Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Hi Ladies,

Thanks again for the positive feedback and support.  I took a bit of a weekend break from the forum and wedding planning and am feeling refreshed about it all.  You're all right that this is about our FIs and ourselves and the people who come to celebrate with us.  And it will be a BLAST.  No matter WHAT decisions we make about cakes, invites, flowers, food etc. etc.  The right people will be there and it will be beautiful and festive and just exactly right for EACH of us brides, individually.  :-)

Originally Posted by herbie76 View Post

Hi Ladies,

I have just had my date confirmed for our wedding at Sensatori resort, it is 2nd August 2011 at 3pm. Soooooo excitedwoot.gif

Welcome welcome!!  This forum is an AMAZING support as you're planning.  So happy you've joined us  cheer2.gif

smile105.gifHeHe... I boss my FI around all the time...though it doesn't work every time. It's always better for you to boss him around then the other way :)

Originally Posted by Mahalo79 View Post

Hello Ladies,

i have to say my favourite is Chongs advice: don't let FI boss me around just cause he is paying for the wedding LOL!  Thanks for the support!!  I wanted to comment on the fact that a lot of our prices are all over the map but I'm Canadian too so I do think our rates have been comparable.  I asked my TA about it and as there is so much more volume of business on the American side there are more deals to be had, especially the bride and groom stay free promo, if you qualify that's amazing!  Our guests out of Toronto are paying 1540 for the week for jr jacuzzi suites, we are going Wed to Wed, April 20-27 over the Easter long weekend.  Our BC guests were quoted 1770.  The only problem I have now is that we only have 30 reserved seats on the plane and have 25 guests booked already.  Stressful! This means we can only book one or two more rooms as after that our seats on the plane run out and any more guests can't get that package.  Guests are on their own after that, having to take a different flight & will cost more to stay at the resort.  Well, the most important people are already coming, by family and closest friends, so anyone else who makes it down there is a bonus!  Also we are going to have a good sized AHR party, so everyone else can come to that!  Thanks for the advice and listening it helps me stay sane!

I will keep you posted on what we are doing for our honeymoon, I'm still not sure.  It's 1540 pp for FI and I plus 1245pp for the 2nd week.  I'm trying to see if switching resorts the 2nd week will bring down the cost.  fingers crossed! 

also you are right, positive attracts positive, so it's great we are all here to support each other. 

Amanda, we are having mojitos as our signature drinks and it's FREE. I guess it's already available at the resort so no special liquor is required...

Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post

Wow. I wish this was the case for me. I am having my wedding on the sky deck and so guests get a welcome drink.(They told me only champagne which is fine.) Then we are having the free cocktail party and the listing denotes "signature cocktail" but every time I send a recipe to my WC she goes to Loams for a quote. very time its been $3 or $4 per drink. When I askd her what would be included (thinking the drinks I chose are too exotic) she tells me only champagne. Now I know that wasn't the case with Amy K but I know they make up their rules as they go along. It's just frustratig because I am having my menus designed and printed as we speak. I have so much to do that I have settled on champagne...but I would love to have a real alcohol drink at the cocktail recepetion because now it's only wine, beer and soft drinks.

I was told NO. I also wanted to ship some boxes in advance but it is HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED. The resort is not responsible if the boxes get lost. I don't want to take that chance...

Have any past brides shipped anything to the resort? I have 70 OOT bags that I just don't think I can bring. On top of everything we need for the week, all of the baby's stuff and my dress I just can't imagine carrying it all. I wish I had someone to bring them for me but that doesn't work out. FI's MOm suggested DHL. Thoughts?

Thanks. We are so excited about our mojito!!!

Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post

We had a signature cocktail served to our guests at the ceremony site immediately following the ceremony, and the best part is that it was free!  I was never clear as to why it was free, but you should ask.  Other brides I talked to said theirs was free as well.  We included the recipe for our drink on our details sheet and they made it no problem.  AmyKH had a tasting of some cocktails she was considering once she got down there, as I recall, and didn't send hers ahead of time.

That is expensive... $25 per bottle? Luckily we are pretty flexible :)

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

This doesn't answer your question, but it reminded me of something else I wanted to mention to you girls.

During our site visit in March, the onsite coordinator told us we can bring our own champagne/wine for a $25/bottle corking fee.  This sounds outrageous, but if you insist on having Veuve, Dom, etc. for your toast (like my FI!)...it could actually turn out cheaper to bring your own.  Just another tip.

Congrats!!!

Where are you having the ceremony at? I was told 3pm might be too hot outside and was recommended to have some kind of shade. I changed my wedding time to 530pm instead. You might want to check it out.

Hi Ladies,

I have just had my date confirmed for our wedding at Sensatori resort, it is 2nd August 2011 at 3pm. Soooooo excitedwoot.gif

Quote:

Hi Ladies,

welcome1.gif This forum could likely become one of your best assets during this process. I would be lost without it!

You know what I am going to do? Just let is slide now and ask for the drink when I am there. I bet it works out. Only problem is I won't have menus made up for the signature cocktail but it's not the end of the world. I am sure the bartenders can tell guests what it is. Especially if we come up with a cute name for it.

And my WC is Carolina too....so I bet you'll run into the same problem. But hopefully not! :)

That's basically been my plan about everything else I have to take care of. I don't even have the energy to go back and forth anymore. If our menu didn't determine our final payment, I wouldn't even deal with them for that either.

Originally Posted by amcferron View Post

Hi girls, just wanted to share some info I got in an e-mail from Fabio today, FINALLY!!!  I e-mailed him August 31 and just got the e-mail today!!! smile27.gif

Lastly, we have started thinking about food.  I have the banquet kit and we are wanting to do a sit down dinner.  The question I have is are we able to give our guests choices or does everyone have to eat the same thing?? You are free to offer up to 2 main course options, all other courses must be the same for the entire group. The main course selection count must be submitted to your off site coordinator no later than 45 days prior.

Thanks for the info!!

Originally Posted by chong View Post

27 days till the wedding thewave.gif

i have so much to do... HELP!

What do you need help with?

I have a question for you ladies that recently made you final payment to the resort. Were they on time with this?

I'm asking because our final payment for our rooms is due the same day our final payment is due to the resort. I want to make sure the number of our guests doesn't change and possibly offer them a choice of entrees since I didn't think about that before we sent out invites.

Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post

I have a question for you ladies that recently made you final payment to the resort. Were they on time with this?

I'm asking because our final payment for our rooms is due the same day our final payment is due to the resort. I want to make sure the number of our guests doesn't change and possibly offer them a choice of entrees since I didn't think about that before we sent out invites.

They were on time with me but they did allow changes after I made the payment.  I had more guests book their trip after my final payment was due so they allowed me to add more meals as well as change the number of meals I offered. However, I've heard some other brides say they didn't take out their payment until a few days before and sometimes after their wedding.