Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

uuuugh.  That sounds tough  (I don't do criminal law thank goodness.  Don't think I could handle that kind of thing easily on a day-to-day basis).  Well, welcome back to less intense topics (like bouquets and invitations).  rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post

It was interesting and distrubing at the same time. Sexual aggravated Assult on a Child

Although it seems they allow Mexican photogs if you pay the vendor fee, I just wanted t mention that del Sol are banned from the Karisma properties!  So you may want to ensure the phoog you want is allowed before you book if it means a lot to you.  I was pretty disappointed with the policy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveyDovey View Post

Hi Girlies...

I took someones advice and I have been reading old posts...started at 400 and Im at like 550 now

its taking me foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrr!  but im learning a lot!

quick question about photogs

are we allowed to use a mexico photographer(not on their list) if we pay the 500??

i read somewhere that the outside photog cannot be mexico based?

but then i saw weddings with mexico photogs, like elizabeth medina

also, who are their photogs?  caribe, matias  and claudia?  some ppl are saying shes on, others say she's not.

Thanks a bunch!

Welcome back Maggie! Back to happy thoughts of sunshine and wedding :)

Originally Posted by mmc1105 View Post

Although it seems they allow Mexican photogs if you pay the vendor fee, I just wanted t mention that del Sol are banned from the Karisma properties!  So you may want to ensure the phoog you want is allowed before you book if it means a lot to you.  I was pretty disappointed with the policy.

We made sure our photographer was okay'd before we signed our contract. We are bringing someone with us, and we didn't want to pay the $500 penalty. From my understanding it's not even the resort that gets the $500 fee, it goes directly to Caribe/ or the other one, since they lost out on the wedding deal. So when you're dealing with the resort use that information to your advantage!

So...I'm thinking of the following for bridemaids dresses...both very similar....the 1st is one from David's Bridal in lapis...2 and 3 are the same dress from Mori Lee...2 is Eggplant, 3 is Aubergine....

What do you guys think?  What color do you like the best?

post-28640-138622109564_thumb.jpg

Originally Posted by msmarmar123 View Post

So...I'm thinking of the following for bridemaids dresses...both very similar....the 1st is one from David's Bridal in lapis...2 and 3 are the same dress from Mori Lee...2 is Eggplant, 3 is Aubergine....

What do you guys think?  What color do you like the best?

Dress #2!  I like the Mori Lee dress better than the David's one b/c it's flowier and is just really cute.  I like the eggplant over the Aubergine b/c I think it'll pop more in a tropical setting.  What are your other colors?  Sorry if you've already been over this on here...I can't keep everyone's colors straight!

post-22320-138622109573_thumb.jpg

Colors are purple and cream/white and like eucalytus green...

This is the bouquet I'm really liking for me.... 

And I'm thinking just like ivory roses or something with some sort of greenery for the bridesmaids

Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post

Dress #2!  I like the Mori Lee dress better than the David's one b/c it's flowier and is just really cute.  I like the eggplant over the Aubergine b/c I think it'll pop more in a tropical setting.  What are your other colors?  Sorry if you've already been over this on here...I can't keep everyone's colors straight!

post-28640-138622109584_thumb.jpg

I am a procrastinator - which makes me a "procrastinating bride":

Planning to rd through the threads but feel like its info overload with so many threads - there must be some sort of recommendations b/n "can't wait for it to open" to "today" - any recommendation on where to start???

Toronto bride: travelling Jan 22/11 for a week with our wedding day on the 26th at the Azul Sensatori.  Invites are out; responses due by Aug 31; around 30 or more confirmed at this pt.  Booked through "The wedding holiday" in Mississauga.  Bringing my own photographer from Toronto - willing to share with another Toronto area bride if interested and your wedding date isn't the same day!  At some point I guess I will worry about the wedding pkg deets we upgraded to - unless there are some other views?! 

I had quoted the question on the BM's dresses but it didn't pop up ~ Msmarmar123 - I like the Mori Lee dress in the darker color!! Very cute dress!

Originally Posted by nv+gms View Post

I am a procrastinator - which makes me a "procrastinating bride":

Planning to rd through the threads but feel like its info overload with so many threads - there must be some sort of recommendations b/n "can't wait for it to open" to "today" - any recommendation on where to start???

Toronto bride: travelling Jan 22/11 for a week with our wedding day on the 26th at the Azul Sensatori.  Invites are out; responses due by Aug 31; around 30 or more confirmed at this pt.  Booked through "The wedding holiday" in Mississauga.  Bringing my own photographer from Toronto - willing to share with another Toronto area bride if interested and your wedding date isn't the same day!  At some point I guess I will worry about the wedding pkg deets we upgraded to - unless there are some other views?! 

Many of the girls have recommended from like 400 on.  I started with that but then went back and looked at any of the reviews or pics I could find from the earlier postings.  Good luck!!

Like everyone else suggested... you should really TELL them what you want. Also try to use your TA as much as possible. My TA was awesome and talked to the resort directly rather than having me in the middle.

Originally Posted by LoveyDovey View Post

Hi Girlies...

I took someones advice and I have been reading old posts...started at 400 and Im at like 550 now

its taking me foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrr!  but im learning a lot!

quick question about photogs

are we allowed to use a mexico photographer(not on their list) if we pay the 500??

i read somewhere that the outside photog cannot be mexico based?

but then i saw weddings with mexico photogs, like elizabeth medina

also, who are their photogs?  caribe, matias  and claudia?  some ppl are saying shes on, others say she's not.

Thanks a bunch!

wedit.com sounds awesome. I need to check it out!!! Thanks :)

Originally Posted by msmarmar123 View Post

Haha.. you are so funny. I guess start getting early doesn't hurt. I just didn't want to look all pretty and have to sit still for hours. Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by daniepps View Post

1)  Since we brought our photographers with us, we did pay for their meals.  I'm not sure what I would've done if we used a Mexican photographer but I think it is customary to provide a meal for the photographer.

2)  Our wedding was scheduled to start at 3 but started around 3:30 and was over around 3:50.  The reception was scheduled for 4:30 but we didn't get it started until around 5 because we were still taking pictures.  We took pictures for about an hour but that felt rushed so I'd say anywhere from an hour and a half to two hours is enough time.

3) I would say start everything as early as possible.  My ceremony was scheduled for 3pm and I started getting ready at 9am and was still late!  My MOH started my hair at 10 (I had a weave done).  She finished that around 12.  Then I got my eyelashes done which took about 45 minutes to an hour.  I then left the room and went to the spa to get a polish change.  That took an hour and 15 minutes.  I got back to the room at 2:15 and still had to get my hair styled, make-up done and get dressed.  We finally walked out the room at 3:20.  So all that to say while it seems like nothing should really take a long time, everything takes longer than it normally does on your wedding day.  So for a 5:30 ceremony I'd say you should get started no later than noon.

Us women have it so bad. The day before our wedding there was another wedding at 4pm.  The groom and groomsmen from that wedding were in the pool taking shots with us until 3:15.  There's absolutely no way we could get ready for a wedding in 45 minutes!!!!