Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong View Post
I am not having any flowers on my wedding ceremony area - except for the two hanging flowers and rose pedals that comes with the exotic gazebo package. I figure that is enough for 15 min ceremony site :)
That's all I had, I requested all white flowers and natural greens for the hanging flowers on the chuppah thing on the Sky Deck and white rose petals down the aisle and it was gorgeous. I think we have similar tastes :)

Also, the reception seating is best figured out on site. I struggled with this for weeks and Kiara even made me seating chart options to give me a better idea BUT she also told me I had to have square tables and when I got there, they told me they would be round tables... which I preferred anyways so it worked out for the best.

I just realized you ladies probably don't know my name! Lol I'm Marci wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
annnnnnnnnddddd

my slideshow is up! I am obsessed!!!

Amy & Mark | May 14th 2010 | Azul Beach Hotel, Puerto Morelos Mexico

You looked gorgeous and so happy! I"d be obsessed with these too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
Hey Ladies, I put up my post wedding for sale items thread, PM if if there's anything you ladies want!

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...ng-sale-61951/

I PM'd you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz View Post
Just an update....

The futuremrslutz's (Lindsey) To Do's:

22) Enjoy being engaged for one last week!!!

How exciting! Did you decide MAC or the resort for your makeup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post
Ok so for whatever reason my dress and the second flower options didnt show up. Here are the links if you want to take a look.

Dress: Google Image Result for http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/9744/retrato1zr1.jpg

That's not me btw! :)

And here's the other flowers: Purple Summer Wedding Flowers Photo by Floral Verde LLC | WeddingWire

Again, no random twigs sticking out if I go with these and also less bright green filler, more garden green. And a gold ribbon tying them all together. :)

Very nice! Love the dress and color combo on your flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAURERN1564 View Post
Hi Everyone!

I am new to this so I have a lot of questions. We're planning on getting married @ Azul Sensatori May 25th, 2011. We are still waiting for our date to be confirmed.

We will have over 15 rooms booked. Have any of you received discounts for travelers for booking so many rooms?

I know that if we book at least 15 rooms we stay for free, but I feel like a discount should be offered to our families?

Any insight would be helpful, I have nooooo idea what I am doing :)

Thx,

Lauren

Welcome! These girls are the best! We received 20% off our room rates by booking through our travel agent. If you look on the karisma website, you'll see the details of the "Bride & Groom Stay Free" deal

Also, Welcome Gemma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murmel View Post
The resort is far away from the local markets, about a 20 minute drive. FI and I have rented a car for the few days before our guests arrive to run the errands. The resort just valet parks your car, no problems.

We are Olympus fans! :)
Thanks! I don't know much about Olympus, but I did hear it is also a quality brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaz2be View Post
Yea, forward thinking/picky FI call it what you will. But I hear ya on wanting your choice over being kind - of COURSE you do! It's your wedding!! I'm sure you'll get what you want (it's still waay early). Ours is at Plaza Zavas. I'm not sure if the Zocalla location is still available for Private receptions but our WC pretty much said this was the option for outdoor/private/covered space for dancing etc.

Thanks for helping clarify that for me ladies! I think I'll wait and see if I feel that premium is worth the difference b/w the $950 Pearl Pckge and the "Free" Package (hardly free if you think of it that way hahaha).
Yes, you are right, it will all work out! I too am having our TA price out the difference between a Premium Suite versus the regular Suites to see if it is even worth downgrading to the "free" package. I will let you know when I hear back from her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
I second this. The 30's kick the 20's butt! woot2.gif
And I third this!!!! The 30's are what it's all about! smile72.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroomsArePeopleToo View Post
PM has a few markets in town and the MX version of 7Elven, OXOX (sp).
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroomsArePeopleToo View Post
I'm gonna jump in here and say I find PM a great TTD/Day After location. I know the town and shot Wendy's session there. If you know where to go there are some real hidden treasures.
NICE to hear! I don't know how adventurous our photog will be since she is a local, but I fully intend to scout some sites out in hopes of her wanting to take advantage of them. :-)

Quote:
Sure, I'll definitely send them to you! Hopefully it helps :)

Oh it's called bighugelabs.com which is what I used to make my inspiration boards :)

Yeah AS/AB is technically in Puerto Morelos, I wish I would have known where to go while I was down there or had been adventurous enough to figure it out! I was at the swim up bar with FI at the time drinking a margarita and I said "Oh we have to get OOT bag stuff in town" and he was like... "right..." and I was like "yeah who am I kidding, I'm so not leaving this pool all day" LOL! So do it BEFORE you start drinking for the day, my advice :)
Thanks again for sending over those photos as well as for the bighugelabs sites. My FI enjoyed getting an idea of our options.
I will check out that site just as soon as I get some good sleep! ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahalo79 View Post
yay!! We just got our date confirmed! April 25th, 2011 at 4pm. getting married at the catholic chapel at El Dorado Maroma, but reception back at AS. Next I have to tell officially "meet" the WC and tell her what wedding package we want. I am going to be busy reading the older posts tomorrow at work, hope it is not too busy lol, lots to read. also don't know what reception dinner options we have. I would have written back to all of you who were kind enough to welcome me, but I'm not down with multi-quoting yet! Also my ticker is so small! Haha, oh well at least i figured out how to do it. Thanks for listening to me vent!
CONGRATS!

Quote:
That's so funny that nobody wants to have the reception on the beach. that's where we are having the reception. we are very excited about the beach!!!

I love it. I never made an inspiration board. I love your peacock idea!!!
We are considering the beach as well! We just need to make sure the wind is still comfy for the elderly. Can scare off my Granny who is traveling all that way. ;-)
Thanks! I dug it up for gingerlover. The peacock seems to be a big theme amongst Etsy.com sellers for some reason.

Quote:
Yeah.. I am little bit concerned with the windy night but we figured it's better to be little bit chilly than hot and humid without any breeze. We are going to tell the guests to bring a light cardigan. Guys will be fine. We've been wanting to have the beach wedding and reception so we are very happy with our choice!

Someone asked about maracas?!? I bought maracas for our wedding at Fiesta Party Supplies Fiesta Decorations | Amols' Fiesta Party Supplies. These maracas already say "mexico" on it and they are all slightly different size since it's handmade. We are putting them on the reception table. I have attached the picture here... the tag says "Instead of tapping on your glass, here is a system with Mexican Class. Stand and shake with all your might to see the groom kiss his bride tonight." I copied it from one of the brides here. I thought it was super cute. You can even get small donkeys and pinatas. My FI wasn't crazy about the donkeys or pinatas but it's sooo cute.

Click the image to open in full size.
Yeah, I was thinking about buying pashminas and laying them over the back seat of the reception chairs, but we shall see.

Thanks for sharing the maracas info! I will go and check them out! I was just trying to avoid bringing down too much stuff, but we just found out one of the GM's is traveling down on the same day as us....so I will talk him into carrying a bag for us if need be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
Yes, for sure TTD in PM!! Andrew's right, there really are some sweet spots. We went to all kinds of places on all sides of town and got some amazing shots out of it. Since you're bringing your photog with you, he/she should definitely scope out the town ahead of time to find the gems.
Thanks, I hope she will be interested! I will go scope out PM with FI before the wedding and see what we can make of it. I'm sure it will all be beautiful!

Quote:
We rented from Excellence Car rental. We had them pick us up at the resort, then got the rental car. Once we returned it, they also drove us back to the resort, no extra charge. We were driven to the Cancun office, about 20 minutes away. They were very helpful, even if the car was a bit older...but at least I wasn't worried about people breaking into the car. Plus their rates INCLUDE insurance, additional driver and 'get out of trouble' card (basically it's a card they give to tourists, so in case you get pulled over, the cop is suppose to just give you a warning and let you off the hook- but you do have to ask for the card!) I drive standard, and most of the cars seemed to be standards, so in case you need an automatic make sure to request it.
Excellence Car Rental
excellence@cancunmexicocarrental.com
Excellence Car Rental, cancun car rental, car rental in cancun | Mxico
Thanks so much for this info and the link! I will check it out for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz View Post
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the inspiration boards...they are beautiful!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerlover36 View Post
Bigbop! you are the sweetest!! thanks soooo much for looking at this up for me! I really appreciate it!!!!
Anytime, Love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmc1105 View Post
Sorry to stay off topic, but you can learn sooo about photography online!And I love my DSLR so much, I got a camera bag that looks like a purse on the outside for mother's day! It's awesome, and I don't look like such a crazy bag lady with a purse, diaper bag, and boxy canon bag!

We may need to start a DSLR thread lol
We just might, I just don't know if I could keep up with this thread as well as another! LOL I'm still walking around like a nerd with my regular old camera bag. I do want a new one though. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post
Ok, Kortney, I feel your pain! I also had Cecile and emailed Fabio over a week ago and just got an email yesterday (after my TA intervened) saying that Carolina is my new WC. Sadly, be patient and it will all work out. I know that's easier said than done especially since you're so close to your day but I'm sure it will all work out.

This actually makes me want to change my colors. So pretty!

Thanks again for my inspiration board! Loved it!

Check out Oriental Trading Company for maracas. They also have a fiesta section and a wedding section. I just purchased paper lanterns and parasols from here too. Cheapest I've found so far and great quality.
I too am missing Cecile!!! I am feeling spoiled because she was sooooo responsive. But I hope she si happier wherever she has gone because I'm sure that can become a stressful job. :-( I just hope Faye can pull her weight and dive in working!

Your colors are beautiful and you made a great choice! Royalty, my dear! ;-)

Anytime, Love! It was a fun labor of learning and love for all things wedding! ;-)

Quote:
No extra parking charge. It is valet parking, and we just tipped the valet/luggage men. Mind you the car usually ended up being parked just at the side of the main entrance...we could have taken 5 extra steps and gotten the car ourselves! LOL We only had it for 2 days as well. Keep meaning to check my reciepts, but we had guests, so I will try in the next couple of days.

No transport/taxis are at the resort. If you need one, you'll have to get the luggage men to call one for you. However there are usually a few parked just outside on the roadway. I think they sit there hoping for a call. From what we saw it usually took about 5-10 minutes. Not sure what the prices are though.
Thanks for sharing this info!

Quote:
Hi Ladies! Before I go back and read what's been going on, I wanted to write you to say I just had super fun AHR! It was record breaking heat and record breaking bay bridge traffic - so people were 1+ hours late getting there and we were outside in 100+ degree heat. Let me tell you... If that was my wedding I would have been a stress case. and you know what? THANK GOD I DID A DW!!! All the stress and stupid crap we encounter dealing with family and travel issues, Miami coordinators, Lomas, then going through the hotel staff - yes I know its hard - but my wedding in Mexico was stress free and carefree and awesome. Saturday solidified my destination wedding choice that much more. I mean, 1/2 my guests would have missed my ceremony had we been having a traditional wedding on Saturday.

I only have a few pictures of the party - I'll do a review later once I get the better pix.
Picasa Web Albums - Amy - Stateside Rec...

The after party was a bit insane.... hehe
You ALL look like you had a GREAT time, which you deserved! FUN!

Quote:
annnnnnnnnddddd

my slideshow is up! I am obsessed!!!
Amy & Mark | May 14th 2010 | Azul Beach Hotel, Puerto Morelos Mexico
Beautiful!!!!! I love your color choices and ALL of your BM's dresses!!!! You are making me want to use your color scheme! I LOVE them and you look soooooo happy!!!!!

Quote:
Hi Everyone!

I am new to this so I have a lot of questions. We're planning on getting married @ Azul Sensatori May 25th, 2011. We are still waiting for our date to be confirmed.

We will have over 15 rooms booked. Have any of you received discounts for travelers for booking so many rooms?

I know that if we book at least 15 rooms we stay for free, but I feel like a discount should be offered to our families?

Thx,
Lauren
Congrats and Welcome!!! I second the other ladies motions about scouring this and the Karisma site regarding all promotions. Also, talk to a TA about what they can secure for you and take the webinar so that you can to qualify for a free room upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gems2104 View Post
Hi ladies
This is my first post so not sure how this really works but I have booked my wedding for 19th April 2011 in the Sensatori Hotel in Mexico and cant wait. Was wondering if anyone had any good starting points as I do not know who my WC is or spoken to anyone at the hotel as I have booked through Thomson's TA. Any help would be gratefully received. So much to think about.
Thanks
Gemma
Welcome and Congrats Gemma!

Quote:
Yeah I got the keycard holders on Ebay and the wrist coils from Punch and Coil online… I donâ€t recommend them at all though. I received them and they ALL had rust all over the metal and DH spent hours trying to remove the rust with no success. Finally ended up buying new metal rings and replacing them all.
Thanks for the heads up!

Quote:
Ok Ladies so I need som help deciding on flowers. i thought that I send you photos of my "look" so you can have a good idea of what else is going on.
I, too, think the one without the branches will work better with your scheme. I can't see your dress since I'm at work (they block out everything!) but I wanna see it!! Lol. Everything else I've seen is very pretty. I chose Mori Lee for my BMs too and I love those suits. Good taste!

Quote:
Hi Everyone!

Thx,
Lauren
welcome3.gifLauren! Getting a travel agent should be the 1st thing on your agenda if you're looking for great rates for your guests. If you find the right TA it will definitely make this experience more manageable and he/she can give you insight on promotions and deals that can benefit you as well as your guests. I recommend you still do your homework tho and the ladies here usually post when they hear of a deal. I've saved about $1500 so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gems2104 View Post
Hi ladies
This is my first post so not sure how this really works but I have booked my wedding for 19th April 2011 in the Sensatori Hotel in Mexico and cant wait. Was wondering if anyone had any good starting points as I do not know who my WC is or spoken to anyone at the hotel as I have booked through Thomson's TA. Any help would be gratefully received. So much to think about.
Thanks
Gemma
welcome.gif Gemma! Definitely go back and read. It's amazing how much you didn't think you wanted/needed to know about the resort and the process until you read. If you're like me, you'll try shortcuts but I honestly read from page 400 on and I highly recommend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strickl95 View Post
Has anyone used Alberto Aldana (works for Claudia Rodriguez) for their photographer?
Sorry, never heard of him

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post
I too am missing Cecile!!! I am feeling spoiled because she was sooooo responsive. But I hope she si happier wherever she has gone because I'm sure that can become a stressful job. :-( I just hope Faye can pull her weight and dive in working!

Also, talk to a TA about what they can secure for you and take the webinar so that you can to qualify for a free room upgrade.
Have you heard anything from Faye? I got an email from Fabio Thursday but still haven't heard from Carolina...and I'm starting to freak out. I chose to procrastinate on dealing with the stuff at the resort but now that I'm ready to make decisions I have had no contact with anyone to actually make plans for a month!! Kinda frustrating!!

I keep asking this question, but I don't think anyone has answered me yet. How do you hear about the webinars? Is that info from your TA or the website?

Hey ladies

just wondering if any of you used the onsite makeup and hair staff for there wedding day and what you thought of them?

Did you take pictures? Did they come to your room? Did you have a run through before the wedding?

Sorry for so many questions but can't seem to find anyone that has used the hotel.

Thanks

Gemma

xxx

Quote:
Congrats and welcome.

Are you using a travel agent or just going through the resort? If you use a travel agent that person should be able to negotitate room rates for you.

Also, make sure you are looking into all the packages available. I have 32+ rooms booked and we qualified for a lower group rate, the bride and groom stay free promotion, 20% off private events and a free cocktail reception for 50 guests.

Take my advice and look into every promotion the other girls on this thread mention getting. That's what I did and now I have saved myself well over 3k.

In addtion to all the incentives, I also talked the resort in letting me downgrade to the free wedding package even though I am getting married on the sky deck. (I do have to pay the $1700 for the location though). Originally when I booked the lowest category avialble if booking the sky deck was the silver package but other girls mentioned that they qualified for the free wedding package. I asked and they gave it to me.
Hi Im also using the sky deck as well and have about 30 rooms booked....how were did you qualify for the free wedding we are still paying for the pearl package and the sky deck package...and also you with the sky deck you dont have to pay for the chairs correct? otherwise what exactly am i paying 1700 bucks for

Quote:
I LOVE your pictures from Claudia. Where did you get the matching bracelet? I thought that was so cute :) How long did you have her for? Was it enough time to take all the pictures you needed?
Thanks you :) My friend is a jewelry designer and she designed everyone's cuffs and earrings for me. She printed out their dresses (and mine) and had them mounted on a black board. Then she sketched her designs and had some ribbon, and some pieces of stones and the metal pieces so she could show me her vision. I ok'ed it all and she made it and delivered it to me the weekend before we left. I felt famous and my friends loved it all. I wear the earrings she made for me all the time.

She is getting her website and facebook fan page up and running in the next month so I'll send you the link when its done.

I just love how she knew what I wanted my wedding to be and made jewelry to fit it!

Quote:
Ok Ladies so I need som help deciding on flowers. i thought that I send you photos of my "look" so you can have a good idea of what else is going on.

They are also wearing matching vests and sage green ties

Here are the bridesmaids dresses:

They will be in sage green incase that didnt show up

I am going to have 6 of these bouquets tied to chivalir chairs with gold bows. They will line the aisles as well:

I want to have dried lilac running the aisles

I was originally going to do all white and green flowers but now think that there needs to be some more color. What do you think?

To go along with the ones I've shown you, which do you think would work best given my adversion to too much color and wanting everything to feel antiquey and romantic?

Here's one option. I would change a couple of thinsg...no branches out of the top and a gold ribbon. Also more garden green filler instead of bright green.

Let me know what you think.Thanks for the input ladies!
Purple Summer Wedding Flowers Photo by Floral Verde LLC | WeddingWire

Again, no random twigs sticking out if I go with these and also less bright green filler, more garden green. And a gold ribbon tying them all together. :)
I love the gold ribbon! Everything is going to be gorgeous Amanda. I love your theme/feel of your wedding. Its going to be so romantic... Kind of like a MidSummer Nights Dream kind of feel. My sister had a wedding like that and it was amazing. Just thinking about it makes me feel all warm and lovey.

I like the Wedding wire bouquet best. I think just a small hint of purple here and there as an accent will really bring out the green you have chosen. And honestly I don't think green and white needs much accent.

Are you going to do seating cards (I forget their formal name)? I think gold calligraphy hand written names would look really nice and go with your theme.

Quote:
Take my advice and look into every promotion the other girls on this thread mention getting. That's what I did and now I have saved myself well over 3k.
That's wicked! They are offering so much better rates and packages and little deals than when I booked. You really made out like a bandit!!!

aaah!  New Forum?!?!?!  Changes to the look?!?!?!   smile35.gif (This feels like when facebook decided to change its look all over again).  I'm a lawyer.  We fear change.  Sigh

Guess it's going to take some getting used to.  Anyone else freaked out?  heehee.

Hey... my pic is gone too.  It took me FOREVER to get that in place! 

smile41.gif

Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post

Yes, you are right, it will all work out! I too am having our TA price out the difference between a Premium Suite versus the regular Suites to see if it is even worth downgrading to the "free" package. I will let you know when I hear back from her!

Click the image to open in full size.

Bigbop - I spoke with my TA about the upgrade to premium.  Looks like it will cost us about 1100 or 1150 to upgrade to the premium level.  Given that we would then "save" the $950 to downgrade to the Free Sweet Wedding Package, I think we'll probably go for it.  Other than losing the bridal bouquet it seems to me like you get more with the Free Package and for just a little more we're getting the significant upgrade in accommodations.   Hopefully your TA will have similar news for you.

#2.  I lied about my pic - it's back up on here now.

#3.  It won't let me delete the photo out of the quote (sorry, it's there for no reason and not related to my response to Bigbop).