Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

What kind of room type are you expecting for the guests that haven't booked yet?  And about how many rooms?  I can't imagine they are already almost full!!  Sounds like someone might be exageratting.

Originally Posted by beaz2be View Post

Ladies,

My TA has me all freaked out because she keeps talking about how the resort is almost fully booked etc.  (prices are skyrocketing and so on).  I know it's the long weekend when we are getting married, so this may possibly happen, but we're still 9 months out?!?!?!?!  It can't be THAT full already?!?!  We had a guaranteed group rate available already and while many people took advantage of that I still have lots of guests saying they plan to come (but aren't ready to book so far in advance).  I wasn't planning on even getting the invites out until October!

So,  what do I do if the resort is fully booked but we still have people wanting to come?  Does anyone know if guests at the Azul Beach can come and use the Sensatori's facilities?  And do you have to pay the guest fee (of $80 or whatever it is) for people from another Karisma property to come to the wedding?  I'm not too worried if I know that, if the AS sells out, then people could book at the AB or another El Dorado resort and still come spend time with us and be at the wedding itself.

Anyone have any insight to share?

Originally Posted by beaz2be View Post

Ladies,

My TA has me all freaked out because she keeps talking about how the resort is almost fully booked etc.  (prices are skyrocketing and so on).  I know it's the long weekend when we are getting married, so this may possibly happen, but we're still 9 months out?!?!?!?!  It can't be THAT full already?!?!  We had a guaranteed group rate available already and while many people took advantage of that I still have lots of guests saying they plan to come (but aren't ready to book so far in advance).  I wasn't planning on even getting the invites out until October!

So,  what do I do if the resort is fully booked but we still have people wanting to come?  Does anyone know if guests at the Azul Beach can come and use the Sensatori's facilities?  And do you have to pay the guest fee (of $80 or whatever it is) for people from another Karisma property to come to the wedding?  I'm not too worried if I know that, if the AS sells out, then people could book at the AB or another El Dorado resort and still come spend time with us and be at the wedding itself.

Anyone have any insight to share?

Actually, this came up a couple months ago if I recall.  Another bride had Memorial Day weekend 2011 and found the hotel was almost completely booked up.  If I'm remembering correctly...

If your guests stay at another property, including AB or EDR, they'd have to have a day pass to come onto AS's property.  However, you might be able to negotiate free passes the day of the wedding if you're having a private reception and have paid for their meals.  AB is within walking distance to AS if you walk the beach.  However, I wouldn't count on AB being a viable option for your guests.  AB has only 98 rooms so it's much smaller than AS.  EDR is probably your best bet since it's huge, however it's not within walking distance since it's on the other side of PM.

I will say that we walked from AB to AS and had no problem walking onto AS from the beach side.  We toured the property and even helped ourselves to some soft serve!  However, for your own peace of mind it'd be better to have the passes worked out beforehand as opposed to them sneaking in. 

Don't worry just yet.  More rooms may come available.  The rooms are divied in blocks to various tour operators, and if those tour operators don't sell them then they might become available.

Hi Ladies -

I'm not sure how many of you were interested in lanterns but my FI and I recently went to Chinatown in San Francisco and stumbled upon a store that sold lanterns of all shapes and sizes at really low prices. I had never seen the star shaped lanterns (not that I have been doing much online wedding prep lately) and think I might be leaning in that direction. Mostly, I was impressed with their variety and prices. I will try to post some photos below and if you are interested, please let me know. We go there frequently and will surely go within the next month or so if anyone who is not marrying immediately is interested. I tried to take pics of the prices so you Ladies could get an idea of the value.

DSC_0268.jpg

DSC_0267.jpg

DSC_0266.jpg

DSC_0262.jpg

DSC_0264.jpg

DSC_0270.jpg

DSC_0271.jpg

Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post

Hi Ladies -

I'm not sure how many of you were interested in lanterns but my FI and I recently went to Chinatown in San Francisco and stumbled upon a store that sold lanterns of all shapes and sizes at really low prices. I had never seen the star shaped lanterns (not that I have been doing much online wedding prep lately) and think I might be leaning in that direction. Mostly, I was impressed with their variety and prices. I will try to post some photos below and if you are interested, please let me know. We go there frequently and will surely go within the next month or so if anyone who is not marrying immediately is interested. I tried to take pics of the prices so you Ladies could get an idea of the value.

oooooh those are beautiful!!  And the prices are even more beautiful!!!  I see my main color in there (aqua/turquoise), so I think I'll be emailing you soon with a special request :)  Thank you so much for sharing!

Wow, those lanterns are awesome.  I need to place an order for some of those.  Anyone know how they are set up at Zavaz Plaza?  Do the WC's set it up for you? 

And big news girls,  I BOUGHT MY DRESS TODAY!  It is beautiful and I am so excited for my wedding now.  :o)

We need to see a picture of it :)

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

Wow, those lanterns are awesome.  I need to place an order for some of those.  Anyone know how they are set up at Zavaz Plaza?  Do the WC's set it up for you? 

And big news girls,  I BOUGHT MY DRESS TODAY!  It is beautiful and I am so excited for my wedding now.  :o)

Found the latest list! 

Looks like I'll peeping on Lecreatifbride :)

Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post

Another update :)

July 2010
meghan - July 1, 2010
Meesh – July 10, 2009
momichele – July 24, 2010
Daniepps – July 31, 2010
August 2010
September 2010

Lecreatifbride - Sept 4, 2010
October 2010
amandamarieb – October 10, 2010