Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Sorry, I have been a bit busy! Imagine my surprise to find a new forum. It will take a bit of getting used to, but I am sure it will make sense soon. Hmmm....my picture doesn't work anymore. Going to have to figure that one out laterhuh.gif

Originally Posted by chong View Post

So I am about to order my FREE brochures from VISTAPRINT... I am finding out that it's not really FREE. I have to pay for $5 per picture download and shipping is like $11 for standard shipping. I guess overall it's cheaper but didn't realized that it will cost me about the money I am saving from the FREE promotion. Is this typical?

It seems to be the norm from what I have seen. Prices are good, and shipping is average from any other printer. Overall we have found the "FREE" promotions are still a great price.

Originally Posted by daniepps View Post

Good morning ladies!  I see if you miss a week you miss a lot on here!!!!  What's up with the new look and why are our tickers gone???? Well if we still had the ticker mine would say "3 DAYS!!!!"  I can't believe it's here already.  We're on the way to the courthouse now to do the legal ceremony and then we leave for Mexico early tomorrow morning.  I've been packing and getting everything together which is why I haven't been on here in a week but we're pretty much ready to go.  I forgot to take pictures of everything for my planning thread before I packed it so I guess I'll take pictures in Mexico when we unpack. 

Adios Ladies!!!!  I'll definitely post some info when I get back.

BTW:  Amybermuda I loved, loved, loved your pics!!!!!

I think I missed you. But wishing you all the best for your wedding down south! Hope the weather is wonderful and you have lots of fun :)

Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post

I made a spreadsheet of everyone with the day they were arriving and their flight arrival times. When we landed the airport in Cancun and headed to the hotel, I timed how long it took from the time we left the plane, got through customs, got our bags, got our ride and arrived at the hotel and met everyone in the lobby as they arrived to check in and gave them their OOT bag. I missed a few that arrived early but I just called the front desk, found their room and walked it over to them.

I had planned on meeting everyone as they arrived. I will have to borrow the spreadsheet idea to keep myself on track.

Originally Posted by beaz2be View Post

Ok looking for opinions here.  Originally I wasn't really into having a "color scheme".  I figured my wedding color was "white" and my theme was "beach".  rolleyes.gif  I knew there would be color involved through the BM dresses and figured that would influence. So, I found BM dresses that I really like and there are 2 colors that I like - turquoise and purple.  I thought that it might be cool to have 1/2 and 1/2 (I have 6 in my bridal party... huge, I know)...  Then I was worried that 2 colors would be too busy (although I like the look of them together) and that I'd go with purple and then use turquoise as an accent color.

Since then 2 of the BMs have voted turquoise (I was surprised), 2 don't care and 2 haven't been canvassed.  Long story long - do you think having both purple AND turquoise BM dresses is too much?!  If so.... would you vote all purple or turquoise?  (the purple is called "plum" - but it's not nearly that dark).

Here's a link to the dresses if you're interested.  The style is BM1277 but the colors I'm looking at are the "plum" and "turquoise". 

http://www.venusbridal.com/bridesmaids/bella-maids

Thanks for your opinions.  Sorry so long!

Love having both colors. If you want the girls all in the same color dress, then perhaps a shawl or flowers of the other color to tie it all together?

Originally Posted by LAURERN1564 View Post

HI Everyone!!! My date is confirmed!!! Yeah! I have a little worry.....I've been looking at tripadvisor pictures.....do any of you know if the water is really brown????

No the water is not brown! (silly tripadvisor) We were down there in April. The beach right in front of the resort has a fair bit of coral, so it can be a bit tricky to walk into. As well there is seaweed, but the resort scoops it up 2 times a day. Besides it's the ocean, it's normal to have some seaweed. If you want the perfect sand beach, sand walking into the water....walk north along the beach for about 5 minutes. Just at the point the water is stunning and no coral! :)

Wow. you are super organized. I was going to give everyone their OOT bag when we meet on Fri night for dinner. I might have consider doing what you did. Did you guys have cell phone? I am just trying to see how we all are going to make it through with the cell phones.

I don't know about anymore else, but neither FI or I have ever managed to get our cell phones to work down there :(

I think I am doing the bridal hair for $85. I was told that this for up do's and if any of my bridesmaids wants to have up do's, this is the option they have to pick. If not, they can pick $44 shampoo and blow dry. I haven't decided on the hair style yet but might be partially up or all up.

It says we have to wash our hair before coming to the salon. Is this true, anyone? they don't wash our hair???

Your hair will hold better, if you wash it the night before.

Originally Posted by Less is more View Post

Hey ladies,

Good morning! I'm slipping this post in before work. but I was up all night thinking about this so if any one can offer suggestions please respond.  Ok. FI and I originally decided to switch resorts from AS to  an Eldoroado for our honeymoon.  we booked the honeymoon suit at AS but really wondering if switching resorts is truely worth it.  Are the Eldorados better than AS? Does anyone know how nice the honeymoon suit is at AS?  Has anyone seen any of the Eldorado resorts?  Need help making a decision so all your ladies advice is appreciated.

FI and I stayed at the El Dorado Casitis in April for a few days. It was a  lovely experience. Very private and quiet, so it would be great for a honeymoon. There was also tons of resturants and if you stayed in the Casitis section, they had beach butlers that brought you food and drinks as you laid at the beach. Not sure if that answers your question? If you want more specific details please ask.

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

I was considering going to the El Dorado for a night or two as well. 

Girls, when you get 20% off a private event, say your reception - what exactly does it take 20% off of?  And I read that someone asked about the ceremony flowers, are they transferred to the reception site? 

And, is it lame to not hold a cocktail party and just have guests mingle at a lounge/bar for an hour? 

I think as long as you tell your guests where and when to be, who cares? Have fun at the bar and enjoy the music together. Both the mojoito bar and the adult bar (by the adult pool) had live music every evening.

Girls, when you get 20% off a private event, say your reception - what exactly does it take 20% off of?  And I read that someone asked about the ceremony flowers, are they transferred to the reception site? 

And, is it lame to not hold a cocktail party and just have guests mingle at a lounge/bar for an hour? 

I don't think so! I opted to have a private event welcome party on the Saturday before my wedding. Then on wedding day there is an hour between my ceremony and reception so i figure people can go to the bar, go back to their rooms and refresh or whatever.

Hey ladies,

Good morning! I'm slipping this post in before work. but I was up all night thinking about this so if any one can offer suggestions please respond.  Ok. FI and I originally decided to switch resorts from AS to  an Eldoroado for our honeymoon.  we booked the honeymoon suit at AS but really wondering if switching resorts is truely worth it.  Are the Eldorados better than AS? Does anyone know how nice the honeymoon suit is at AS?  Has anyone seen any of the Eldorado resorts?  Need help making a decision so all your ladies advice is appreciated.

El Dorado Maroma is TO DIE FOR!!!!!!!!!  Very small, but the perfect place for a honeymoon!!!  Romantic, intimate, and most other people there are honeymooners!!!  It is very quiet though, so if you are wanting bars and music , its not the place for you.  There is one "bar" other than the pool bars with a pool table and board games like jenga (which is tons of fun to play while drinking)!!  But, that is it.  We are switching there for our honeymoon.  I had been there before with my mother and we loved it!!  I have traveled all over mexico and the caribbean and it is the MOST relaxing place i have ever been to.  I read a book a day while i was there!!!  LOVED IT!!!

Hey ladies,

El dorado maroma is TO DIE FOR!!!!  Small, intimate, quiet, romantic........perfect for a honeymoon.  Only one small bar though with a pool table and board games to play.  I have traveled all over mexico and the caribbean and it is the most relaxing place i have ever been.  read a book a day while i was there.  we are switching there for our honeymoon!!!  :)  I LOVE IT!!!!

From what I understand the 20% off the private event is just off the food/cake/drink price.  Not all the additional stuff like centerpieces, music etc.  But I could be wrong.  So far I don't qualify for ANY bonuses like that so I might not have it exactly correct.

I'm totally not doing a private cocktail party.  We're going to suggest all our guests go to a certain bar/lounge while we take photos after the ceremony (or they can just do whatever they want - take a nap for the older folks, go feed or entertain their kids etc.)  Then the reception will be about 1 1/2 hr. later.  I figure with enough people in our group in one location it will be almost as good as a formal cocktail hour anyways (and free haha)

Can you share info if you have any success with this?  I'd like to pay for the girls hair too - but I'm afraid $85 plus tip for 6 girls might be out of the budget.  If we can get a "package" for a bunch that might be workable.

But of course!

For the 20% you get it off food and drink. That includes the wedding cake. 

You can have you're ceremony flowers transfered for sure. That'll just be part of your set up fee (probably around $100 depending on what you have to set up.) In an effort to save money, I am having actual bouquets hang from the chairs at the ceremony lining the aisle. Those flowers will be tied loosely with a gold ribbon. When it is time for the reception, my WC will move them to Zavaz Plaza and place them in the gold blume boxes I've bought. And there you go I have centerpieces. They are charging me $60 per bouquet and most of the centerpieces are listed as $100 so I think it's a good deal.  

From what I understand the 20% off the private event is just off the food/cake/drink price.  Not all the additional stuff like centerpieces, music etc.  But I could be wrong.  So far I don't qualify for ANY bonuses like that so I might not have it exactly correct.

I'm totally not doing a private cocktail party.  We're going to suggest all our guests go to a certain bar/lounge while we take photos after the ceremony (or they can just do whatever they want - take a nap for the older folks, go feed or entertain their kids etc.)  Then the reception will be about 1 1/2 hr. later.  I figure with enough people in our group in one location it will be almost as good as a formal cocktail hour anyways (and free haha)

I know some girls have done it that way and I am sure that will be fine. I was going back and forth about that too until Amy B brought up a good point. If you want everyone to be at the reception when you enter with DH and be announced, you run the risk of some people not being at the reception on time and missing your entrance. My mom flipped out about that so we HAVE TO have a cocktail hour. It works out because we got the free cocktail hour promotion after some urging. Ask about it, maybe they are still running it. 

I know some girls have done it that way and I am sure that will be fine. I was going back and forth about that too until Amy B brought up a good point. If you want everyone to be at the reception when you enter with DH and be announced, you run the risk of some people not being at the reception on time and missing your entrance. My mom flipped out about that so we HAVE TO have a cocktail hour. It works out because we got the free cocktail hour promotion after some urging. Ask about it, maybe they are still running it. 

I remember this discussion going on and that thought totally had me worried.  Unfortunately, I've been told I do NOT qualify for the free cocktail hour as I'm Canadian (again... argh).  So, we've decided to do a receiving line upon the entrance to the reception.  That way, I'll be sure to know if anyone "important/critical" is missing before we do our official entrance/introduction.

Private cocktail hour would totally be ideal but I have a feeling I'm going to have to fight tooth and nail against this Canadians don't get any of the deals thing going on - so I want to try and pick my battles.  :-) 

Good lookin' out tho'.  I think the private cocktail hour will be perfect for those who can swing it.

Hey Beaz2be,

I do not think spending the money on a cocktail party is worth it at all.  We got married on the beach, and then had our reception at Zavaz Plaza.  They had a little bar set up right there, so everyone was able to drinks while we had our photos done (we were not told that this would happen so it was a nice surprise!).  When guests got to the resort, we gave them a program saying what time they needed to be at Zavaz Plaza for the reception.  So, if people chose to go to their rooms or walk on the beach instead of going right to zavaz plaza, they knew what time to be back for.  Everyone was there on time, and everyone got to have drinks at the location while we had our photos done.  I would have been upset if I had paid for a cocktail reception knowing that all our guests were able to get drinks at our reception location anyway!

Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post

1. Logo is picked and finished! It is my profile pic. I love it and i started out with a starfish..WHO KNEW!!!!

2. I got confirmation on the reception location today!!! One less thing to worry about! Zavas Plaza which you ladies all rave about!

Today was a good day!

Great job on the logo and congrats on getting your location!!  One more thing checked off!

Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post

msmarmar, thanks for making me realize I'm a member too!! smile72.gif

Congrats to you and all the other new "Members"!!

Originally Posted by msmarmar123 View Post

I sent an email to ask that...because I was also wondering what happens to all the flowers that  are on the Gazebo..do we get to take those and use them for centerpeices or is that just for the ceremony.

I don't think I qualify for the 20% off...not doing a group agreement..it was too soon for most of the people invited to fully commit (I have my mom and one of my MOHs for sure) .  My TA said that later on if I have enough for a group...then she could try to negotiate and change to that...

I think there was a different promotion for that too...but because my wedding is so far out..they wouldn't give me that. I'm not too upset...got the room upgrade and the Free Wedding..I'm good for now and I'm sure there will be some amazing promotions throughout next year...

I think I'm ok with not doing a private event...but if I can get a really good price on it..we'll see...

Ditto that yes you can have your flowers moved over to your reception.

I don't think it's lame at all not to have a cocktail hour. We didn't because we knew everyone could just lounge at the bar right next to the reception, which they all did.  We had a toast with everyone right after our ceremony and that was when we announced the time they all needed to be back for the reception.  Worked perfectly.

I remember this discussion going on and that thought totally had me worried.  Unfortunately, I've been told I do NOT qualify for the free cocktail hour as I'm Canadian (again... argh).  So, we've decided to do a receiving line upon the entrance to the reception.  That way, I'll be sure to know if anyone "important/critical" is missing before we do our official entrance/introduction.

Okay, this whole not getting deals because you're Canadian is load of crap!!  huh.gif

Oh and Meredith, I'm pretty sure we hadn't booked yet when we did the Webinar.  In fact, now that I think about it I know we hadn't.  They say you have to book within 10 days of the Webinar to qualify, and I remember being worried because it took them so long to work out the contract that we didn't book until something like 20 days after.