Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

We're getting married on 4/17/11; exactly 1 year from the day we got engaged! love.gif I have a fun story about dates to share... we started dating on 11/17, engaged on 4/17 (he had no idea about the similar dates) and getting married on 4/17/11 (with all 3 dates). It has to be meant to be!!

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

Michelle, what's your wedding date?

Thank you so much for sharing with me! Good luck, you are so close!

Originally Posted by chong View Post

Thanks! We got 14 days till the wedding and  9 days till we leave to Mexico!!!

Yeah...my FI is from Baltimore. He is ready for his party :) I already had mine at Philadelphia.

I sent you both free sweet wedding package and Erik Rodriguez pricing information. Let me know if you have any questions!

I have a couple of questions-- where is everyone having their reception? I can't decide between Plaza Zavez (sp?) I think that's the one with the little gazebo and by the pool, or Zocalo el fresco-- with the ocean view. Does anyone have any advice? I think my TA went there in August, so I'll poll her for feedback as well.

Also, I just checked out Elizabeth Medina's photos online and they are amazing. Any recommendations/feedback on her? I assume they are not a preferred vendor, so the additional $500 would apply?

I am very excited!!! We are getting married on 10-10-10 and we will be there till Oct 15. So we might bump into each other!!! I am not sure how we can arrange it to meet..

I heard that there is mic for both ceremony & reception.

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

Hello ladies! I was away in Newfoundland cleaning out my mother's house for a week, and can't believe how many pages I had missed! LOL

My bridesmaids threw me an amazing stagette just over a week ago...it was so much fun! :) smile159.gif

Amanda and Chong- you guys must be so excited! Can't wait to hear all about your special days. What are the exact dates again? FI and I are going to be in Mexico Oct 12-19...wondering if that's close?

Did you have a microphone for your vows? FI and I are trying to figure out if we need one? And as well, do we need a microphone for speeches at dinner? Any advice would be great.

Welcome! I think I noticed your wedding day in January 29...I'll see you there! (Our wedding day is January 24, but FI and I will be staying til Feb 2)

They set you and your party up in a corner (sorta) in Spoon and there is a curtain which gets drawn around the area to provide some privacy. It's quite nice. Not sure about how to decorate, but I would think you should be allowed to do a small table decoration. As for the party after, there is not really a disco. There is the Martini Bar which has live music and a small dance floor, which opens up onto the balcony for more dancing! We saw a few weddings come up to party and it was great....just don't expect a traditional disco area.

Glad to read she has sorted herself out!

I am going to visit the Mayan in October this year, so I'll let you know. As for November, I have been quite and few times, and never had a problem. You might get the occasional sun shower, but rarely does it last for more than 30 minutes. I think in all my trips (6 so far), all between November and early February, I only remember one day which rained when I took my mom down with me many years ago.

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

Did you have a microphone for your vows? FI and I are trying to figure out if we need one? And as well, do we need a microphone for speeches at dinner? Any advice would be great.

Yes, I had a microphone at the ceremony.  I didn't request it. It was just there.  The beach is actually quite loud so you will need it if you're getting married on the beach.  We used it as well as the minister.  If you rent the audio equipment at the reception, a microphone comes with it so you don't have to request one.  I don't remember a microphone at the welcome reception but we didn't need it either.

Originally Posted by daniepps View Post

Yes, I had a microphone at the ceremony.  I didn't request it. It was just there.  The beach is actually quite loud so you will need it if you're getting married on the beach.  We used it as well as the minister.  If you rent the audio equipment at the reception, a microphone comes with it so you don't have to request one.  I don't remember a microphone at the welcome reception but we didn't need it either.

Thanks so much for the information. We were planning to use an Idock system, but were worried about the microphone situation. I will just make sure to talk to the WC and make sure it is at the ceremony and reception.