Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Hi,

Thanks for the question and I actually really like the photographers at the Azul Sensatori itself.

However if you want to go outside the resort for photograhers I have had several of my couples book through Elizabeth Medina as well as Del Sol- both are highly recommended and very personal. They also provide assistants which are very good as well and cost a little less if budget is a big factor in your wedding plans.

Hope this helps. Liz Moore

Hi

That's great that your travel agent did this for you. It means she/he is a GI consultant with Karisma which I am as well. It gives us the opportunity to provide allot of additional services such as what you have received. Karisma resorts are exceptional in the offers they provide us for our clients that way. I love being able to upgrade my clients, provide candlelight dinners etc - it's a great way of saying thanks and does make your experience all the more memorable- which is what it's supposed to be. Congrats on your wedding and you've chosen a wonderful resort to get married at!

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaz2be View Post

Anyone care to share again what they're doing DJ-wise?  I've heard that both DJ Doremixx and DJ Mania (both recommended on this forum and I think Kittenheart used Mania if I remember) are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than the AS DJ.  Even with the $500 outside vendor fee?!?!

I'm still debating DJ stuff.  I would do the IPOD myself but FI feels that a DJ might be better (music is important for him).  We also have a friend who may be coming who's a DJ but I don't think I really want to ask him to work at our wedding....

Looking for opinions.

We have reserved Dj Mannia.  That was one of my FI's To-Do's and he was able to negotiate his rate down after discussing the vendor fee. If you want specifics, PM me.

Originally Posted by Vic0214 View Post

HI what photgraphers did you guys hire? And how much is it costing you?

We hired Elizabeth Medina....she is pretty pricey and beyond alot of couple's budgets but I fell in love with her work, so it was the natural choice. She has a thread on this forum that showcases her work.

Originally Posted by chong View Post

I just have to say...my TA is the best. I just got my travel package yesterday in the mail. She sent me a JUST MARRIED flip flop and GI Promotional Gift Certificates - Private Dinner on the Beach and Spa package for both us. She is so thoughtful!!! She's been the best TA to work with.

Her name is Gayle Hirsch with Destination Weddings. I highly recommend her if you are looking for a TA!

Sounds like you really lucked up with DW.com.  Go you!!! I wish that my DW.com TA experience was only this glowing. That is wonderful news....

Quote:

Originally Posted by *lyndsey* View Post

ooo how exciting! how is your planning coming along? whos your WC? mine is angie and she's really good so far. she replies no later than the next day!x

What day in May are you getting married, Lyndsey???  We too are getting married in May and our WC is Maria Faye. She always responds within 24 hours and is very nice.

Originally Posted by lizmoore View Post

Hi,

Thanks for the question and I actually really like the photographers at the Azul Sensatori itself.

However if you want to go outside the resort for photograhers I have had several of my couples book through Elizabeth Medina as well as Del Sol- both are highly recommended and very personal. They also provide assistants which are very good as well and cost a little less if budget is a big factor in your wedding plans.

Hope this helps. Liz Moore

Del Sol is banned from Karisma resorts and have been for some time.  Del Sol will not even entertain booking a wedding at a Karisma resort.

Originally Posted by chong View Post

For those you got married on the beach... how long does it take to walk down the "aisle". I have a song that's too long but just wanted to know when where it would get cut off. Does it take about a minute to walk? Any thoughts?

No more than one minute!  I actually started my song and then had the hostesses lay rose petals down the aisle and I waited for a few seconds before I started walking and I still didn't get halfway through the song and it was 3 minutes and 15 seconds long.  The WC faded the music out. You can ask them to play the entire song which I did and they said ok but I was running over 30 minutes late and the minister and the videographer had another wedding to do so they kinda rushed me.

Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post

Quote:

Both DJs were booked our weekend so we're doing the iPod thing. I hear there's someone there from the resort that can control it for you. We're going to fool proof it so that hopefully, its easy to understand. We're doing a playlist for dinner (instrumentals), a playlist for dancing and putting our songs (i.e. 1st dance, etc) in their own list so hopefully it will go ok. I have to admit I'm having nightmares about this not going well but I just can't justify paying $1400 for a DJ from the resort and they won't even tell you who they use so you can get reviews ahead of time.

I actually had two playlists for the reception.  I had one titled reception playlist 1 which was the music that we played during dinner.  The other one was reception playlist 2 which had our first dance as the first song and we just let it play from there.  We really had no problem at all.  I just told the WC to play the 1st one when we sat down and when we got up to do the 1st dance I told him to switch to the 2nd playlist.  Relax!  I promise you won't have a problem!!!!

The walkway is definitely shorter in person than it appears in pictures.  I counted about 19 steps in the sand then 13 steps on the plank when I was practicing during my last trip :)

Danielle - Was this one minute starting from the top or bottom of the ramp?

Originally Posted by daniepps View Post

No more than one minute!  I actually started my song and then had the hostesses lay rose petals down the aisle and I waited for a few seconds before I started walking and I still didn't get halfway through the song and it was 3 minutes and 15 seconds long.  The WC faded the music out. You can ask them to play the entire song which I did and they said ok but I was running over 30 minutes late and the minister and the videographer had another wedding to do so they kinda rushed me.

We are skipping the cake.. we are doing the BBQ buffet which comes with plenty of dessert and I am also not a big sweets person so it isn't a big loss to me!

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

Hey girls,

Has anyone considered skipping the cake?  I can't decide if I really want/need a cake. 

Do any of our married girls have pics of your cake? 

Oh, and my bridesmaid realized that it wasn't fair to me to skip my wedding based on her feelings for another guest, so it's all good now! :o)

I apologize for being so clueless, but does any one have advice about who to contact about finding out if certain dates are available for a wedding next year? Do I need to go through a GI consultant? We're also planning to do a site in November so I'd like to set that up with someone. The website didn't list an email...thank you!