Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:

Originally Posted by msmarmar123 View Post

Sorry guys....my TA read it wrong...that would have been great...unlimited UNCOVERED chairs...srtill have to pay for covers....

Thanks for the update!

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

Well, that's really sucky.  I get a little anxious every day when I hear all the nickel and dime stuff with this resort.  :(  It is very frustrating.  I thought they were supposed to make our day perfect.  I suppose perfect doesn't come without a cost though.  Boo.  Well, I'm sorry to hear you're having such a tough time.  Hopefully something will come along that will kind of even it out?? 

Thanks for your kind words. I needed them!

Originally Posted by LoveyDovey View Post

Hi Girls!

My name is Jenni...been lurking on this site for a few days. 

we thought about working with a wedding planning co called Luxe...they are TAs and wedding planners in one...but someone who is a TA told me not bother because the staff at the hotel is super helpful.

I agree that an outside wedding planner isn't necessary. I was about to go that route and I'm glad I didn't. All you need is a TA.

do you mind sharing the pricing? I have been getting quotes from photographers and so far they have all started at 4500!

Originally Posted by ROBINBOOSE View Post

Hi, I'm getting married at azul sensatori in March. Does anyone have any recommendations on photographers? Caribe and Claudia are who the hotel is telling me to use but I wasn't impressed with either's portfolio.HELP

Try Andrew Jordan based in Cleveland. He has a house in Riviera Maya so he doesn't need a place to stay. He's really nice, quoted me a very reasonable price and is willing to negotiate.

Also, the outside vendor fee is for ANY outside vendor you use that isn't staying at the resort for a minimum of 3 nights.

do TAs charge you a fee?

TA's generally don't charge a fee. They get paid from the resort. I think with destinationweddings.com you have to pay like $50 just to show them you're really serious.

Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz View Post

Hey girls!!!!!  I am back!!!!!!  The past 2 weeks have truly been the most amazing weeks of my life!!!!  Being married is the BEST thing in the entire world.  Ryan and I are on cloud 9!  Everything went perfectly during our wedding weekend, including the weather!!  It was 80-85 and sunny everyday!  We even got chilly at night! Whew!!!!!!!  The wedding planners and staff at Le Blanc were a DREAM to work with and did everything they possibly could to make our weekend super special!!  I will be posting a review very soon!!  A few people have posted some pics and tagged me on facebook, so hopefully you are able to pull them up!  I also set up a kodak account, so I will share that as soon as more pictures get uploaded from the guests.  If you guys are looking for a honeymoon spot, I HIGHLY recommend Le Blanc.  It was OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!!  The people were so nice and the resort was fabulous!!  I hope all the wedding planning is going great for you girls.  Trust me, as soon as you step foot on the resort, you will not have a worry in the world!!!

smile29.gifConratulations MRS!!! I'm so glad to hear everything went great. Can't wait to see your pics!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post

Hello Ladies! big prgress today!

First my dress is in and I pick it up Sat. I am then going to store it at a friends house till March when I see if we need alterations.

Second Booked my BD shoot for March with Chrstine Tremoulet here is Houston. Very excited about that!

Third All the inviations are stuff, labeled and ready. They just need my TA's booking instruction letter and I am ready to mail these bad boys!

Fourth Deposits on room have been made by all essential family members coming so rooms are booked

Fifth I am really liking my WC Maria Fay - She has been getting back to me so qick and we have most of the detail sheet worked out on details. Just Need numbers :)

Sixth Ordered my Thank you for booking Thank You cards with our monogram on them!
WHEW

Wow! You got a lot done. I'll let you know how it was with Christine.

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

This is my first attempt at posting a picture, so I'm crossing my fingers this works!  I had been meaning to share my STDs (which actually turned into full invitations!).  I know a Passport is old news for us DW pros, but all my guests thought it was a completely original idea (haha...so sneaky).

STD Collage.jpg

Very nice! Did you do these yourself?

Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post

Very nice! Did you do these yourself?

Oh, I wish I could lie and say I did these myself.  I had tons of great ideas in my head, but could not get them on paper.  No artistic ability at all!  We found a pro here in Houston that took all of my ideas and made them exactly the way I explained.  She was amazing!  I definitely went over budget (especially since I planned on DIY), but it was so nice to sit back and let someone else take care of it.

Do you girls know anything about doing a food tasting during a site visit? I asked my WC about a few weeks ago and she yet to get a response from the onsite crew.  If it costs extra thats fine, I'd just love to get some sort of info on it.  My next visit is only 2 weeks away, so I'm getting anxious!

Yay, that sounds exciting.  Can't wait to hear your feedback on the resort!  Have Fun!

Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post

Hi Jenni!  Yes, you should definitely get a TA.  Planning a wedding is stressful enough without having to deal with all the travel hiccups that will inevitably come up.  Also, the more people in your corner during the planning process the better!  The hotel staff is really helpful but you don't really get to deal with them until you get down there for your wedding.  All the planning goes through the Miami office.  Also, they don't deal with the travel aspect of things.

You do not need an outside wedding planner.  Once you've booked your date you'll be assigned a hotel WC.  Having another one would just get in the way.

In terms of who to go with for a TA, well the sky's the limit!  I used destinationweddings.com and would recommend my TA.  Others have had questionable experiences with the company.  Also, BDW is built around a travel agency -- Wright Travel Agency.  They're all awesome TA's from what I've heard.  Just click the link at the top of the screen.

I agree with all of this!  And what someone else wrote about not needing a separate wedding planner.  :o)

Hey girls!!!!!  I am back!!!!!!  The past 2 weeks have truly been the most amazing weeks of my life!!!!  Being married is the BEST thing in the entire world.  Ryan and I are on cloud 9!  Everything went perfectly during our wedding weekend, including the weather!!  It was 80-85 and sunny everyday!  We even got chilly at night! Whew!!!!!!!  The wedding planners and staff at Le Blanc were a DREAM to work with and did everything they possibly could to make our weekend super special!!  I will be posting a review very soon!!  A few people have posted some pics and tagged me on facebook, so hopefully you are able to pull them up!  I also set up a kodak account, so I will share that as soon as more pictures get uploaded from the guests.  If you guys are looking for a honeymoon spot, I HIGHLY recommend Le Blanc.  It was OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!!  The people were so nice and the resort was fabulous!!  I hope all the wedding planning is going great for you girls.  Trust me, as soon as you step foot on the resort, you will not have a worry in the world!!!

Congratulations Mrs!!  Can't wait to see all your pictures.  So glad you had a fabulous time!

Originally Posted by Chapa View Post

Hey! I am getting married April 30th. What kind of prices are we talking?

I don't know yet.  But, I will look into a few recommended people and let you know.  It would be nice to split the price and get a fabulous photog.  I was gonna be a cheapo and do the resort photogs.  :o)

Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post

Hello Ladies! big prgress today!

First my dress is in and I pick it up Sat. I am then going to store it at a friends house till March when I see if we need alterations.

Second Booked my BD shoot for March with Chrstine Tremoulet here is Houston. Very excited about that!

Third All the inviations are stuff, labeled and ready. They just need my TA's booking instruction letter and I am ready to mail these bad boys!

Fourth Deposits on room have been made by all essential family members coming so rooms are booked

Fifth I am really liking my WC Maria Fay - She has been getting back to me so qick and we have most of the detail sheet worked out on details. Just Need numbers :)

Sixth Ordered my Thank you for booking Thank You cards with our monogram on them!
WHEW

Dang girl!!  Good for you!  I need to get on the ball.  I'm getting married before you and haven't done half of that. 

This is my first attempt at posting a picture, so I'm crossing my fingers this works!  I had been meaning to share my STDs (which actually turned into full invitations!).  I know a Passport is old news for us DW pros, but all my guests thought it was a completely original idea (haha...so sneaky).

STD Collage.jpg

They look fabulous!  I love the passport idea.  I think they are too cute!

Oh, and for our new friend (whose considering this resort), I am using destinationweddings.com and with them you get to choose b/w either a free cocktail party, a spa package which includes a manicure, trial hair/makeup and the real thing, or a photog credit. 

Might be something for you to consider if getting the trial is important to you.  They also have other incentives which are nice.  My TA has just been okay though, so I guess it depends on what your priorities are.  Good luck!

Oh, and for our new friend (whose considering this resort), I am using destinationweddings.com and with them you get to choose b/w either a free cocktail party, a spa package which includes a manicure, trial hair/makeup and the real thing, or a photog credit. 

Might be something for you to consider if getting the trial is important to you.  They also have other incentives which are nice.  My TA has just been okay though, so I guess it depends on what your priorities are.  Good luck!

You may want to double check on this one for the new people booking...I wasn't able to get that (which kinda sucked)  I am pretty sure this was only available for weddings booked FOR this year...not booked this year for next year....

If that changed...Please let me know...I would LOVE that

These are really cute...I'm pretty sure I'm going the passport route too.

Sometimes I think that everyone is doing them...but then I realize it's just everyone on BDW and there is a whole other world out there :)

STD Collage.jpg

They look AWESOME!!! I am super impressed!!!

Ooh, yay, got my junior member status too!  :o) Guess I'm official now.  Ha ha

YAH!!!

Hey girls!!!!!  I am back!!!!!!  The past 2 weeks have truly been the most amazing weeks of my life!!!!  Being married is the BEST thing in the entire world.  Ryan and I are on cloud 9!

Congratulations! So happy everything went well. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Originally Posted by ROBINBOOSE View Post

Hi, I'm getting married at azul sensatori in March. Does anyone have any recommendations on photographers? Caribe and Claudia are who the hotel is telling me to use but I wasn't impressed with either's portfolio.HELP

We didn't really like the photo style and looked for other local photographers. But after figuring out prices , details,etc. we choose to fly our photographer in with us. taylorjackson.ca It all depends on what you need and the style you want. We wanted the photographer to take pictures at our welcome cocktail party, the wedding and a TTD. It was easier for us to just bring someone, than deal with having to pay for one locally 3 times. Good luck. The prices we found could range from $1100 to $12000. A few local ones we liked:

www.momentsthatmatterphotography.com

www.cancunphotography.com

Can't remember who asked....about the hair makeup. From a few girls that have mentioned it, most seemed to be fairly happy with the salon there. I know there is a bridal package that includes a practice updo, and then hair/makeup on your wedding day.

At the last minute we have a close friend who is joining us who is a professional hair stylist and she offered to do my hair. But originally I had planned on using the salon.