Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Oops I am sorry Jamie! =)

Originally Posted by JaimeTalis View Post

Nikki,  I didn't see that last post was from you at first and just saw "Azul Sensatori - May 7, 2011".  I completely flipped out for a minute thinking they booked a 3rd person on OUR day!

Phew...all better :)

Originally Posted by gom4good View Post

Hi All Im very new to the site and have been trawling through pages and pages of previous posts- all very inspiring!

I have a couple of questions that you may be able to help me with...

I booked my wedding 4 months ago through my local travel agent for June next year and have so far had no contact with the hotel or been told who will be my wedding planner is.  Can anyone tell me how long they waited to be sent any infomation regarding choices for the day? and how do I go about getting a wedding planner? does anyone have any names/numbers/email addresses for the hotel?

Any advice at this stage would be great as I would really like to start getting things organised and find out what choices i have for example flowers/colors/drinks/food etc

Thanks ladies xx

Welcome! I'd email your TA and ask them to have your assigned wedding coordinator contact you as you'd like to get the process going of choosing options etc. They should be able to do that.

Originally Posted by amcferron View Post

Amy, Hi!!  My name is Ashley!! 

And, Hello to everyone else!!  Consider this my formal introduction!!  :)

Amy, thanks for your suggestions!!  Very intriguing!! Time to google...... 

Nice to meet you Ashley, welcome to the thread!

You're welcome, I'm a past Azul Sensatori bride so if you have any questions, let us know!

Wow!!  I sure am active on here today......

Question.....  For all of the different promotions (ie bride and groom free, etc) are your TA booking all through the hotel or using different resources such as funjet, covacations, delta, etc??  I think my TA told me the hotel has a list so they know how many booked with your party and that I would get $ back after the fact.....more like a refund/rebate.  Thoughts???

Hi Amy, its my understanding you can use any TA, they just need to be booked together in one room block.  See the below quote taken from their website, http://www.karismahotels.com/special/usa-bride-and-groom-stay-free/.   It does work in the form of a refund/rebate, though I would get in writing from your TA and/or WC that what you book qualifies.  The rules/regulations can get confusing.

"Group Room Discount – Wedding Couple and/or Travel Agent will be required to reserve a group room block through tour operators. Promotion is only valid on reservations booked within the room block through the same travel agent and tour operator. Rooms booked outside of the room block will not apply to total counts. "

Hi All Im very new to the site and have been trawling through pages and pages of previous posts- all very inspiring!

I booked my wedding 4 months ago through my local travel agent for June next year and have so far had no contact with the hotel or been told who will be my wedding planner is.  Can anyone tell me how long they waited to be sent any infomation regarding choices for the day? and how do I go about getting a wedding planner? does anyone have any names/numbers/email addresses for the hotel?

Any advice at this stage would be great as I would really like to start getting things organised and find out what choices i have for example flowers/colors/drinks/food etc

Thanks ladies xx

Have you tried filling out this form on Karisma's site yet?  I didn't quite trust my original TA, so I went around her and filled out this application.  Got a response within 2 days.  Good luck!

http://www.karismahotels.com/weddings/wedding-application

Originally Posted by mmc1105 View Post

I"m still trying to decide whether or not to get married before we get to Mexico... I'm not sure I want to do the blood test and everything once we're there. Any advice?  Are you glad you got legally married before?  Not sure what to do sad.gif

Thanks!

Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post

I think it's a matter of preference. We are going to get closer to the date of Mexico and see if we have time to do it before or after. I look at it as, we are getting married infront of our family and friends in Mexico so that is without a doubt "my wedding". The Legal ceremoney really if you think about it nothing but a paper for the government.

We took the same attitude as Maggie on this.  Even though we went to a JP before Mexico, there is absolutely no doubt in our minds that our Mexico wedding is OUR WEDDING.  Our legal day was a private affair and was a wonderful, emotional day.  It will always hold a special place in our hearts but our Mexico wedding is the one we poured our blood, sweat, tears, and money into.  I was worried that if we went to the JP before Mexico that it would take away from our wedding day.  Many brides are anxious about this and nothing could be farther from the truth!!!  Not a one has ever said their wedding day felt less special or less real b/c they were already legally married.

As for why we got legally married first, it was because we just didn't want the hassle or extra hoops you need to jump through to have it legal in Mexico.  Wedding planning is so not my thing, and adding on just the few extra things I would have needed to do would have been too much.

Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post

First of all, I don't know if I've met you before, my name is Amy! :)

I LOVE your color scheme and ideas. The gold and this fuschia/magenta deal is fantastic!

I like the idea of orchids but you're right, that could get pricey. Another girl on here had a fushia orchid theme and it was simiply stunning!

I don't know if this will make sense to you... but this was my first thought. I was thinking ok, you could pick a time period or taste that you like and have one of the colors be a focused theme but still keeping the other.

For example, say you love vintage... books, frames, trinkets etc. Doesn't all have to be the same thing, but it's all vintage & gold. OR Art Deco, or modern... so everything if it's modern is sleek and has clean lines and it could be different items (not just birds or starfish etc)

I'd have fuschia as your color... then I'd do the accent color in your theme or taste. Vintage gold picture frames as table numbers. Vintage gold trinket atop your cake... vintage looking placecards write in a gold metallic pen... gold chiavari chairs... gold jewlery for you and your girls, fushia dresses for them, fushia hair flower/feather/accessory etc.

Just a suggestion off the top of my head!

If ever a person were born for event planning, it's you!!

welcome4.gif to the thread!

Thanks ladies xx

We booked our wedding in early May, I got my first email from the WC last week. So don't be too worried about the time. But if you want to contact them, go for it, they are there to help you.

Amy, Hi!!  My name is Ashley!! 

And, Hello to everyone else!!  Consider this my formal introduction!!  :)

Amy, thanks for your suggestions!!  Very intriguing!! Time to google...... 

Hi Ashley! Welcome, I'm Miriam :)

Originally Posted by rkf1046 View Post

So what are you going with for your JP wedding vs your Mexico wedding?  I am in the same boat and since I've procrastinated with the Mexico dress (getting married in December and it's already AUGUST!) I've got to find something soon!!!  I was thinking flowy beachy dress for Mexico but then saw so many brides with more traditional type gowns so I am confused.  Then to top it off with what to wear for JP wedding...short and cute or flowy or traditional types???  So many decisions!! 

I agree with just going with your vision. My wedding will be more formal (formal gowns and tuxes) and honestly I was scared it would be too formal for a DW but I always envisioned my wedding a certain way and that was something I didn't want to lose. So, my dress is formal but the dresses I've seen that aren't still look nice for the most part. As long as you keep things constant throughout it will be fine.

Originally Posted by msmarmar123 View Post

This is a pic of the dress I went to see yesterday..what do you guys think?  I keep thinking about it and I really like it for Dress 2 :)

I think both dresses are really nice! 

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

I'm excited girls.  I've been working with a friend of mine and I believe have finalized our invitations.  :o)  My mom and I are going to embellish them with raffia ties and sand dollars.  What do you all think?  I loved the ideas on here with the passports but I wanted to skip the save the dates and thought it would be quicker to just make something less elaborate.  But, I think she did a fabulous job and I am very happy with them!

Really cute!

Quote:

Yikes ~ Big news!!  Just read on the forum that Mexicana Airlines has filed bankruptcy!  DO NOT book with them and if you have guests booked through them, you may want to check it out.  I was considering them for our airfare.  Glad I have this forum!! 

Thanks for the tip!! Their prices were sky high when we looked into them so I doubt any of my guests booked thru them though.

And made it to Full Memberthewave.gif

Congrats!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaz2be View Post

I'm going away on vacation tomorrow!!! 

Have fun!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmc1105 View Post

Good for you!  It'll be so empowering :)

I"m still trying to decide whether or not to get married before we get to Mexico... I'm not sure I want to do the blood test and everything once we're there. Any advice?  Are you glad you got legally married before?  Not sure what to do sad.gif

Thanks!

We're also getting married before but NOT making a big deal of it. I also wanted to keep it a secret but my uncle is officiating and I was scared it would get back to my mom (a traditional Catholic) and I'd rather she heard it from me. Then since I told my mom FI told his, otherwise no one would have known.

Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post

So, its really a matter of preference and your own situation.  I did feel bad when 1 person told me not to b/c then Mexico would be like a joke - or a lie - I forget their exact words.  So, we kept it to ourselves and that was that.  

Some people say the darndest things smile27.gif

Hey girls,

I'm a little upset this morning.  Put in for my group contract and it's $100 more per person for the week long rate.  :(  I don't understand how a TA with no discounts (someone in the party was checking rates) can get a rate only $50 more when Azul is supposedly giving us 20% off our rooms (through DW.com). 

Hmm.... Should I fight to try and get the rate I was told or just let people decide to go a night less if they need to? 

And, I'm not sure if anyone else had problems last night but I tried to post and it told me I didn't have permission to post here.  :(

I say fight for the rate you were promised. Did you sign? Are you bound by the contract to stay with them? If not threaten to take your business elsewhere.

I talked to a shop that's a little over an hour from me..nicest, most helpful woman I have talked to...she said it's a brand new dress...so a lot of shops won't have it...she is willing to order it in October when she places her new orders...but she went through a bunch of styles she DOES have in her shop...I am definitely doing to go there and look...you could tell she really enjoyed what she did, as opposed to the people you call and all you get is "Sorry...don't carry it" CLICK 

I hope this works out fou you. You definitely have ample time to get your dress perfect!

Lastly, we have been thinking about having an ongoing theme for our wedding, but are having a difficult time coming up with ideas.  We want things pretty formal and colors we are leaning towards are ivory, gold, and touches of raspberry/magenta.  I have seen how some people have had birds, seashells, starfish, etc and am interested in something like that, but maybe different.  We have considered orchids, but i have a feeling that is going to get very spendy very quick!!  Any ideas??  I know my question is very vague.....  Here are some inspiration boards below.  Leaning towards less raspberry.magenta than seen here, but you get the idea!!  Thanks!!

I love your inspiration board and the colors you chose! I'll keep my eyes open for stuff you can use. I just purchased some bouquets on debbiecoflowers.com and they have pink orchids in them and they were fairly inexpensive. They also have burgundy orchids available but they are real touch. If you want fresh ones I'm sure it will be much more expensive.

Quote:

Thanks ladies xx

welcome1.gif Definitely have your TA give you the info you need about your particular WC. The manager's email is forjuela@karismahotels.com and his name is Fabio. However, I emailed him with a similar issue and I still had to email my WC directly.

Originally Posted by JaimeTalis View Post

So I just got a message that my posts are currently being held due to "sudden activity on account".  Hehe...I'm trying to get more involved...I really am!

Did this happen to anyone else at first, or do they still think I'm trying to sell you guys stuff?

Never heard of that....weird.

So...I have changed my color AGAIN...I think I now want dark purple, more like lapis...just need suggestions on what colors will look good with that....I'm thinking maybe ivory/cream...but I feel it needs more....

I'm doing dark purple/lapis!!! Our accent colors are bronze, our mothers/aunts are wearing champagne and our bouquets have lime green in them and we're bringing in white to lighten everything up. PM me your email and I can send you the inspiration board that BigBop did for me.

So our groomsmen clothing arrived! We are doing a much more casual feel, the bridesmaids are wearing summer dresses in the blue color we are using. And the groomsmen are wearing shorts and short sleeve dress shirts. Much to my delight we found a shirt with our wedding colors in it!  As well, my maid of honor was visiting, so I finally have some pictures of me in my dress. Please mind it is much to large in the top, and too long! But my seamstress will solve that in due time cheesy.gif (I am hoping the photos work...this will be my first attempt...and I am not good with computers) 

LOL, thanks goodness there is an edit button. I don't think I am getting the photos to work :( sigh...

Arrrggghhhh.....okay so I have a photobucket account. Uploaded the pictures...and now I am obviously lost. Any hints from anyone???

P8130002.jpgP8120165.jpgP8120160.jpgP8010150.jpgP8010148.jpg Yippppeee!!! I finally got it right....try #way too many! LOL :)