Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Damn Mexicana!!! Now I need to find new flights and nothing exists that not atleast $@%0 more or 15 hours long. WTH am I going to do? I thought about extending the trip (on the early side...we have to get back the same day we already had planned) but the price doesn't drop and then we have to pay for rooms! Uggh. I'll get through it I know but so not what I wanted 6 weeks out.

Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post

Damn Mexicana!!! Now I need to find new flights and nothing exists that not atleast $@%0 more or 15 hours long. WTH am I going to do? I thought about extending the trip (on the early side...we have to get back the same day we already had planned) but the price doesn't drop and then we have to pay for rooms! Uggh. I'll get through it I know but so not what I wanted 6 weeks out.

Is there another airport that you could try flying out of? Not familiar with your area, but I know that has helped us in the past. A few hours drive, a different airport, different airlines....keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

I'm confused, did you say you bought your stuff when you got there, or you brought it? 

I think your cake is adorable!!

I bought the stuff here and took it with me.

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

Love the simple centerpiece. I plan on buying the stuff once I get down there to avoid extra weight. I think the cake is lovely! Did it taste good? :)

We actually ended up with 7 suitcases all together and two were full of just wedding stuff.  It really wasn't that bad taking everything with us.  We paid $80 total for luggage because we both checked two and carried on one and gave the other one to one of our kids to check (they were on a different flight) so I really didn't think it was that bad pricewise.  Keep in mind if you wait until you get to Mexico, a taxi ride to Cancun is $80 round trip and it's $60 round trip to Playa del Carmen so it may end up being cheaper to bring it with you.

I actually can't tell you what the cake tasted like because I only took one bite after we cut it and fed each other a piece.  My guests said it was good though.  Half of the cupcakes were lemon.  The other half were vanilla.

Originally Posted by beaz2be View Post

I really quite love that cake!  I love the little mini ones.  Do you know if they charge the usual price no matter what cake you order?  The price of the cake is already one of those things that I'm flabbergasted by with AS.  So I'm wary of requesting anything too elaborate.

I gave them two pictures, the one I ended up ordering and another cake which was just a 3 tiered square cake and requested a price for 40 people.  I was quoted $568 for both cakes which is their standard 3 tier, 40 person cake price.

What city are you coming from?

Originally Posted by daniepps View Post

We actually ended up with 7 suitcases all together and two were full of just wedding stuff.  It really wasn't that bad taking everything with us.  We paid $80 total for luggage because we both checked two and carried on one and gave the other one to one of our kids to check (they were on a different flight) so I really didn't think it was that bad pricewise.  Keep in mind if you wait until you get to Mexico, a taxi ride to Cancun is $80 round trip and it's $60 round trip to Playa del Carmen so it may end up being cheaper to bring it with you.

I gave them two pictures, the one I ended up ordering and another cake which was just a 3 tiered square cake and requested a price for 40 people.  I was quoted $568 for both cakes which is their standard 3 tier, 40 person cake price.

We already plan on renting a car for a few days like we did last time. I think the car was about $40/day, so well worth.  I think your luggage rules must be different than ours. We have already upgraded our seats to get the 30kg allowance maximum. Not that much! So I am trying to watch my weight very careful.

Surprised at the cake prices though...

I'm also considering the Sky deck and hoping to book for October 2011.  I'd love to see photos too!  Also, I'm having a hard time figuring out what my total cost will be when all is said and done.  If anyone has a budget that they wouldn't mind sharing, I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks!

Throughout this thread there are quite a few pics of girls weddings on the sky deck.  There's actually a really nice one only 10-20 pages back (Julia i think?)  I've also come across quite a few pics on Google Images.  Here is a picture of the sky deck with zero decorations.

Sky Deck.JPG

Then this is the entrance.  All the air conditioners in the background were sort of ugly, but I think once people and decorations are up there, nobody would even notice.  I'd be curious to know if the past brides ever noticed them? 

You really can't beat the views and the privacy of this location.  I would have liked my wedding up here, but my FI was set on the beach gazebo and I loved that location as well! 

Welcome, and good luck with your planning!

Sky deck entrance.JPG

Hey Girls.  I know I mentioned this before, but I wanted to let you know one more time...  I'll be at Azul Sensatori this coming Wednesday thru Sunday (Sept 1-5), so if anyone needs me to take any pics or look at anything specific, please let me know.  I'll have plenty of spare time, so its no trouble at all!

Jaime

Azul Sensatori, May 7, 2011!!

Originally Posted by daniepps View Post

wedding-cakes-hyc3e.jpg

Love it!

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

Here's my dress!!  I love it!!

I still can't open attachments... I need to post more!  Congrats on buying your dress, I'm sure it looks beautiful :)  I get married May 6 and still haven't made up my mind lol

Originally Posted by beaz2be View Post

Thanks Maggie (and all the ladies) for the suggestions on this.  I talked to my TA about it and she set me at ease a bit.  She told me that it's not really that the resort is booked up but that the majority of the basic level of room that the offer to the tour operators for the best price is pretty much gone. (She said there's only one left).  So basically, it will be more expensive for people to book from here on out.  She also said that we may need to look at different tour operators because some might be able to offer what others can't (ie. the allotment for them isn't used up etc.)

If worst comes to worst and the resort IS sold out, then we will have to try and negotiate with the hotel for those guests staying at other places.

I do think that it will be okay in the end.  I'm still a little unnerved by the fact I'll be sending out invitations and there may be problems for those guests who try and come after they receive the invite, but I can't waste the energy worrying about something unknown that I can't control - - right?!

Absolutely!  You'll see that everything will turn out ok

So sorry you are going through this.  Do you have a TA that can help you search for deals?  Good luck...  I'm sure you guys will find something!hug2.gif

post-27747-13862211404_thumb.jpg