVE Them!!!  But..I love things that are unique...and if you love them and they are your style and make you happy....wear them. Especially love the dedazzled heels :)

Hey ladies,

I had wanted to find hot pink heels, but wasn't having much luck.  So, when I came across comfy, cute champagne heels for only $9, I bought them.  Then, I thought I would dress 'em up myself.  I like the peacock feathers and I was excited about it, but my fiance made a face.  He wasn't a fan.  And, then upon sending pics to my friends, 2 more said  EH with 2 liking them.  I know I should just do what I want, but I figured I would get all of your opinions.  They will be under my dress, so you really won't see them anyway, but I worry if a lot of people don't like the feather looks, then they may not like my bouquets (as the girl is considering adding some feathers.)  Hmmm.......

Thoughts?huh.gif

shoe1.JPGshoes2.JPG

Are these dye-able? maybe you can get these coloured to be the hot pink you originally wanted? :) 

Hey ladies,

Thoughts?huh.gif

shoe1.JPGshoes2.JPG

Any B2B or new Brides experience the atmosphere of the "teen club" converted into night/dance club with DJ for adults after 11pm?

We went a few times.  The first time it was just DH, me and my brother.  It was lame lol.  But I think we just weren't in party mode.  We went the night of the wedding with our group and we had a blast.  So I think the atmosphere is all what you make it.  If you bring a bunch of your friends, how can you not have fun?  But if you're looking for a happening party to join, go elsewhere lol.  The nightlife isn't ideal for young couples looking to party, but hey, its all what you make it :).  Don't worry, you'll have fun no matter what.

I think your idea is unique, fun and cute.  My candid opinion:  I would not do the peacock feathers - because -  I think they will become damaged under the gown (assuming your gown is long).   I am thinking about adding peacock feathers to my calililly bridal bouquet (bringing my own). 

really like peacock feathers and I think they bring good luck! so go for them!!! and who knows... I myself might go for some too!!!

To be honest, I've never heard of the teen club turning into a night/dance club after 11pm...and I've been to the resort TWICE already!  But I agree with Nicole 100%...its what your group can make out of it.  Actually, if nobody else except for your group shows up...its a personal DJ for free!!

Any B2B or new Brides experience the atmosphere of the "teen club" converted into night/dance club with DJ for adults after 11pm?

Tisha - I think the peacock feathers are a super cool idea!  I am so not creative, so I'm always so impressed when people come up with cool ideas like that.  I also wonder about them getting messed up under your dress and the big contrast in colors.  Are you still looking for hot pink heels?  Cause that would look awesome!  Or what about lighter color feathers?

I know you've heard it over and over, but if you like it....rock it!  This is one day you can truly get away with anything you want!  Heck...Carrie wore a whole bird on her head :).  Sure it may not be some people's style, but with all of the festivities and excitement, do you really think those few would walk away saying "OMG, whats with the feathers on the shoes".  Dont worry about it.