Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaz2be View Post
Amanda, so sorry to hear things are so tough right now. I'm sure things will turn around soon. And I think I can speak for most of the ladies here when I say we love to listen and offer words of support/help when we can.

hug2.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmc1105 View Post
Yayy congrats on setting the date!

I think we're doing ours at the beach too! We live in Miami, so i am used to parties and heels on the beach lol.

That is awesome that he planned that for you... Soo thoughtful!

Welcome! The photographer is one of the most important decisions... and I'm still trying to decide how far from my original budget I'm willing to stray. frown.gif
Good luck!

So sorry to hear you are going through so much. I love your "so behind in life" comment, because I feel like that a lot too. I always say things like I need to go organize my life, and my friends laugh, but I'm soo serious.

You and your FI probably need a date night or something to help with all the stress you've been dealing with. hug2.gif And you can always vent here if you need it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post
Sending good thoughts your way. i am so sorry you guys had a rough week! Hang in there!
THANKS ladies! We are going to a local wine tasting night hosted by our community arts group tonight. we're bringing the baby but still should be a good mini escape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murmel View Post
We rented from Excellence Car rental. We had them pick us up at the resort, then got the rental car. Once we returned it, they also drove us back to the resort, no extra charge. We were driven to the Cancun office, about 20 minutes away. They were very helpful, even if the car was a bit older...but at least I wasn't worried about people breaking into the car. Plus their rates INCLUDE insurance, additional driver and 'get out of trouble' card (basically it's a card they give to tourists, so in case you get pulled over, the cop is suppose to just give you a warning and let you off the hook- but you do have to ask for the card!) I drive standard, and most of the cars seemed to be standards, so in case you need an automatic make sure to request it.
Excellence Car Rental
excellence@cancunmexicocarrental.com
Excellence Car Rental, cancun car rental, car rental in cancun | Mxico

We are thinking about doing our wedding reception at the beach BBQ area. :)

Also have to tell you girls, my FI 'kidnapped' me yesterday for a Surprise Day. We both worked an early shift and then we got into the car and drove for about 2 hours! Well we checked into a lovely hotel, and went out for a great dinner. And then he lead me to a concert...to my surprise it was...Sting! (And I love Sting!) We sat in the 11th row, as Sting performed with the London Philharmonic Orchestra! Hee hee I love Surprise Day!
Can you share how much the rental is like in Mexico?

Horay for another bride who wants to have something to do with BEACH pinkie.gif

Oh your FI is so sweet. I hope you enjoyed your day.

Quote:
Oh, I think the beach reception would be GORGEOUS!! It's FI who isn't into it. He says that possibility of windy and sand combined is not what he wants on his day!! (Guess I gotta let the man have SOME say) :wink:

Hey, I'm totally planning to "borrow" that idea too - just saw the thread the other day. Originally, I had suggested that if people wanted us to kiss they should stand up, do a shot of tequila and shout "TEQUILA" at the top of their lungs. But that got vetoed by FI too - he said that knowing my family and our friends nobody would make it past dinner - and I should remember it's an all inclusive so nobody would be stingy on the shots!! hahaha (hey, wait a minute - that's him getting to make the decisions AGAIN?! What's THAT about) j/k. pinkie.gif
Haha. My FI was all about the beach idea. Yes, we need to make sure they have voice in the wedding planning.

I did see the tequila idea on one of the threads. We also have many light drinkers (including me) so we didn't think it was for us. I love the maracas!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post
Oh ans ladies...i have been dreading coming on here because i knew you all were posting up a storm and it would take me forever to catch up. I am so behind in life (or so it feels) right now that I didn't want to feel bhind here to. But nevertheless I came back and I am caught up.

Thanks for all of your words of encourgament on Tuesday. I needed them. It has been such a rough week. On top of all of the wedding stuff, FI got into a car accident, his family dog was put to sleep this morning and we just found out his aunt is really, really sick. :) So sad.

All the complaining about the wedding seems silly now. (Even though there is so much to say about my TA... I can get into that at another time.)

So thanks ladies for listening.
Oh. I am so sorry to hear about everything... is your FI OK? Sometimes things just happen all at once. If you need a distraction, please let us know. I hope your weekend turns out better.

Quote:
Oh and Chong, I forgot to tell you...I know that you are planning to do your pre travel brochures soon. Vista print has 25 for free or 100 for the price of 25 on sale until the end of the month.
Yes, I saw that promotion. I will be working on my pre-travel brochures this weekend. (I am not looking forward to it...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
These maracas are great! We used them as well and had them on all our reception tables. Just some FYI about them though: 1) they come with a really, really strong chemical smell so make sure you unpack them and let them breath for a while, and 2) the paint on them is rather fragile. Even though we packed them in a bunch of newspaper in a suitcase, they got banged up and the paint chipped.
Thanks! I definitely will need to pack them well. I did noticed that the paint on the maracas comes off very easily. It was cheap and I know we are going to have fun with it. I will make sure to unpack them as soon as we get to the resort.

Hello ladies,

I am working my way through the 400's . . . getting there! need a break! I am trying to stay focused on looking for posts about wedding packages and where you had your receptions but I keep getting sidetracked reading things and looking at other topics lol. I would love to see some pics, especially of the Zocallo or the Zavaz, altho we haven't talked about it yet and FI might want to have reception on the beach. We are already getting married in the chapel, so maybe want to have beach reception. I have a feeling I will have to talk to the WC soon so need to do my research! Any help is appreciated! If you want to email me it's colleen.dawn@gmail.com Thanks!

Quote:
Oh ans ladies...i have been dreading coming on here because i knew you all were posting up a storm and it would take me forever to catch up. I am so behind in life (or so it feels) right now that I didn't want to feel bhind here to. But nevertheless I came back and I am caught up.

Thanks for all of your words of encourgament on Tuesday. I needed them. It has been such a rough week. On top of all of the wedding stuff, FI got into a car accident, his family dog was put to sleep this morning and we just found out his aunt is really, really sick. :) So sad.

All the complaining about the wedding seems silly now. (Even though there is so much to say about my TA... I can get into that at another time.)

So thanks ladies for listening.
Hope your FI is okay. Thinking about you during this hard time, and know that there is lots of support here! Don't worry about feeling behind...we all feel that way. Take care of what is important first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong View Post
Can you share how much the rental is like in Mexico?

Horay for another bride who wants to have something to do with BEACH pinkie.gif

Oh your FI is so sweet. I hope you enjoyed your day.
I am pretty sure if you go to the website, the prices are listed. I will check my receipts tomorrow and see if I still have it.

And I loved my 'surprise day'! Thanks :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
Remember when you thought you'd never make it to junior member? How times have changed hehehhe.
Woot for another elite member!!!
I know, crazy how times have changed! Can't believe I've been apart of this forum for almost 2 years now! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmarmar123 View Post
Congratulations!!! thewave.gif
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahalo79 View Post
yay!! We just got our date confirmed! April 25th, 2011 at 4pm. getting married at the catholic chapel at El Dorado Maroma, but reception back at AS. Next I have to tell officially "meet" the WC and tell her what wedding package we want. I am going to be busy reading the older posts tomorrow at work, hope it is not too busy lol, lots to read. also don't know what reception dinner options we have. I would have written back to all of you who were kind enough to welcome me, but I'm not down with multi-quoting yet! Also my ticker is so small! Haha, oh well at least i figured out how to do it. Thanks for listening to me vent!
YAY! Congrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong View Post
Wow...this video is awesome. unfortunately i am a handicap when it comes to makeup. i thought it would be easy when i watched the video for the first 10 mins and then i got overwhelmed with the eyes... so complicated. i am determined to try it myself to see if i look like a bride but i am not too optimistic... thanks for the link!

i wish i had the long relationship with my hair dresser. i've been moving around every since i was a little girl so i never had a steady hair dresser. i am so ready for a good one to stay with :)

That's so funny that nobody wants to have the reception on the beach. that's where we are having the reception. we are very excited about the beach!!!
You're welcome! If you just seriously practice, you'd be surprised at how good you can get :)

I think I would never move just due to fear of losing her, haha!

Oh don't get me wrong, the beach receptions are GORGEOUS. The wind would have been nice on my wedding day. There are two big reasons I didn't have my reception on the beach, 1. I hate sand, always have (lame I know) and 2. I LOVE wearing heels, I have a shoe obsession and I wanted to wear heels. So to each their own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMMDC View Post
Would you mind sending me pictures of your reception? Was this part of the package deal where they make reservations for your group? How many people did you have? Did you have a DJ/dancing? Thanks!!
Sure I definitely will, PM me your email address!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
WOW!!! That is really really impressive!
Thanks! I should probably take time to amuse my hobbies instead of coming online but I can't help it, I love it here :)

Quote:
Wines....Ooooo.....so many. Mexican wines: (we had a ton to try while in Mexico, but unfortunately can't get many here) Try L.A. Cetto Nebbiolo Reserva Privada (if you can find it), or any of the Shiraz's L.A. Cetto produce.
A couple of other current favorites:
De Bortoli Windy Peak Pinot Noir (Australian or New Zealand).
Sandalford Shiraz (Austraila)
Trapiche Malbec (Argentina)
Always love to try new ones! :)

Congratulations!smile123.gif

Also have to tell you girls, my FI 'kidnapped' me yesterday for a Surprise Day. We both worked an early shift and then we got into the car and drove for about 2 hours! Well we checked into a lovely hotel, and went out for a great dinner. And then he lead me to a concert...to my surprise it was...Sting! (And I love Sting!) We sat in the 11th row, as Sting performed with the London Philharmonic Orchestra! Hee hee I love Surprise Day!
Love the wine suggestions! I'm gonna look for some!

Thank you :)

Awww that is so sweet, you have a great FI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz View Post
mmmmmm LOVE a Malbec and Tempranillo! LOVE some Italian wine like a Barolo!! Ready for some wine! I haven't drank this week due to the ole wedding diet. Fi and I are hUGE winos. We buy a case of wine every 2-3 weeks! YIKES!!!

WOW!! That's AMAZING! Congrats!!!!!!!!

Yes, the video is great!!! Thanks AMy!
MMmmm Lindz, we're totally separated at birth :) I'm going to try Barolo, I don't think I have yet.

Thank you!!!

You're welcome :)

Quote:
FI is a big wine guy actually thinking about doing it professionally...selling it...not making it. but one day I would love to make our own wine.

We are doing it at Plaza Zavaz. That's actually my #1 pick. I didn't want to do it on the beach and I think it should fit my party perfectly from what I hear

CONGRATS!
I would LOVE to own a winery, retire there but still work. Ahhh dreams!

It will be the perfect spot for your group!

Thank you :)

Quote:
Oh and Chong, I forgot to tell you...I know that you are planning to do your pre travel brochures soon. Vista print has 25 for free or 100 for the price of 25 on sale until the end of the month.
OH GUESS WHAT! I found my brochures! PM me your addy and I'll mail it out to you today. Did you get the postcards I sent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmc1105 View Post
That video is perfect!! Thank you so much! And let me tell you, you did NOT look 19 on your wedding day wink.gif

Congrats, very well deserved!!
You're welcome!! Thank you, I very much wanted to look more adult of course... no child bride thing going on, ahaha!

Thank you!!

Hi Ladies, its been such a looonng time since I've visited the blog I have to go back to page 650 to catch up LOLOL my wedding is in December the countdown begins and I've done NOTHING :/ I also just found out my WC Cecile is no longer with the resort sad.gif they have assigned me to Kiara Marcano....does anyone else have her? Cecile was Fantastic and answered every email within 24 hours im spoiled sad.gif

another question to everyone I was told our chairs come with the SKy Deck wedding but will we have to pay for the chairs at our reception at the plaza??

Wow! It ONLY took me 2 hrs to catch up!!!

Quote:
I had an American Bulldog before Baby G...her name was Princess Jasmine Peanut Butter Smooches :) Rescued her when she was about 1.5 and one night (April 2009) I woke up and she had passed away sometime during the night.
I am soooo sorry to hear that! She was really cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *lyndsey* View Post
Hi All,

I've been away on holiday for a week & have had to catch up with my reading on here!

We booked our wedding at the beginning of May and sent the wedding pack away about 7 weeks ago....we were told it would take a maximum of 8 weeks but still do not have a confirmed wedding date. i am so stressed already, there are 40 of us in total flying out & staying in mexico for 2 weeks for the wedding. we have one big party for thr family and then others booked separately as couples. on the family booking 2 of my friends booked on it as they were both bridesmaids and it worked out cheaper for my sister to pretend one of her kids was in the room with them. anyway one of my friends has now told me she has to cancel (long story) its not really her fault but i think she should have thought things through more when booking. now there is around £800 extra to be paid as it messes up the rooms. my fiance & I will end up having to pay this i feel stressed out & my weddings not even confirmed! ahhhhhgirl_werewolf.gif

lynds x

I'm so sorry to hear this. I know it will all work out in the long run. Just another bump in the road. This will make you really appreciate it all in the end.

Quote:
So far I'm a bit indifferent about Carolina to be honest. Her turn around time is usually a day or so (although sometimes longer)... She doesn't really seem to be a wealth of knowledge or very eager to try and get a girl a good deal (this comment from various discussions with her)... BUT she is very precise with her answers to my questions, never misses an answer and I'm hopeful that as we move closer to my date and I'm going back and forth more and more with her and getting to know each other that things will continue to improve. - - definitely don't have any serious COMPLAINTS about her at all so far.
I'm along for the ride with you now. Just found out yesterday that she's my new WC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kortneysmith View Post
I am freaking out just a little. My WC was Cecile. After several emails with no response I called and they told me she was no longer with the company. I spoke with a man who said he was the manager and now I can not remember his name. Have any of you ladies dealt with him and if so, do you remembe his name? He said he was going to email me my new WC's info but I have not yet received anything. I tried to call today and was on hold for 30 min with no response. My wedding is in October and I need to make some decisions and FAST but can not do so due to the change in WC.

Oh, what to do?

Ok, Kortney, I feel your pain! I also had Cecile and emailed Fabio over a week ago and just got an email yesterday (after my TA intervened) saying that Carolina is my new WC. Sadly, be patient and it will all work out. I know that's easier said than done especially since you're so close to your day but I'm sure it will all work out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post
Gingerlover, aside from that link I PM'ed you, these are for you. I've been scouring inspiration boards for the past week or so just browsing for things I like. Hope these help some......

Click the image to open in full size.

This actually makes me want to change my colors. So pretty!

Quote:
Cheetos are good! LOL

The resort is far away from the local markets, about a 20 minute drive. FI and I have rented a car for the few days before our guests arrive to run the errands. The resort just valet parks your car, no problems.

Cheetos are great if they're not part of your 5-star wedding cuisine! I have no clue why Cheetos were even part of my dream?!

Dumb question: is there an additional charge to park a car at the resort? Do taxis pass by the resort or do you have to hire transportation when you want to leave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
smile123.gif

pinkie.gifpinkie.gifpinkie.gif

I just got my Elite Banner!!! Wooo hoooo!!!

smile123.gif Congrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post
BUT, I did make one for Meredith that I was pretty proud of but for her's I used photobucket.

Ohhhhhhh, thank you for the info on Puerto Morales! I really just wanted some maracas, especially for the kids.

Thanks again for my inspiration board! Loved it!

Check out Oriental Trading Company for maracas. They also have a fiesta section and a wedding section. I just purchased paper lanterns and parasols from here too. Cheapest I've found so far and great quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahalo79 View Post
yay!! We just got our date confirmed!
Congrats!! thewave.gif

Quote:
Also have to tell you girls, my FI 'kidnapped' me yesterday for a Surprise Day. Hee hee I love Surprise Day!
Very good man...so thoughtful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post
I am considering getting one of them for a cheaper package but I am lucky, My mom is a professional photographer by trade so if I want some interesting shots she is going to do those and then 2 of my guest shoot professional sports so I have them on back up as well. I just wanted to hire someone for a cheap package to do family photos and ceremony stuff.
You definitely are lucky but I would also confirm the backups. Your mom may be so full of emotion that she may not be able to focus (I know mine wouldn't).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post
That's awesome. We do have one guy who isn't professional or anything, but takes really great pics so I was thinking of asking him to bring his camera equipment as well. That way I have at least a few "amazing" shots. :o)
Always great to have options! You never hear of anyone complaining about having too many pics of their wedding day. Lol!

Quote:
Do you know what you are putting in yours? Right now we are doing a custom CD, puzzle books for the beach, weekend warrior kits, custom chapsticks and a welcome letter. I would like to do more but with 70+ bags, it's a lot of money and a lot of stuff to bring. Do you have any other suggestions?
Yesterday I went to Dollar Tree (my 2nd home) and got hand sanitizer (3 for $1) and packs of gum (4 for $1). Pretty much everything we're putting in ours is from there so $1 or less per item.

And I'm sorry you guys are having a rough time right now, but remember this too shall pass and you will be stronger when iti does. hug2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzgillis316 View Post
Hi Ladies, its been such a looonng time since I've visited the blog I have to go back to page 650 to catch up LOLOL my wedding is in December the countdown begins and I've done NOTHING :/ I also just found out my WC Cecile is no longer with the resort sad.gif they have assigned me to Kiara Marcano....does anyone else have her? Cecile was Fantastic and answered every email within 24 hours im spoiled sad.gif
another question to everyone I was told our chairs come with the SKy Deck wedding but will we have to pay for the chairs at our reception at the plaza??
I had Cecile too and she was always prompt. That's how I knew something wasn't right even before I found out she was gone from the ladies here. My new WC is Carolina tho so hopefully it will work out ok for the both of us.

With the Sky Deck, the chairs and chair covers are included (12 I think). You have to pay for any additional beyond that from my understanding. For the reception, the chairs would be included but not the covers. Yes, as silly as it sounds, the chairs for the different events are not created equal! pokestick.gif

My TA emailed me a promotion from caribe photo..one of the 2 that Karisma uses...I know most of you are bringing your own...but just in case...wanteed to share the info.

If you go with one of their packages ($900 or more) then you get a free video of the ceremony...and if you purchase a video package, it's 40% off. There are date restrictions....if you want more info you can go to caribephoto.com and look at it there.

Jist thought I would share....

Quote:
My TA emailed me a promotion from caribe photo..one of the 2 that Karisma uses...I know most of you are bringing your own...but just in case...wanteed to share the info.

If you go with one of their packages ($900 or more) then you get a free video of the ceremony...and if you purchase a video package, it's 40% off. There are date restrictions....if you want more info you can go to caribephoto.com and look at it there.

Jist thought I would share....
Thanks so much for sharing!