Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

they told us my TA that sucks

my family with kids would be compeletly seperated from us and blah blah blah.  my single friends were in the same building as me, as were my couple friends and one couple with a kid. we were mostly in building 4.  their was a crib on my floor (i saw it getting pushed into a room) and i was in the wedding/honeymoon suite so tell ur TA to stop it.  try to get everyone in one building that would be easiset and they can all go in one building.  the buildings are not far from each other so dont worry.

hope that helps

Originally Posted by Less is more View Post

Steve&julia,

Love the pictures! I would love to see more and the TTD photos.  I want the the TTd photos FI doesn't see the point. So iI'm making the final decision.  Where did you take the TTD photos.  We have an outside photographer so I definitely don't want to pay the $500 twice.  The blue shoes are fabulous!

Maggie, 

Love the dress so far. If the back looks good I'm sure the front is too.  Can't wait to see it!

Oh man just totally forgot who said they could send me some photos of eldorado, SORRY.  If you can PM me the photos.  I am truely trying to let FI make final decision of honeymoon so he will definitely need visual aids! He laughs and jokes about this site being full of people paid to make comments.  He hasn't gasped the idea of blogs and forums. He makes me laugh everytime I sign on!   

I am not home right now, put I will send you a few shots of the Eldorado in a couple of days.

Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post

Thank you for all the compliments ladies! It's this really weird lace pattern that I couldn't find anywhere else. It was on sale so SUPER SWEET More money for Shoes!

It's really simple but yet that romantic spanish feel I was looking for. I really like it! My mom came up with an awesome idea as well. The satin ribbon belt at the waist is super easy to duplicate so we are going to make 3 more in my wedding colors and at different points in the reception am going to change belts!

I have a 'spanish lace' dress too! Love the romantic look :)

Originally Posted by daniepps View Post

Hello Ladies!!!  Just doing a quick check in while my computer is up. My wedding was WONDERFUL!!!!!  And the resort, the staff and the wedding coordinators are perfect.  I told DH yesterday that I do not regret one dime that we spent on this wedding!  OMG I just can't even really describe how wonderful everything is.  I don't have any pics from the wedding as a matter of fact I haven't even seen a picture hopefully somebody will send me some when I get back.  Just wanted to check in and let you all know that you should not have ANY regrets regarding the Azul Sensatori!  Happy planning to all the brides to be!!!!!

Congratulations! And so happy to hear everything went well. Makes me feel even better about our plans.

Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post

Question for everyone!

I have a couple single guests coming with a friend. For example, My brother isn't dating anyone and wants to bring his best friend but they (as boys) do not want to stay in one bed but double beds. My TA says the only rooms with Double beds are on the family side. Stupid Question but that isn't a big deal if all they are doing is sleeping right. They will be over on the adult side with us partying most of the time.

I have a couple single gals coming as well but they have all said they don't mind sharing a bed on the adults side  

Did anyone else run into this?

We have a number of friends who are single and sharing a room. The resort is small enough, that it doesn't matter where they stay. Worst case it might be about a 4 minute walk, from one side to the other. Only thing is when they are booking the room, make sure to have the TA specify that they need the 2 queen beds (I think they are queens, not doubles, but not sure) Good luck.

Originally Posted by beaz2be View Post

Hi Ladies,

I've been so busy all weekend (long weekend for us here in BC) so am trying to catch up.  My parents threw us an engagement party which was a BLAST. In not so fun news, the ceiling in our kitchen started raining from the condo above and now I'm sitting here waiting for the second crew of repair men to come a "fix"  (sigh).

Will try and catch up fast and reserve my comments accordingly  rolleyes.gif

Some of you might remember that a friend of mine was down there last week.  She brought back lots of pics and info.  I'll upload some soon I promise and give you guys her lowdown on stuff.....  She DID say that if people were expecting the big white sandy beach they would be disappointed.  But if they know going in, then it's not a big deal at all.  The nice beach is LITERALLY 4-5min. walk down and also guests can go to Azul Beach (and use the towel/drink services there) which has a beautiful beach she says.

I admit, the photos do show a lot of seaweed (especially on the first two days of her trip when the weather was stormy).  But she says that they clean it up regularly and it didn't really bother them.  (Her husband really prefers a beach so he did walk the 5 minutes most days).  Going to AB was fun too (but you have to go past the nudie beach).

The nice beach is before the nude resort, but yes, if you want to go to AB, you do have to walk past the nude beach. We just walked north with our towels, relaxed, took a swim and then walked back. No problems.

Julia- love the TTD photos! Would love to see more :)

•  

The lighting is absolutely gorgeous..I love the 1st picture

Originally Posted by Steve&Julia View Post

the DJ we used was recommended by the hotel, no clue what his name was but the wedding planners looked nervous thats how bad he was. 

i trashed my dress in the pool and the beach in the hotel. no one bothered us we did it sunday at 6:30am to have to lighting, we had our photographer with us (flew him in)and thank goodness we did because he took pictures for the rehearsal dinner at spoon resturant and during the wedding on the skydeck,reception and finally ttd.

I want to post at least two pictures but they are so big i can't figure out how to do so.  shutterfly 1.jpgshutterfly 2.jpgshutterfly 3.jpg

Daniepps - Awww so happy to hear this! I can tell you that I know EXACTLY how you feel, it's a certain euphoria and relief and just sheer bliss sorta happiness, I love knowing that you B2B's are all going to experience this soon at AS or AB or EDR wherever you're getting married!

love.gif

Have the best time! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back :)

Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz View Post

Hey girls! Sorry I have been MIA! Work has been killing me...on top of wedding stuff. I leave in the morning! I cannot believe it's my turn. I will give a full report on LeBlanc when I return!!!!!! Love u girls!!!!!!

Hey girls! Sorry I have been MIA! Work has been killing me...on top of wedding stuff. I leave in the morning! I cannot believe it's my turn. I will give a full report on LeBlanc when I return!!!!!! Love u girls!!!!!!

Have fun lady!  I'm sure it will be amazing.  pinkie.gifCongrats.  So excited for you.

HAVE AN AMAZING TRIP!!!! CONGRATS!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Originally Posted by chong View Post

I heard you cannot do any decorations, make speeches, play songs, etc so you should ask your WC about the restriction for usin the Spoon restaurant for your reception dinner. i thought Spoon restaurant reservation has max of 40 ppl or something? you should check with your WC.

that doesn't sound very wedding-like!  will have to campaign FI into private reception dinner.  It is our wedding after all!  Will see how that goes. 

I think it's beautiful and it's a great price!!! what are your other dresses look like? do you really need the 3rd dress? let us see what your other dresses look like!!!

Oh, lol, I meant that it was the 3 dress I have tried on, not that I need 3 dresses! 
      Although I have to say I found a dress online and would totally wear it to get married at City Hall.  here is the link

http://www.romanticgowns.com/collection/displayimage.asp?image=chacha-s-jacket-front-c.jpg 

Love it!  My sister swears that i will just want to wear my wedding dress again, and really I have the opportunity to wear it twice, so will probably just do that.  Do brides wear their dresses again at the AHR??  I hope so!

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

Disappointing to hear some of the flowers are that expensive, but hopefully the more reasonable priced one will do the trick. And please let us know if they let you switch up the spa package. I am still trying to figure out what to do.

I think you can use table decorations, but nothing on the floors/walls. They do have a privacy curtain, so that you are seperated from the main dining hall. I think they can fit up to 60 there, the price is for up to 40. They also offer your own private waiters for the evening.

It looks great! And if you love it...that might simply be the one. I only went to about 5 stores, and then tried on a dress (not at all what I thought I would like) and feel in love! Go out try a few others, then go back and try it on again. If you still have that loving feeling...just go for it!

Ya, we are going to go dress shopping on Thursday.  Just want to make sure I am not missing out on something!  I love that dress but am not sold on the corset back, altho the lady assured me they are amazing for your figure, so maybe that will win me over.  Doesn't help that I tried it on in size 14 and the whole back was clipped up so hard to tell what it will look like.