Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Victoria - What day in May is your wedding?  Theres a few of us at the beginning of May sharing a photographer, so if your within that week, you might be interested to!

Originally Posted by Vic0214 View Post

HI what photgraphers did you guys hire? And how much is it costing you?

An outside DJ is a good idea.  Good to get some recommendations.  I'll have to check them out!  A DJ knows when to turn it up and get the party going.  Thanks for posting this! :)

Originally Posted by beaz2be View Post

Anyone care to share again what they're doing DJ-wise?  I've heard that both DJ Doremixx and DJ Mania (both recommended on this forum and I think Kittenheart used Mania if I remember) are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than the AS DJ.  Even with the $500 outside vendor fee?!?!

I'm still debating DJ stuff.  I would do the IPOD myself but FI feels that a DJ might be better (music is important for him).  We also have a friend who may be coming who's a DJ but I don't think I really want to ask him to work at our wedding....

Looking for opinions.

Quote:

Anyone care to share again what they're doing DJ-wise? 

Looking for opinions.

Both DJs were booked our weekend so we're doing the iPod thing. I hear there's someone there from the resort that can control it for you. We're going to fool proof it so that hopefully, its easy to understand. We're doing a playlist for dinner (instrumentals), a playlist for dancing and putting our songs (i.e. 1st dance, etc) in their own list so hopefully it will go ok. I have to admit I'm having nightmares about this not going well but I just can't justify paying $1400 for a DJ from the resort and they won't even tell you who they use so you can get reviews ahead of time.

Just PM'd you

Amanda!

Yes, it is so close. I am definitely stress out. I've been soooo busy at work I have not had the time to really work on wedding stuff. I am actually traveling for work on Monday and not returning till Thursday night. I have a final dress fitting on Thursday night and my FI leave to Baltimore for his bachelor party. We have 2-1/2 cases filed with just wedding stuff. My parents are bringing reception decorations for us so that saved us some suite cases.

I need to schedule a meeting with an onsite WC. We have the free sweet wedding package. I think I read somewhere that you have the same package. I also got the GI promotion through my TA like you did but decided to spend on the spa package rather than the private cocktail. I was planning to pay for hair/make up anyway so it worked out great for me. My mom and I are doing to pedicure and manicure together - FREE! can't beat that.

We still have to put together the music list and make the lights for the lanterns.

Few more things to do and I think I will call it a QUIT!!! We are flying into Mexico on Wed Oct 6. How about you? It would be nice to finally meet you and have a drink together!

Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post

Chong! We are so close! I am so worked up/excited/stressd that I can barley do anything. How are you holding up? Are you all squared away? I'm not yet but getting close. Still waiting on the date of my onsite meeting with the WC team. Do you have yours.

What day do you get in? We should def say hello! I would love to meet you and see all of your wedding planning in action, well sort of...won't happen in action because I'll be getting married too.

Hey, out of curiousity, which of the wedding packages are you doing?

Ah...ok that's all for now. Back to work then home to stuff seating cards in the place card holders and start packing. I think we are going to have like 6 suitcases. AHHH!

Amanda and I are both getting married on Oct 10 (not to each other...but on the same day cheesy.gif) and I will be using iPOD and Amanda is having a DJ. I will let you know how the iPOD worked out at our wedding!

Quote:

Anyone care to share again what they're doing DJ-wise?  I've heard that both DJ Doremixx and DJ Mania (both recommended on this forum and I think Kittenheart used Mania if I remember) are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than the AS DJ.  Even with the $500 outside vendor fee?!?!

I'm still debating DJ stuff.  I would do the IPOD myself but FI feels that a DJ might be better (music is important for him).  We also have a friend who may be coming who's a DJ but I don't think I really want to ask him to work at our wedding....

Looking for opinions.

We are using Erik Rodriguez for 5 hours at cost of $2850. It's pricey but I do love his work and didn't have to bring a photographer with us to Mexico or pay outside vendor fee. I have the wedding photo package with all the costs. If you would like, please send me your email address and I will send it to you.

I just have to say...my TA is the best. I just got my travel package yesterday in the mail. She sent me a JUST MARRIED flip flop and GI Promotional Gift Certificates - Private Dinner on the Beach and Spa package for both us. She is so thoughtful!!! She's been the best TA to work with.

Her name is Gayle Hirsch with Destination Weddings. I highly recommend her if you are looking for a TA!

That is AMAZING!  I wonder if a lot of destinationweddings.com TAs do that...I hope mine does something like that.  Not only is it fabulous and thoughtful, but it's something that is above and beyond and you'll be telling everyone about (which you already did :) ) and that is awesome word of mouth advertising.

Originally Posted by chong View Post

I just have to say...my TA is the best. I just got my travel package yesterday in the mail. She sent me a JUST MARRIED flip flop and GI Promotional Gift Certificates - Private Dinner on the Beach and Spa package for both us. She is so thoughtful!!! She's been the best TA to work with.

Her name is Gayle Hirsch with Destination Weddings. I highly recommend her if you are looking for a TA!